Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please download and play on PTS - 3.5 weeks until 6.0 drops and we need more people

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Please download and play on PTS - 3.5 weeks until 6.0 drops and we need more people

TrixxieTriss
09.29.2019 , 01:52 PM | #11
Getting on the PTS and testing has actually been quite fun.

1. You don’t have to worry about credits, so it doesn’t matter if you make a mistake or want to test stuff because they are basically unlimited (shame the game isn’t like that lol)

2. You can deconstruct stims till your hearts content to get enough tech frags to gear up fully. Sure it will take 3-4 hours to do it because Bioware still have the stupid 3000 legacy limit on tech frags.

3. You can spend your time testing or looking things over. If anything, it might give you an incite and. Ahead start on how it will all work in live. Which may stop you from making some stupid and probably costly mistakes.

4. Playing around with the different set bonuses and tacticals is interesting, especially trying to work out how they fit into your rotation to get the most out of them.

I would recommend everyone jump on and have a play around. Even if you don’t plan on posting feed back on the pts forum, it will let you see what’s happening and you won’t have to rely on third hand info or people trolling the forums with misinformation.

TrixxieTriss
09.29.2019 , 01:54 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterRummy View Post
Our concerns are already denied. Eric has already stated that everything is set for production, and that the numbers we see in PTS is not the same as it will be in prod, so we just now wait and see what the new numbers will be on Oct 22nd
Please point us to where he said that. Or better yet, post the link / quote.

Sir-steve
09.29.2019 , 02:53 PM | #13
I've played it.
I don't like it.
It isn't fun.
More data isn't going to help.

They've invested what, 6 months of dev time into this with 3.5 weeks to go? It won't be changed.

Right now the product team discussions are probably along the lines of "people just fear change, this will be awesome, just wait and they'll see we were right".
6.0. Hammer time.
My friends....we have fought monsters together and we have won. On my own, I fear I may not do as well.

DarkTergon
09.29.2019 , 03:17 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Sir-steve View Post
Right now the product team discussions are probably along the lines of "people just fear change, this will be awesome, just wait and they'll see we were right".
"I laugh because it's funny....I cry because it's true....."
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

Pirana
09.29.2019 , 03:46 PM | #15
I've played it.
I don't like it.
It isn't fun.

They've invested what, 6 months of dev time into this with 3.5 weeks to go? It won't be changed.

Sad but true.

I downloaded it a few weeks back and played it for a couple of days. The feedback on the PTS forums is pretty much spot on, no point in me piling on with what's already been mentioned. They'll make some tweaks here and there after launch, but I highly doubt much will change before then, other than lessening the RNG and crafting costs a bit.

Unless they revamp the RNG vendor, I won't play much after launch. I don't waste time to go to the store and spend currency to buy ingredients for spaghetti only to wind up with ramen, I certainly won't do it here. Here's hoping some changes occur.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

DreadtechSavant
09.29.2019 , 04:35 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
There are many items that you bring up that have been directed towards BW since PTS started, but have not been addressed or changed or acknowledged. This of course, is taking into account that they HAVE acknowledged many things and made tweaks in other areas. A huge part of effective feedback ks knowing which topics to go after based on the trends of the past actions - as in, if they havent addressed something to this point, they likely wont unless they specifically ask for feedback about it. Feedback is only as good as its priority. If you spend 100% of your time arguing for a feature they have determined has 0% chance of changing, then you have effectively wasted your time giving useless feedback. RNG may continue to need tweaking, but people continuing to call for its removal (in 1 aspect or all aspects) is wasted breath.

I agree with you. More on PTS can be both good or bad. If going on PTS because you have an axe to grind is not helpful at all.
On the other hand if going on PTS giving a balanced review both positive and negative I am all for. More players on PTS that can do that can only benefit all of us.

Hawkebatt
09.29.2019 , 07:47 PM | #17
I've played it.
I don't like it.
It isn't fun.

The blind leading the blind would be the only ones to like how it is now. More data can help if there were more people to test even if they are only running HS or going into KP. I see maybe thirty people doing various things on imp side and nearly no one on pub side unless they are all from the same guild. More testers are needed.

THE community coordinators need to be on the PTS to learn what they will be promoting. I know one is sitting back with a handful of salt.

This expansion has so much changing in it that it will no longer be the same game. People are not afraid of change they are afraid of too much change that never needed to be fixed in the first place.
Crafting did not need to be changed.

Gearing did, but not the way it is going to be. RNG everything is not the answer. Tech fragments are not the answer.
A good system would be to add everything we had before to the game and then find out what everyone wants and I would guarantee that most would go for the direct purchase. No fuss all win.

What this gearing system lacks completely in quality it thinks it can make up for in quantity. My fear it is will be lacking in quantity as well.
Emotion, yet Peace. Ignorance, yet Knowledge. Passion, yet Serenity.

Chaos, Yet Harmony. Death, yet the Force. Contemplation, yet Duty.

Exly
09.30.2019 , 07:04 AM | #18
I've played it.
I don't like it.
It isn't fun.

I agree. It's too late for them to put in the changes that we want and have been asking for. They will launch with their "RNG is exciting" based system, and will only make changes later on if enough people call it quits and stop subscribing to the game.

Master_Morak
09.30.2019 , 07:39 AM | #19
I've played it.
I don't like it.
It isn't fun.

- The gearing system is worse. Random over random with hundreds of meaningless sets, no one need such asystem
- locking gear again behind OP bosses is a stupid decission
- conquest with 50.000 Points for the personal goal, is a stupid idea and will kill many conquest guilds.
- crafting not worth to speak, broken und without fun

But did they respond to the Feedback, no. As it was the last years, they think they are the best and release the greatest bu….it and wonder after this that their subscriptions drop.

So there is no need to waste time on PTS.
Möge die Macht mit Euch sein

ShieldProtection
09.30.2019 , 08:04 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Master_Morak View Post
- The gearing system is worse. Random over random with hundreds of meaningless sets, no one need such asystem
- locking gear again behind OP bosses is a stupid decission
- conquest with 50.000 Points for the personal goal, is a stupid idea and will kill many conquest guilds.
- crafting not worth to speak, broken und without fun

But did they respond to the Feedback, no. As it was the last years, they think they are the best and release the greatest bu….it and wonder after this that their subscriptions drop.

So there is no need to waste time on PTS.
Yes I'm sure mayans theory is true and world is going to end tomorrow. Thanks to you I'm downloading PTS, thanks for making me download the pts.
I make long posts on SWTOR forums, read it or not, thank you anyway