Spell Rotation

Taral

I am a level 30 Sorcerer. I spec'd lightening, but just respec'd after I felt I was not doing sufficient damage. I currently repec'd into the Creeping Terror (3/7/31) tree. However, because I am only 30, it looks more like (0/0/21). I was wondering if someone could help me find a proper rotation used for both weak targets and strong targets, using this build. I find myself not knowing what to do and randomly casting stuff. Also, if aggro is pulled on the Sorcerer, what is the correct way to continue DPSing? Overload and Force Slow? Thanks.

- A struggling Madness Sorcerer.

Edited by Taral

I am a level 30 Sorcerer. I spec'd lightening, but just respec'd after I felt I was not doing sufficient damage. I currently repec'd into the Creeping Terror (3/7/31) tree. However, because I am only 30, it looks more like (0/0/21). I was wondering if someone could help me find a proper rotation used for both weak targets and strong targets, using this build. I find myself not knowing what to do and randomly casting stuff. Also, if aggro is pulled on the Sorcerer, what is the correct way to continue DPSing? Overload and Force Slow? Thanks.

- A struggling Madness Sorcerer.

might wanna edit and put " ability rotation" i sense lore junkies/anti-wow folks coming out of woodworks already <<

You should probably respec and grab the five points in lightning to reduce skill costs and give you an extra 100 force power. Those are significant in terms of sustained DPS and healing especially when trying to solo champions and the like.

Currently 0/3/18 so similar as you.

Against weak targets, I'd Death Field and then Overload. Pretty much kills them all (they are normally in 3's) if not just zap a few of them with Shock or let Khem punch them.

Strong target, start with Crushing Darkness, immediately follow with Afflicition. After that, Death Field, Shock, Force Lightning. If it's not dead by then use another Force Lightning or let Khem finish it off.

Elites, same cycle as strong targets but I'd bubble prior to engaging and also stun them after the first shock. After you'll have to refresh both Afflicition at some point, and probably Crushing Darkness too. Crushing Darkness will have ended since by the time it's off cooldown so recast as soon as you can, and since Afflicition has no cooldown just keep it up on the target.

Champions are the same way as elites, but healing is involved or Khem will die. You will also want to conserve your Force power as well or you will most likely run out before the end and will have to resort to using Consumption.

These are assuming you have Deathmark by the way.