THIS is SO TRUE !

Toxsicking

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I think SWTOR is a meh MMORPG and I agree with some of the things he says.. I dont agree with him on pvp gear and on how long it should take.. If you raid and you are in a raiding guild, you dont get a new piece of gear every 5 to 8 hours... he is acting like you sould get a new piece of loot every 5 hours... Thats retarded....

Sounds like he wants a WOW clone. Complaints about knock backs? Personally, I like them, it mixes pvp up, you never know what is coming, and no matter how good you are doing, there is ALWAYS the chance you can get killed (vice versa) from another toon jumping into the fray. Also, a lot of the bugs are being worked on, it's like people have never played a game for the first few months at launch. The fact that we are not experiencing roll backs, total re-writes of classes, servers constantly dropping ect is a HUGE improvement over other major MMO's out there at launch. How many classes stayed exactly the same after launch in wow and were never nerfed or improved or change? That's right, none. They all went through changes, just as we are going to see in this game. This game has been out for a month and honestly, all these complaints just sound like crying. There are many complaints, but YOU ALL NEED TO LEARN SOME PATIENCE. Bioware is not going to fix the game over night. They are going to fix it as fast as they can. Do you want them to push out fixes without testing them? Do any of you remember SWG?

In the end, people need to learn patience, your QQ's are falling on deaf ears, and a lot of what people are ************ about and throwing tantrums about are being fixed, just not instantly. That's the problem with people these days, they want a perfect product out the door and want it now. It's like you all have never played games before.

Dunno about making a whole video to say you dont enjoy mirrored classes and that the animations need more work... but those two things were in beta feedback. I dont know what is being done about it, or if anyone cares but there you have it.

THE TOO LONG DIDN'T WATCH VERSION, PLEASE READ:

SWTOR does not encourage grinding for PvP items:

2h weapon = 72 Centurion Commendations

72 Centurion Commendations = 24 PvP bags

1 PvP bag = 800 Warzone Commendations

19,200 Warzone Commendations for 2h weapon

Each warzone give an average of 70 commendations, say you win/lose half half

274 games played average for 19,200 warzone commendations

274 games on average = 68.5 hours of PVP for a 2h weapon

Also this is mentioned in the movie:

If you run forward and open your guild tab or your bags, the game will lag for 2 seconds.

Lack of interesting animations, some are cool, sith lightning attacks but that's it, boring healing animations on the mercenary

Every classes has a knockback and a stun, lack of originality and uniqueness

Ilum performance is horrible, compared to 120v120 tol barad in WoW, plus people camping at their base waiting for kills

Game lack skills because there's no cooldowns to play with, no real impact in a fight, spam spam spam

Nameplates are badly done, in pvp, it's a zergfest and it's hard to click someone on the screen

Raid frames don't always indicate correct health

Damage over time breaks flag cap in warzones.

Healing feels underdevelopped, whack-a-mole type of healing. click raid frames

Login screen load times are long even on a Solidstate Drive.

Difficult to know when a node is capped in Aldeeran compared to WoW

Edited by Thekze

Video brings up some legitimate issues. Here are my thoughts:

In beta, if you posted a suggestion on the forums regarding some issue that could be remedied by using something from WoW, you were trolled into the ground by the Anti-WoW crowd. A number of people eventually stopped posting their thoughts because they were referencing something from WoW as a comparison. There are a lot of elements of this game that should have been a lot more polished than what we were given at launch.

BioWare had one of the best, if not the best, MMORPG's ever to take queues from. I'm not saying they should have simply made Star Wars of Warcraft. However, when I can get better interface execution from a free to play MMO, there's an issue. When I have to hit three loading screens to go from my ship to a planet, there's an issue. The things such as interface customization, ability/animation delay, and the other glaring bugs that SWTOR is currently plagued with should have been squashed prior to release. Those elements aren't aesthetic (well customization is but I digress,) these are key elements to the player having fluid gameplay to enjoy.

On the other hand, comparing every element in SWTOR to WoW and claiming SWTOR is atrocious is a bit premature. Again, we don't want Star Wars of Warcraft -- we still want a unique game (or as "unique" as you can get in the MMO genre.) Blizzard has been tweaking and polishing WoW since October of 2004. SWTOR has been available for just over a month now. Personally, I don't expect a perfect game this early into the title's release. However, I did expect something a bit more polished than what was given to me. Especially considering it's a monthly pay to play title.

That being said, I do have faith that the devs will continue to fix the major issues as quickly as possible. To think otherwise is asinine, this wasn't a low budget title where they make a quick buck simply on software sale alone and eventually go free to play after a few months of little to no subscriber income.

TL;DR:

Give the game some time, it will get better. Should it have been better at launch? Definitely.

Very very good video - all the the points you made are fair.

I have been playing this game since the 14th of Dec and have only one level 50, as like you said, the "fun" aspect of the game is leveling your character, so I am just leveling up more characters working my way through each story.

But the only real reason I keep playing this game is the fact that it's Star Wars. I keep asking myself what did BW spend all the money on that this game is in the state that its in.

I really hope somebody from BW (somebody that counts and not a forum mod) watches this video and takes note.

Well done!

thanks for my posting my video man :)

I truly do wish the best for SWTOR and I really do hope Bioware can glean a little bit off of why I unsubscribed.

Best of luck to you all!

That was a really well done video... I subscribed to your channel =)