Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lags in Warzone (when people start to fight)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Lags in Warzone (when people start to fight)

JediQuaker
10.05.2019 , 01:54 PM | #11
I assume by "lag" in this case, you are talking about FPS (frames per second). There is also, more correctly, lag caused by a high "ping" to the server.
But neither type of lag is affected by whether the game is installed on an SSD or an HDD. The storage method only affects level load times. In SWTOR your FPS is mostly set by the CPU although the GPU can affect it if the graphics are turned way up.

You didn't give many details, but I suspect that going from an SSD to an HDD involved installing it on a new computer. I suspect that the new computer simply had a better CPU.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

XxHazenxX
10.06.2019 , 01:15 AM | #12
PvP specifically has always been a train wreck in terms of performance in this game since the very beginning regardless of having a high-end systems or not. Unfortunately, it's a byproduct of a horribly Frankensteined game engine along with having no 64-bit support.
SWG-Flurry
<DFR> Big-N-Buff | Burn'ing Chaos | Big-N-Tough <DFR>
July 10, 2004 - December 15, 2011

Nevaeh-Heaven
10.06.2019 , 10:44 AM | #13
Don't do WZ's anymore but lag is getting more frequent on some planets so not just in WZ's. Take Dantoonie, really bad there for me during pirate incursion but fine any other time. Ossuss depends on how many on instance but the world bosses well no longer do them because of lag. Yet oddly the starter worlds which in general have a much higher population seem fine for lag. However do keep getting invisible enemies while there. Reading this post is worrying but reassuring in an odd way. On one side not just me which probably means it not my connation or P.C. On the other side means it going to continue in game for at least the foreseeable future.

SaerethDL
10.06.2019 , 03:18 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by MK-ULTRA View Post
The ssd was probably bottlenecking your cpu. Anyways have you tested all resolutions and graphics settings? Do shift+ctrl+F to pull up fps counter. Change settings to see if it goes up. aliasing, shadows, grass distance etc etc should all be on low. Definitely check the resolution, lower from 1080 to 720 for huge performance increase.

FYI this lag or whatever effects everyone because this engine is just old and janky. I roll a solid 120fps but in combat or heavy pop parts of the fleet it can drop to under 60.
why would an SSD bottleneck his cpu? the HDD is much slower than any SSD.
Get a FREE server transfer, FREE 7 days subscription, FREE inventory slot upgrade and other FREE goodies! CLICK HERE update* if you use my referral link (as a returning subscriber) or decide to subscribe and are on Satele Shan send me a PM with the referral name you used and I will give you 5+ Million Credits or more to get you started!