Remove the rakghoul plague now

I'm looking, and if there is something that 50% of the WoW customer base at the time hated, it sure is hidden pretty well. Especially when you say something on the internet it seems to stay out there forever.

And I'd take your bet.

Didn't seem like 50/50 in WoW, and that was only designed for lvl 50+'s, and had no vaccine, and it sure doesnt seem like 50% here either.

If it was 50% you would see TONS of threads hating it. Overflowing the forums. It's contained to one thread, and even in this thread it seems like a low percentage to who likes it.

While I think here you might be right as more may like it.

Not so in WOW from my experience or there forums.

Either way, I'd rather not have a copied WOW event.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite.

And all the other perks are somewhat more difficult to perform at 10th and lower levels; not as much fun as many choose to believe.

Get infected. Wait 30 minutes (whilst leveling). Body goes pop, res right in same spot with no durability hit, find someone to buy your 5 DNA samples at 10k each (very reasonable, I saw players selling them excess of 20k each last night)... Possibility to make 50k+ credits as a lvl 10 player. How is that not beneficial. Crap, you can outfit your character with lvl9-10 blues and oranges for less than 10k.

Only null effects are a few times your stunned whilst you transform and pop, and the infected look and sounds. Thats it. How is any of this not fun? Free credits (with minimal effort, less than questing or grinding a mob), an immersive live event... I just can't understand how this isn't fun.

If I was just starting out in this game, I would be seeking out to get infected, its such an easy way to make coin so early on.

Not every 30 minutes, 30minutes after you get infected. If you're out questing, you won't get infected again unless someone explodes near you. Also there's a daily quest you can do every 24 hours - infect 10 people. If you complete it, you get 5 free vaccines that last 6 hours each.

That's 30 hours of immunity for this event you can earn every 24 hours.

Unless you die while questing. Then you have to use another one. And another one each time you die. So, no more dying allowed at lower levels, otherwise you will get your 50 repair bill, and need to buy another 2k vaccine...

I love your definition of nobody is forcing me to participate when in the same sentence you say "so you die every 30 mins"

Talk about a statement full of contradiction...

If dying in the game meant more than pushing one button to revive on the SAME SPOT you just died on and carry on about your business, you might have a point. As is, you have no leg to stand on to complain about dying from a live event with no repair costs.

I remember back in the day you died and had to run from a bind point naked to the spot you died on to get your gear back. If that were true here, THEN you could feel justified complaining.

Not every 30 minutes, 30minutes after you get infected. If you're out questing, you won't get infected again unless someone explodes near you. Also there's a daily quest you can do every 24 hours - infect 10 people. If you complete it, you get 5 free vaccines that last 6 hours each.

That's 30 hours of immunity for this event you can earn every 24 hours.

Isn't that forcing them to do the event if they don't want to still.

It needs like 40 minutes to explode when infected. Even if you log in the middle of 10 infected people, the chance to be infected before you move away is infinitesimal.

Stop whining about something that barely affects you, if at all.

Get infected. Wait 30 minutes (whilst leveling). Body goes pop, res right in same spot with no durability hit, find someone to buy your 5 DNA samples at 10k each (very reasonable, I saw players selling them excess of 20k each last night)... Possibility to make 50k+ credits as a lvl 10 player. How is that not beneficial. Crap, you can outfit your character with lvl9-10 blues and oranges for less than 10k.

Only null effects are a few times your stunned whilst you transform and pop, and the infected look and sounds. Thats it. How is any of this not fun? Free credits (with minimal effort, less than questing or grinding a mob), an immersive live event... I just can't understand how this isn't fun.

If I was just starting out in this game, I would be seeking out to get infected, its such an easy way to make coin so early on.

THIS. Instead of whining, be smart, and make a profit out of it! Edited by Korrigan

You do realize by playing the game your being in essence forced to do certain things. If you want xp you MUST do an action to earn it. If you want credits you must do an action to earn them or have someone give them to you.

Saying the company itself is griefing you by having an event ingame that you can take a vaccine to prevent is just downright trolling. Fine if you dont like it, but dont make things up just because your angry.

Your comparison is well If I said what I thought I'd probably get a "Warning from Bioware".... But to use your logic, if I don't want XP I can just stand there and do nothing, the choice is MINE, if I don't want credits then I don't have to get credits but the choice is mine. Having someone come up to me and explode on me thus infecting me is not a choice.

And how about the people going to starter planets where someone can't even afford to buy a 2k vaccine?

As I said the event was fine until Bioware thought it would be funny having people explode 24/7 on the space station, thats when it stop being fun.... although I will admit it was humorous the first few times I saw people do it, but it quickly grew old....

Edited by Monoth

It needs like 40 minutes to explode when infected. Even if you log in the middle of 10 infected people, the chance to be infected before you move away is infinitesimal.

Stop whining about something that barely affects you, if at all.

FYI: it's 20 mins... people have used stop watches to time it... only takes longer if you get bugged by traveling while infected....

You die without repercussions.

You literally have to click one button then carry on.

So hard a life it is.

If one dies; taking the serum and living apparently gains one debt, and no perks.

Of course, trying to survive death is my own motivation for most of my gameplay; perhaps this differs from some others that prefer their opinions over others.

I see threads like this, demanding catering to one person or group of people, and I wish the game designer would reply with "No." These threads are just so........silly. You don't like something, leave the game until it is taken away. There are plenty of people enjoying the event, why do you feel the need to rain on their parade? Just so juvenile.

Isn't that forcing them to do the event if they don't want to still.

Again, no one's forcing anything. Just go about your business as normal. The money you make from exploding can more than pay for any vaccines you want/need. Ignore the plague if you want, it's not a big deal.

;)

Do not remove the plague. I want MORE disruption from the disgusting tedium of these games. I wanna see Darth soandso invade the space station with 10 champions in tow, slaughtering everything in their path, npc vendors included.

It's precisely because it disrupts bozos meeting friends to grind, or crafting, or whatever, that makes it so.

As Bill Murray said in Ground Hog Day, "This is different. Anything different is good."

What about that Rakghoul DNA or whatever it is some people found in their backpacks? I'll bet it's to craft an antidote or vaccine. Go figure it out and have fun.

And that statement by Bill Murray is totally stupid. Think about it..being sick rather than well is different...how is that good? You would'nt feel it was if you was sick..:p

Here's what I don't understand:

why can't some people just be allowed to not like it?

Why does anyone who dislikes it have to be labeled a "whiner" or someone who "has to be that guy" or he of whom it's said, "there's always one?" Why do they have to be someone who is just out to complain, or who couldn't possibly just dislike the plague for honest reasons?

As folks on both sides of the issue have said, you can't please everybody.

Maybe it's not just that they have to complain, but that they genuinely don't like it.

What if, two months from now, another event was released and all of these same people loved it? What if you, who are now calling them complainers and the like, actually hate it?

That wouldn't make you a whiner. It wouldn't mean you just "have to have something to complain about. It would just mean you didn't like it, for whatever reason.

And that would be fine.

Just like this is:

I don't like it!:)

Your comparison is well If I said what I thought I'd probably get a "Warning from Bioware".... But to use your logic, if I don't want XP I can just stand there and do nothing, the choice is MINE, if I don't want credits then I don't have to get credits but the choice is mine. Having someone come up to me and explode on me thus infecting me is not a choice.

And how about the people going to started planets where someone can't even afford to buy a 2k vaccine?

As I said the event was fine until Bioware thought it would be funny having people explode 24/7 on the space station, thats when it stop being fun.... although I will admit it was humorous the first few times I saw people do it, but it quickly grew old....

I find it hilarious.

To your point about the starter worlds. They essentially get about 10k-50k credits if they sell the tokens? And they get NO DEATH PENALTY.

I need to start a new character and ask someone to come spread the plague.

Not quite.

One apparently gets DNA samples from dying; not from being infected. Spending 2k on a stim seemingly prevents this.

And all the other perks are somewhat more difficult to perform at 10th and lower levels; not as much fun as many choose to believe.

Excellent point. But some seem to not see the logic in that. :cool:

If one dies; taking the serum and living apparently gains one debt, and no perks.

Of course, trying to survive death is my own motivation for most of my gameplay; perhaps this differs from some others that prefer their opinions over others.

Please tell me you don't RP. There's no way you do. Impossible.

I swear everytime i come in the forums there's always these disheartening and tiresome posts of people whining no matter what!

It's a world event! It's FUN! You don't have to be involved in it! It's easy to avoid the obvious feverish people, even if you don't it costs you NOTHING! Just respawn on spot! If you don't like respawning there are dirt cheap vaccines!!!!!

Such Passionate objection over the most meager things? Unsubbing over a world event and change of routine, over new content? Oh my Goood...

This is why we can't have nice things lol. If BW does anything ROARRR!!! If they don't or do the opposite ROOARRR anyway!!!

Everyone I know is loving this, and it`s a breath of fresh air. They most certainly need improvements in some parts of the game, but this is DEFINITELY not one of them.

kudos to BW.

Edited by Sarge_

This event is one of the best things that happened to Star wars, and it increased my faith for the future of the game.

While at the same time it has lowered mine. The smart thing to do is add events like it, but never at the expense of others who wish not to take part in them. That way you can please both groups. See the logic in that?

I find it hilarious.

To your point about the starter worlds. They essentially get about 10k-50k credits if they sell the tokens? And they get NO DEATH PENALTY.

I need to start a new character and ask someone to come spread the plague.

Hey why can't I clone camp then? I mean the person I keep killing over and over doesn't get a death penalty either.....

Again, no one's forcing anything. Just go about your business as normal. The money you make from exploding can more than pay for any vaccines you want/need. Ignore the plague if you want, it's not a big deal.

I don't want to deal with exploding the exploding is forcing my alt to deal with the event.

Is there something you don't understand? The stun is more than annoying while leveling I'ld die 3-4 times due to the stupid stun if I tried anything strong or a pair of them. So I am suppose to be annoyed and stand around every time some dingbat explodes around me for 20 minutes try to sell the dna which will get me infected while I am doing so wait 20 minutes rinse repeat and never leave town to level...

All I am asking is to make the plague not able to be carried on the fleet. Anywhere else I am fine but this Clustermuck on the fleet of plagued makes no sense story-wise (as they would of culled you on-site) and is griefing. On my server if you go to the fleet you are being constantly infected unless immune.

While at the same time it has lowered mine. The smart thing to do is add events like it, but never at the expense of others who wish not to take part in them. That way you can please both groups. See the logic in that?

Then a third group would emerge and complain about the other two groups.