Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lags in Warzone (when people start to fight)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Lags in Warzone (when people start to fight)

alexalexjos
03.23.2017 , 01:46 PM | #1
Hi, so i have lags in Warzone when people start to fight, when the match begin i have 60 fps then when i see people fighting with abilities and all, my fps are dropping to 25-30 and my spec are FX-9590, Gtx 970, 12 GB Ram but i can run WoW, Final fantasy reborn, Guild wars 2 etc.. without any problems, my fps drop happen only in Warzone on Swtor so is there any fix to get better fps or something or can someone say if Bioware will optimize their engine for Warzones? i usualy run on Ultra on swtor for Operations, Uprising and other stuff but for Warzones i tried to put Graphic to Medium and is still the same problem, only fps drop when people are fighting, Is there a fix or something?. Thanks in advance for the help.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/Ksg4Lq

alexalexjos
03.23.2017 , 05:16 PM | #2
could someone tell me if there a fix or not please
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/Ksg4Lq

KumbayaGOD
03.23.2017 , 09:43 PM | #3
there is such " fix" on lag, for me it happen yesterday night when i was playing from APAC , have lag spike and finally i was stop playing due lag is not fun in pvp
and then this morning back to normal

so it kinda happen from time time but no immediate fix whatsoever usually it back to normal after awhile
http://www.swtor.com/r/vczzh2 click here for referal code you you get: FREE TRANSFER , FREE STUFFS, FREE 7 DAYS SUBSCRIPTION, FREE UNLOCK AND MORE

americanaussie
03.23.2017 , 11:28 PM | #4
I play from APAC and haven't noticed it overly much. Although I play PvP on low graphic setting because too many aoes does not make my laptop a happy camper and I get lag.
Want some cool freebies and 7 days sub - just click here

OwenBrooks
03.24.2017 , 12:20 AM | #5
apart from ensuring your windows power option is set to high performance, have you tried playing in fullscreen (window) mode as opposed to fullscreen

also set pre-rendered frames to 1 in the Nvidia control panel for swtor.exe profile

most people complaining about low fps are actually complaining about stutter they think is related to the lower fps.

JediQuaker
03.24.2017 , 08:20 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by alexalexjos View Post
my spec are FX-9590, .
SWTOR is very CPU intensive and you simply need a better CPU. Unfortunately, the 9590 is about the best of the FX line and there's no "drop in" way to make it better.

Your best option would be to upgrade to an Intel Kabylake i5, such as the i5-7500, 7600, or 7600K - or - if you want to stick with AMD, then get one of the newer Ryzen R5 processors. (The Ryzen is slightly slower than the i5, but much, much better than the old FX).

Unfortunately, in either case you'll need a new CPU, motherboard and DDR4 RAM.

P.S. Personally, I'd go with Ryzen.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

alexalexjos
03.24.2017 , 02:50 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
SWTOR is very CPU intensive and you simply need a better CPU. Unfortunately, the 9590 is about the best of the FX line and there's no "drop in" way to make it better.

Your best option would be to upgrade to an Intel Kabylake i5, such as the i5-7500, 7600, or 7600K - or - if you want to stick with AMD, then get one of the newer Ryzen R5 processors. (The Ryzen is slightly slower than the i5, but much, much better than the old FX).

Unfortunately, in either case you'll need a new CPU, motherboard and DDR4 RAM.

P.S. Personally, I'd go with Ryzen.
Yes i understand but im able to play game like this on pvp,WoW ,Final fantasy reborn,Guild wars 2,Eso and alot of new game without any lag, i wont buy a new cpu for only Swtor Warzones that a real joke, i know im not the only one who lag in warzone, i see alot of people with I5,I7 on twitch that lag in warzone, is their engine make warzone lagging, my question was just if there a way to get like 10 more fps so i can get 35-40 fps on intense fight when people fights.

americanaussie
03.24.2017 , 04:28 PM | #8
I just experienced this with the whole team last night. PvP was laggy as we're other things. The other team experienced it too
Want some cool freebies and 7 days sub - just click here

Rakaman
10.04.2019 , 04:35 PM | #9
Thread bit old but problem still fresh for many players. I could type lots of pages what I tried to resolve lags during warzones but short version is unistalling SWTOR from SSD and installing on HDD helped to get rid of lags in my case. Well there is still lag related to ping and server lag but around 70% of my lag is gone. But beware, game is installing around 2 hours because server gives throttle and it is downloading in wave speed between 0 Mb/s to around 50 Mb/s.

MK-ULTRA
10.05.2019 , 01:06 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Rakaman View Post
Thread bit old but problem still fresh for many players. I could type lots of pages what I tried to resolve lags during warzones but short version is unistalling SWTOR from SSD and installing on HDD helped to get rid of lags in my case. Well there is still lag related to ping and server lag but around 70% of my lag is gone. But beware, game is installing around 2 hours because server gives throttle and it is downloading in wave speed between 0 Mb/s to around 50 Mb/s.
The ssd was probably bottlenecking your cpu. Anyways have you tested all resolutions and graphics settings? Do shift+ctrl+F to pull up fps counter. Change settings to see if it goes up. aliasing, shadows, grass distance etc etc should all be on low. Definitely check the resolution, lower from 1080 to 720 for huge performance increase.

FYI this lag or whatever effects everyone because this engine is just old and janky. I roll a solid 120fps but in combat or heavy pop parts of the fleet it can drop to under 60.
You spelled tyranny wrong.