Did they stealth nerf slicing?

Ghurtak

So you're saying yes it does seem like they nerfed it or not?

It was a serious question.

We don't know, our posts were tongue in cheek references to the countless conspiracy theories gamers have had in MMOs as to things they thought were changed with no notice but were really just a matter of luck and misconception.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's likely nothing changed and you're the victim of a similar misconception. Anything is possible however.

Humans are horrible at detecting randomness.

In many MMOs, every patch or hotfix, people would be convinced that some random event was altered in some way. This is with a tiny sample size and not based on mathematical evaluation but their own "sense" or "feeling," which when it comes to random events is almost always incorrect.

In many MMOs, every patch or hotfix, people would be convinced that some random event was altered in some way. This is with a tiny sample size and not based on mathematical evaluation but their own "sense" or "feeling," which when it comes to random events is almost always incorrect.

Yeah. About to leave work now so I guess I'll find out myself soon. Not sure why they wouldn't throw this in the notes if it happened. And there is quite a bit of variance in credit boxes.

I'm not ready to make a judgement on this yet but I'm gathering data.

I sure hope not as that is an indication of making knee jerk balance changes based on whiney forum posts rather than objective metrics. If that is the case, we are in for a world of hurt given level of whine in these forums most of which is either uninformed, subjective, ignorant or just for spite (trolling).

Edited by Hellapain

I'm not ready to make a judgement on this yet but I'm gathering data.

I sure hope not as that is an indication of making knee jerk balance changes based on whiney forum posts rather than objective metrics. If that is the case, we are in for a world of hurt given level of whine in these forums most of which is either uninformed, subjective, ignorant or just for spite (trolling).

it's entirely possible, and I'm not saying one way or another here, that tons of people were told by beta testers to take slicing because it was a money maker, so now the devs have millions of more examples and data regarding slicing metrics and they could see a change needed to be implemented in order to ensure future economic stability. It will forever be something that gets tweaked

I've run 20 level 5 missions today and I haven't gotten more than 1300 yet.

In a game with hundreds of thousands of players there will be, statistically speaking, a handful of people who get bad results every time regardless of what the actual chances of a bad result are.

Today, one of those people is you.

You're probably noticing the difference between moderate, abundant, bountiful, and rich yield missions. The first 2 are basically break even propositions when it comes to creds. If you want decent profit only do the bountiful and rich ones. Heck I only do the tier 5 rich ones and they still yield 4-6k. Moderate tier 6 ones give like 1300-1800 and aren't worth touching after you cap.

Don't just take the mission look and see what it's rated yield wise.

Edited by Fan_Atic

I believe its called RNG.

I ran some slicing mission and noticed some net me more credits, some break even and some actually come away a loss.

The way you make extra credits from slicing imo is not from the mission but from the nodes you gather out in the world.

it's entirely possible, and I'm not saying one way or another here, that tons of people were told by beta testers to take slicing because it was a money maker, so now the devs have millions of more examples and data regarding slicing metrics and they could see a change needed to be implemented in order to ensure future economic stability. It will forever be something that gets tweaked

Maybe but I doubt they would fail to put it in the patch notes, its the second day of launch I doubt they are doing any balancing as of yet.

It is pretty funny though to see the number of slicers and cybertechs running around because of what "the beta testers" said about those professions. Wouldn't surprise if Bioware starts to look at those professions in the future to make changes, however I doubt they are now its only been 1 days since launch.

Pipe down Sheldon Cooper

Any system which automatically generates positive credits is an open door for gold sellers.

Gold sellers are bad for the game economy.

Therefore, if slicing hasn't already been tuned to be a net zero credit mission, then it needs to be soon.

The in world collection should also net no more than any of the other gathering missions, but that is slightly less crucial to nerf immediately.

Any system which automatically generates positive credits is an open door for gold sellers.

Gold sellers are bad for the game economy.

Therefore, if slicing hasn't already been tuned to be a net zero credit mission, then it needs to be soon.

The in world collection should also net no more than any of the other gathering missions, but that is slightly less crucial to nerf immediately.

It's not really automative ... you have to pick missions that will yield profit. Not all of them do. And gold farmers don't have to bother with slicing ... there are far faster ways to farm money in TOR. Not to mention most of their credit come from account stealing, not from actual in game farming.