Linked accounts on Steam is getting really old really fast

xordevoreaux

Regardless which Steam account I'm logged into, I should be able to drop and relaunch the SWTOR launcher as many times as I want and log into whatever SWTOR account I want.

I've only linked my sub account to steam, the others I'm leaving as is. But I kept both versions on my laptop, so I could switch when needed without any steam hassle. At the moment I don't see any reason to be on steam, maybe if they start doing special promotions, etc I might change that.

Is there any reason to switch over steam or just keep running the way I'm running. I think I have a steam account from ages ago but I haven't touched it in a long time.

Pros - no bitraider and downloading from Steam is generally very fast. Visibility for Steam friends - I've already had a couple approach me about the game due to steam telling them I was in it. Purchases (cartel coins, etc) through Steam payments (including Steam balance and credits), not directly to EA. Cheevos and Steam Overlay support coming soon, other promised integrations

Cons - none really for the vast majority of people. Some edge cases as mentioned in this and Trixxie's thread.

Edited by stoopicus

Think I'll just hold out for a little longer til the dust settles and then try it. If they give actual stuff for switching I would switch right now. Since I never really used stream I don't have many friends on it the ones I do are probably deep in the games they're already playing. But if the OP is having problems with it now I think waiting is good to see what happens.

Think I'll just hold out for a little longer til the dust settles and then try it. If they give actual stuff for switching I would switch right now. Since I never really used stream I don't have many friends on it the ones I do are probably deep in the games they're already playing. But if the OP is having problems with it now I think waiting is good to see what happens.

Sounds like a good plan. If you're not already a heavy Steam user then there is little point becoming one for this (except for better/faster downloads).

I did it because I thought the movement to Steam was going to be the way of the future. I can easily see how, at some point, Steam becomes the only way to download the game, so I decided that I might as well hop into the latest configuration rather get stuck between download platforms later.

I did it because I thought the movement to Steam was going to be the way of the future. I can easily see how, at some point, Steam becomes the only way to download the game, so I decided that I might as well hop into the latest configuration rather get stuck between download platforms later.

I doubt that very much. Steam takes a cut from all the earnings via Steam so it would be very uncharacteristic for EA to give it all to Steam.

It just makes sense because there are a lot of people on Steam so it's a broader audience. But it's more reasonable to expect EA to maintain their own platform where they can keep all of the money.

I kept both options, put my sub acc on steam, hoping that in the future, there'll be discounts, etc. Also wanted it on steam incase any steam only itmes pop up in the future. Don't really care about steam achievments, as this is the only game I have on steam....lol.