Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.0 - 11/7/28 - New PT RWZ Spec

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
2.0 - 11/7/28 - New PT RWZ Spec

Reviaj
03.15.2013 , 04:52 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Malds View Post
Theyve just nerfed full pyro.

Td now has less damage but applies a ****** weak dot. Bassically it went from hitting for 5 to 6k on fully geared players...to 4k. Tested it on a guildie with similar gear level in a duel and on wz dummy.

Guess its back to hy brid as they have made crit a little easier to get and flame bursts crit damage increased by 30%. Critting for over 3k on my flame bursts now lol
If you're talking about AP-Phyro hybrid I'm sorry but that's not available anymore:

Advanced Prototype
Charged Gauntlets has been redesigned. While High Energy Gas Cylinder is active, damage dealt by Rocket Punch makes the next Rail Shot an automatic critical hit. The Powertech skill tree has been rearranged, making Charged Gauntlets require Prototype Cylinder Ventilation instead of Serrated Blades

About TD, well I think 4k TD + 7k Railshot is bursty enough to take down a target... and I agree the new dot of TD sucks... it would be quite better if instead of 12 seconds it was 6.

At least they buffed crit again, so we should be able to reach 30% crit...

Cheers

Nezyrworks
03.15.2013 , 05:24 AM | #22
Well all other classes also had their crit buffed so thats not an argument.

The real issue is the CGC... the net damage loss is just irritating. Ion pulse got buffed, but thats about it...
Meet the Pyro!

BobyDigital
03.15.2013 , 05:32 AM | #23
My rage marauder grows stronger everyday puny powertechs muwahahahahahahaha!! your day is coming to an end! fear the raekwonthechef! muwahahahaha

bobby'digitall/raekwonthechef

Malds
03.15.2013 , 05:33 AM | #24
No i meamt jus TD. 4k is not enough. Bare in mind..my current build is max power surge to test out max damage. To get 30% crit that TD will probabpy only be hitting for 3.5k..worthless on a 12 second kd when instead i can buff the rest of my dps from the other skills.

I will have to now say oil slick hybrid is probably the nest we have now.

Not a bad build..rail shot hits hard and glame burst is rly nice now so can still do a fair amount of burst and sustained dps..whipst provinding an aoe slow for our aoe snipers and smashers.
Expulze - Sniper
E
xpulse - Powertech

Nezyrworks
03.15.2013 , 05:42 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Malds View Post
No i meamt jus TD. 4k is not enough. Bare in mind..my current build is max power surge to test out max damage. To get 30% crit that TD will probabpy only be hitting for 3.5k..worthless on a 12 second kd when instead i can buff the rest of my dps from the other skills.

I will have to now say oil slick hybrid is probably the nest we have now.

Not a bad build..rail shot hits hard and glame burst is rly nice now so can still do a fair amount of burst and sustained dps..whipst provinding an aoe slow for our aoe snipers and smashers.
Thats an absurd. The TD is still SO weak that is not an option. Not td build for PVP with oil slick is the way to go, but then CGC is just damn weak.... i know they gave us more damage on Ion pulse, which is nice, but 50% lower DOT that is about 15-25% of our total dps is something i can't just understand.
Meet the Pyro!

Reviaj
03.15.2013 , 06:01 AM | #26
Yeah, Oil slick will probably be the way to go. Considering that also our defenses has been nerfed in phyro (energy rebounder in AP now), we'll have to be back with our healers and even if we loose some "burst" by not having TD, utility and teamwork will be actually better with the "hybrid". I was thinking about something like this (utility wise):

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-...0000000&ver=20

3% less crit chance, but 10 seconds lower CD in Grapple is nice too.

About CGC, I don't feel is that weak, it still hurts and crits for 1k or more.