A question about Consular Storyline

Acushla

After completing Nar Shadda and shielding Master Duras Fain you get a mission to respond to a distress call. Now here is my question, if Jedi are forbidden by code from romance how is it that Duras Fain has a Daughter

After completing Nar Shadda and shielding Master Duras Fain you get a mission to respond to a distress call. Now here is my question, if Jedi are forbidden by code from romance how is it that Duras Fain has a Daughter

Did you pay any attention to Duros Fain?

Did you get the impression that man did everything by the code?

Did you pay any attention to Duros Fain?

Did you get the impression that man did everything by the code?

oh no question he ignored the code if/when it got in his way, still something fundemental like relationships, having children how in lore terms would he have been allowed to remain a jedi master?

oh no question he ignored the code if/when it got in his way, still something fundemental like relationships, having children how in lore terms would he have been allowed to remain a jedi master?

If this helps: (warning, Spoilers about the Jedi Consular story)

marrying Nadia is not a dark side path, it seems like it's no more than frowned upon. The fear for romantic attachments is still there, and the jedi will apparently stop someone's training over it, but it isn't a big enough deal to throw out a dedicated Master who has proven himself time and time again.

Also consider this

A consular tends to deal more with the force powers rather than lightsaber combat. In doing so they can open themselves up more to dark side powers than a romance/marriage ever could.

In a sense if your partner is rooted in the lightside/good side there is a big strong possiblity that should you start using dark side powers he/she would catch it way before any other person would and be able to help you stop that descent.

And like someone said love/marriage is not forbidden just resticted and you have to be able to prove you can handle the responsibilites and stay on the right path whether you love/marry another jedi, smuggler or trooper.

If you can prove you are responsbile for that then no they will most of the time figure that is not a big deal. Your past actions and behavior has a lot to do with how they will react to it.

In this time period it happens, look at Bastilla and Revan and even Satela has a child from a relationship.

Edited by casi

In this time,Jedi could marry,but could only see each other on Tython and their children would be raised by the order,as if they were taken there.

Are you sure? Because I think Orgus Din told my JK that "This is why Jedi aren't allowed to marry" when

the Twi'lek matriach died

Are you sure? Because I think Orgus Din told my JK that "This is why Jedi aren't allowed to marry" when

the Twi'lek matriach died

I read a dev`s post on it and it said that.

Edited by XjediXrf

You might as well ask how Grand Master Satele was able to have a son and still be allowed to be Grand Master. Neither her, nor Fain, can have continuous contact with their kids which is...rather sad actually.

In this time,Jedi could marry,but could only see each other on Tython and their children would be raised by the order,as if they were taken there.

this is interesting... i haven't read anything about this before.

jedi are just people who can ise the force, the code is just a set of rles and wether or not they follow the code is up to them

always been a Lore gap IMO within the whole world of SW.

Obviously the force can be prominent in most people of most races regardless of ancestry....but with so many Force users in the galaxy its crazy to NOT think that the most prominent method is genetics.

seems to me there there would be considerably less Jedi if the main method of creating them was not passing Force affinity down to offspring

Keeping in mind this is spolierish...

The impression I got was that when they were on Malachor IV (or was it III?) and were overcome by the darkside that he and Youn actually got it on. It's concieveable that the daughter is from that encounter.

Keeping in mind this is spolierish...

The impression I got was that when they were on Malachor IV (or was it III?) and were overcome by the darkside that he and Youn actually got it on. It's concieveable that the daughter is from that encounter.

This was my impression as well.....also lol at the word choice here.

The problem with the good guys is you can always redeem yourself. If you follow the stories, I would be surprised if a single member of the Jedi order wasn't a homicidal madman at some point. Big deal. You fall to the dark side, get redeemed, and all is forgiven.

You can fall to the dark side, almost eliminate the Jedi order and start a cival war, get defeated, lose your memories, have your memories return, turn a jedi master to the dark side with your ***** (and later marry her) and all you have to do is blow up a star station and you BOTH get to come back as full masters.

It's a pretty goofy system, but hey, it's pretend.

Edited by lexiekaboom

You might as well ask how Grand Master Satele was able to have a son and still be allowed to be Grand Master. Neither her, nor Fain, can have continuous contact with their kids which is...rather sad actually.

And Satele is the daughter of a Jedi as well.

this is interesting... i haven't read anything about this before.

jedi are just people who can ise the force, the code is just a set of rles and wether or not they follow the code is up to them

It is also brought up in a conversation with Kira,which inevitably ends in one of those *fade to black* scenes,if you play your cards right.:D

I am under impression that this whole "Jedi are forbidden to love" is more of a "don't ask don't tell" thing. Everyone is probably doing it but no one talks about it.

Besides, it is not really enforceable. I mean, what what are they going to do if they find out? Kick you out of the order? They might as well give you a recommendation letter to Korriban academy if they do that.

Also I don't feel like having this conversation about birds and bees :) so let's just say that not all kids are a result of serious romantic relationship.

I am under impression that this whole "Jedi are forbidden to love" is more of a "don't ask don't tell" thing. Everyone is probably doing it but no one talks about it.

Besides, it is not really enforceable. I mean, what what are they going to do if they find out? Kick you out of the order? They might as well give you a recommendation letter to Korriban academy if they do that.

Also I don't feel like having this conversation about birds and bees :) so let's just say that not all kids are a result of serious romantic relationship.

Well then there's the slightly silly/horrifying, they may be forbidden from love, but not forbidden from having intercourse.

I can see it now, 'Congratulations Master Skippy for gaining a seat on the Jedi council. Since you have show such wisdom and restraint your first task will be to mate with these females to perpetuate the order.'

Edited by arestesian

There are several examples in the EU of children being born to members of the Jedi Order (examples such as the son of Satele Shan are mentioned here and many more are known to Google). These children were either given up for adoption or raised by the Order.

in this time as smeone pointed out jedi could marry and have kids, tho could only see each other on tython and kids would be raised by the order away from the parents.

also remember that it wasnt until much later harsher rules came into affect. but also how could satile shan be decent of bastila if jedi couldnt marry/romance.

for me tho its a tad ironic that jedi saying has fear leads to the dark side and yet EVERY jedi fears love