Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is The RXP Rate Story Player Friendly?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Is The RXP Rate Story Player Friendly?

Noerra
10.04.2019 , 02:49 PM | #21
For me same than for people above. If i cannot play solo i won't be playing at all. If RXP is only way solo players can gear up, it better be viable on it or i am out for good. Will be curious to see how far money will last when us "mostly soloing" players are gone.

lord-angelus
10.04.2019 , 04:11 PM | #22
How are you not able to play solo? You don't need to BiS to play solo (which you already getting by the way, playing solo), heroics and planetary quest is a joke, leave the game and come back later 2 hours you still will be alive. Companions are that good, mobs are that bad.

How are you gonna using your set bonuses now on a solo play ? You jump you attack once, that's it, it's dead.

And you will get BiS gear for doing that, it's just harder content will reward more which it should. I mean what are you asking here? Heroics dropping BiS?

Damask_Rose
10.04.2019 , 04:13 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
Yeah, because the forums were full of Solo Players saying how great KotFE/ET content was, right?
Nah, it's because 1 full raid, 1 raid boss, 10 uprisings, 3 flashpoints & 20 world bosses don't count as the 5.0 cycle having group content, so solo players must take a firm back seat because 4 years ago in 4.0 group players were neglected and no amount of group content will ever make that right. Oh and let's not forget GC gave dirty solo playing scum a chance get BiS gear! Clearly solo players will need to run around in rags for a few years to make up for that horror! 🤨

Dweessies
10.04.2019 , 04:42 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by OdinJediCovenant View Post
Im happy if they disincentivitise solo play, this is an MMO, you solo players got 2 full expansions of solo stuff, Its the MMO portions chance now and thus the gearing system should reward those who play group content more than those who play solo.
Maybe they should change their slogan to GROUPING NOW MANDATORY, or something else a bit more accurate, lest they drive even more paying customers away. The game really can't afford to bleed many more people.
Hoban 'Wash' Washburn: This landing is gonna get pretty interesting.
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: Define "interesting".
Hoban 'Wash' Washburn: [deadpan] Oh God, oh God, we're all going to die?

Nuffmeister
10.04.2019 , 07:19 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
Nah, it's because 1 full raid, 1 raid boss, 10 uprisings, 3 flashpoints & 20 world bosses don't count as the 5.0 cycle having group content, so solo players must take a firm back seat because 4 years ago in 4.0 group players were neglected and no amount of group content will ever make that right. Oh and let's not forget GC gave dirty solo playing scum a chance get BiS gear! Clearly solo players will need to run around in rags for a few years to make up for that horror! 🤨
Pretty much this.

This forum has a large percentage of group players that use the term "solo" like some people pronounce the word "negro".

I like doing master story chapter mode, so I need good gear to do it, the best if preferable. So there you go, as a solo player I need BiS gear.

Solo players need a reason to repeat content the same as group players do. Yeah yeah, raiders raid for the challenge, with friends, the rush blah blah blah, but we all know it's for the shinies. Everybody needs a carrot at the end of the stick or they will just not bother.

I don't think group players ever have to worry about being without content ever again with the current management.

lord-angelus
10.05.2019 , 02:27 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Nuffmeister View Post
Pretty much this.

This forum has a large percentage of group players that use the term "solo" like some people pronounce the word "negro".

I like doing master story chapter mode, so I need good gear to do it, the best if preferable. So there you go, as a solo player I need BiS gear.

Solo players need a reason to repeat content the same as group players do. Yeah yeah, raiders raid for the challenge, with friends, the rush blah blah blah, but we all know it's for the shinies. Everybody needs a carrot at the end of the stick or they will just not bother.

I don't think group players ever have to worry about being without content ever again with the current management.
And what is the problem? You get BiS by doing mm chapters? You clearly don't except it will be dropping the same gear rewards with izax or dxun right?

Seriously what is the problem? You play any content you want, you will get gear. You do conquest you get a gear, pvp gear, mm chapters gear. It's just hardest content will reward the players more, which of course it should! Come on

Mubrak
10.05.2019 , 02:57 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by lord-angelus View Post
How are you not able to play solo? You don't need to BiS to play solo (which you already getting by the way, playing solo), heroics and planetary quest is a joke, leave the game and come back later 2 hours you still will be alive. Companions are that good, mobs are that bad.
Well, for some of us solo play means soloing stuff (with a companion) for which others need a group. Our tanky dps try to beat enrage timers that are balanced for groups. So yes, we need the gear for our play style.

I'm fine as long as PVP is a path to gear that helps us meet the (admittetly low) expectations BW has for group players. I'm not opposed to group PVE, I just prefer doing it at my pace. When I feel like it, I list on GF and I will play along with the team, but I also won't blindly follow purple-shield-guy in content I can do alone.

As for those looking for greener pastures: ESO has a lot to offer for solo players.
6.0: Do not add that gaudy flashing icon above every vendor's head without an option to turn it off.
Let us sort our companion list and hide or kick out the unwanted ones!

http://www.swtor.com/r/rszTdG

Noerra
10.05.2019 , 03:25 AM | #28
Seriously what is the problem? You play any content you want, you will get gear.
Question here was if the speed of acquiring the gear is too slow. If RXP crates come too slow for story players, there is no carrot on the stick and it doesn't feel rewarding.

Lscarlet
10.05.2019 , 05:21 AM | #29
I'm sub since 2012 with no interrupts. I have been paying subscription even not playing for a long time... years. A clear statement: I DON'T like grouping. Just a matter of personal preference while gaming cause of knowing perfectly human psicology. If I'm being diminished in any form, being not considered or being discriminated in any form, the subscription will be cancelled instantly. This is NOT an opinion, this will be a fact. Even loving Star Wars universe I will not support any entertainment making differences and/or discrimination between different styles of play: solo or group.

ZeroTypeR
10.05.2019 , 10:23 AM | #30
And what is the problem? You get BiS by doing mm chapters? You clearly don't except it will be dropping the same gear rewards with izax or dxun right?

Seriously what is the problem? You play any content you want, you will get gear. You do conquest you get a gear, pvp gear, mm chapters gear. It's just hardest content will reward the players more, which of course it should! Come on
The CXP rates were, by no means, friendly towards Story players and is soon to be a very distant memory. This topic tho, questions the upcoming Renown and whether the story players would get fair rates or be ignored again.