Cross healing needs diminishing returns.

Raansu

Can totally get on board with this, a healer is fine, healers are a blight which should be eradicated. There is no skill in cross healing especially when guards are added, I have no idea why some people who PVP think that not being able to die is a good thing.

or warzones could have soft matchmaking with rules like no more than 2 healers on a team

half of the issues with warzones that get brought up on this board over and over and over would be fixed or at least alleviated by it

but instead of telling bioware this I guess we'd rather have yet another thread blaming healers or the guard mechanic or premades

Edited by yellow_

or warzones could have soft matchmaking with rules like no more than 2 healers on a team

half of the issues with warzones that get brought up on this board over and over and over would be fixed or at least alleviated by it

but instead of telling bioware this I guess we'd rather have yet another thread blaming healers or the guard mechanic or premades

Bioware are not going to put matchmaking in so instead the player base has to come up with answers to questions like too many healers, skank tanking is broken, survivability of certain classes is too high etc.

Bioware are not going to put matchmaking in so instead the player base has to come up with answers to questions like too many healers, skank tanking is broken, survivability of certain classes is too high etc.

I don't see how a completely new mechanic like cross healing DR is any more likely to happen than matchmaking, which already exists in a couple different forms (group finder, solo ranked)

on top of that, matchmaking fixes or helps with several problems all in one fell swoop unlike these piecemeal changes aimed at a single issue

I don't see how a completely new mechanic like cross healing DR is any more likely to happen than matchmaking, which already exists in a couple different forms (group finder, solo ranked)

on top of that, matchmaking fixes or helps with several problems all in one fell swoop unlike these piecemeal changes aimed at a single issue

Bioware have stated they prefer pops over matchmaking. I agree it's a far more logical idea, but I've given up believing it will ever happen so I get behind these ideas instead.

One of my mains is a healer but I'd fully support this. The TTK in this game needs to come way down. Parsing dummy matches where the top number of player kills is in the single digits are not fun for anyone.

Some basic matchmaking would be nice, but assuming that is never going to happen (likely), how about a hefty PVP debuff that renders heals to delivered to other healers 100% ineffective?

That would give teams a counter to multiple healers by allowing them to focus and potentially burn down individual healers.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

I'd gladly spend more time in the queue if it meant we got even elementary matchmaking. Surprised they've managed to separate lowbies from the 70s.

I'd gladly spend more time in the queue if it meant we got even elementary matchmaking. Surprised they've managed to separate lowbies from the 70s.

I'm not even sure that longer queue times works as an argument against matchmaking post-merge. It was a valid one when we had servers with only 30 people or less on Fleet at prime time. Not so much when now have four instances at Fleet at prime time and multiple PVP matches going simultaneously.

There is also no reason why matchmaking couldn't be conditional. Why not have a system that maintains a balancing act between matchmaking and fast queue times? When you have enough people in the queue to support it, basic matchmaking happens. When it is an odd hour and there aren't enough people in the queue, the system just prioritizes getting a match going. It wouldn't be perfect, but it would be a lot better than what we have now.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

I'm not even sure that longer queue times works as an argument against matchmaking post-merge. It was a valid one when we had servers with only 30 people or less on Fleet at prime time. Not so much when now have four instances at Fleet at prime time and multiple PVP matches going simultaneously.

There is also no reason why matchmaking couldn't be conditional. Why not have a system that maintains a balancing act between matchmaking and fast queue times? When you have enough people in the queue to support it, basic matchmaking happens. When it is an odd hour and there aren't enough people in the queue, the system just prioritizes getting a match going. It wouldn't be perfect, but it would be a lot better than what we have now.

Exactly. It could even be as crude as having a timer that bails out of the matchmaking after a certain threshold and just makes pops happen.

Because just about anything would be an improvement over what we have now, which is absolutely nothing at all.

I don't think the queue times would be excessive either, at least if you don't play during the worst fringe hours. However, if it meant we got matchmaking, I'd be more than willing to wait.

No cross-server queue system is why we don't have any matchmaking. The feature requires population density to work, and Bioware already stated years ago that they wouldn't be implementing this [spending the money]. While your suggestion seems like a viable compromise given the current populations of the post-merged servers, there are two problems with it.

1.) The populations we have now won't remain that way. The game loses more players than it gains, and with barely any new content, and years-old bugs and QoL issues, that trend is only going to continue. Some of us will eventually see one last server merger before this game is retired or put into maintenance mode.

2.) Bioware simply doesn't have the resources to do everything we are asking for. A substantial number of their staff were reportedly transferred to another team, so what remains of the SWTOR development team must necessarily prioritize their time to work on critical issues. While some of you may feel differently, objectively speaking, this isn't one of them.

That all said, I PvP nearly every day with my guild in regular WZs, and I absolutely sympathize with everyone about this issue. WZs are often decided before they begin purely on the basis of how many healers are on each team. If one team has two, and the other has none, it's probably going to result in a frustrating loss for the team without healers. If there are too many healers on each team, the match turns into a tedious stalemate as no one is able to kill anyone or capture any objectives. (The exception being matches like Huttball or Odessan where healers aren't as impactful or are more easily mitigated.)

The only way to manage the odds in your favor is to do premades. Although some folks have argued in separate threads that they create their own set of problems, premades are a direct result of the lack of matchmaking. They simply eliminate variables that can contribute to a miserable loss, such as teammates who are woefully under-geared, or who don't know how to play their class, or who don't work together as a team, or not having any healers. In the absence of any developer solution (and I'd dare say you won't ever see this change under Bioware), it's the only option you have available.

Edited by Mournblood

So tired of these 3 healer matches where healers are just circle jerking each other.

They can implement this right after they implement diminishing returns on DPS. Or you could learn to play. Any match I see 3 healers on the other side I'm happy as I know if my team is smart its an easy win. Who cares if we do not get as many kills, the easy win is worth it.

Edited by Stellarcrusade

They can implement this right after they implement diminishing returns on DPS. Or you could learn to play. Any match I see 3 healers on the other side I'm happy as I know if my team is smart its an easy win. Who cares if we do not get as many kills, the easy win is worth it.

Because one of the fundamentals of PVP is to kill or die to other players once the fear of death is removed from the game it ceases to be PVP and becomes nothing more then a dummy parse. You can talk objectives all you want but most people PVP to kill each other.

Edited by MuskyBoy

It wouldn't be a problem if matchmaking functioned. No mmr system in wzs or class filtering whatsoever. Don't expect anything from this game as far as PvP goes, they've been neglecting it since launch. It's too late for any of that

:wea_05::rak_07:

Edited by Broskeet

Why are there SO MANY THREADS about people’s regs experience being ruined bc they can’t dps I don’t understand why we need 10 of these per week:confused::confused::confused:

What on Earth are you talking about?

If you're on a team with no healers and no guard against a team that has both one player isn't going to DPS his or her way through that, no matter how good they are, unless the other team's healers are either noobs or absolutely terrible. Maybe you can pull off a win if their DPS are overall much worse than those on your team but if it is anything close to parity you are guaranteed to lose that match. It doesn't even need to be close to parity. I've won plenty of matches where our DPS were worse than theirs but we had heals, and they didn't, and that was the difference. It's also typically how Reps win against Imps.

You're also making the mistake of assuming that people who want matchmaking only want it because the lack of it causes them to lose matches. The lack of matchmaking works both ways and you end up on the teams with two healers to the enemy's none just as often as the reverse. I find that just as un-fun. I'd much rather have competitive matches and earned wins than matches where my team blows through every Voidstar door to the datacore while they can't get through our first because we had healing and they didn't. That loss was determined before the match even started.

One of my PVP mains is a healer, by the way.

Finally, why do you find a need to defend a lack of matchmaking? Are you a bad that can only win by premading with guard and heals and facing pugs with neither? There is literally no other reason to defend a lack of matchmaking in this game unless you like stacking the deck in your favor before a match even starts. Matchmaking should be a basic feature present in any MMO's PVP "warzones" at launch.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

What on Earth are you talking about?

If you're on a team with no healers and no guard against a team that has both one player isn't going to DPS his or her way through that, no matter how good they are, unless the other team's healers are either noobs or absolutely terrible. Maybe you can pull off a win if their DPS are overall much worse than those on your team but if it is anything close to parity you are guaranteed to lose that match. It doesn't even need to be close to parity. I've won plenty of matches where our DPS were worse than theirs but we had heals, and they didn't, and that was the difference. It's also typically how Reps win against Imps.

You're also making the mistake of assuming that people who want matchmaking only want it because the lack of it causes them to lose matches. The lack of matchmaking works both ways and you end up on the teams with two healers to the enemy's none just as often as the reverse. I find that just as un-fun. I'd much rather have competitive matches and earned wins than matches where my team blows through every Voidstar door to the datacore while they can't get through our first because we had healing and they didn't. That loss was determined before the match even started.

One of my PVP mains is a healer, by the way.

Finally, why do you find a need to defend a lack of matchmaking? Are you a bad that can only win by premading with guard and heals and facing pugs with neither? There is literally no other reason to defend a lack of matchmaking in this game unless you like stacking the deck in your favor before a match even starts. Matchmaking should be a basic feature present in any MMO's PVP "warzones" at launch.

:ph_agree:

:ph_good_post: