Talos Drellik as a romance option: would you romance him?

iscam

If Talos was a romance option for SI (either sex with the coming of SGR), would you romance him? Do you want him to be a romance option? If yes, why, and if no, why?

I want him to be a romance option because he's the only companion I really like, Khem Val complaining about how Tulak Hord was the best sith ever, Andronikos refusing to call me anything other than "Sith" (seriously, a "my lord" once in a while wouldn't kill him), Ashara not really having any closure for her romance (still attached to her Jedi Code), and Xalek... well, being Xalek.

What do you think?

Yes. He's nerdy and I like a nerdy guy. I was a little disappoint he wasn't an option (you can flirt but other than that nada) I mean, I like Revel too and probably would have stuck with him in the long run, but nothing is wrong with options!

• 2 weeks later...

Never romance Talos Drellik?! I am shocked! Okay, sure, he's older than your female SI ... but it works for some couples. And how can you deny him with those adorable catch phrases? "Stop, by order of the Imperial Reclamation Service!" always makes me weak in the knees. And if he still remembers some of his combat training, lady Siths, who knows what else he remembers? My SI assassin is a Rattataki spit fire, she's definitely more into that rebellious bad boy of a pirate Andronikos Revel. But I think my sorcerer would love to go artifact hunting with ol' Talos.

I would definitely romance him and I make my plea to Bioware to make it possible in the future. Pretty please?

• 3 years later...

Romance Talos? No, not really. I enjoyed watching the Inquisitrix-Andronikos romance develop, but Talos is, for me,

not just a geeky guy, but an annoying geek who left me to swing while he farted around with a door on Hoth.

So, sorry, no.

As for the Andronikos romance:

It's a meeting of minds of two thoroughly bad people (bad in the sense we mean when we say "a bad man", and not the sense we mean when we say "a bad girl") who come to respect and admire each other's badness.

Well, if you play a DS Inquisitrix like I did, it can come off that way.

I think he is the perfect option for LS finquis. Andronikos is a pirate so that is a bit of a no no if you are pure LS but Talos is cute and small. Also even in my DS inquisitor she found Talos as the one person on the person on the ship that she could talk to about nerdy artifact stuff.

My Inquisitor would totally romance the crap out of Talos. She's insane and evil... but to be honest she (or rather I) was rather quickly bored by Andronikos who seems like a wannabe bad guy next to her. Now, Talos is both sane and seems like a decent chap, so on first glance one would think there wouldn't be much chemistry, but he and my Inquisitor are so dramatically different that I'm sure that there will be sparks happening, and nobody can tell me any different :D Opposites attract and all that. Plus I genuinely find the Imperial Reclamation Service to be interesting, and his enthusiastic geekiness alone would make him fun to be around; besides, he might just be the only companion my SI has actually been nice to - she's zapped Khem Val and Ashara, she totally cuckolded Andronikos on Alderaan, and will probably not be a nice, caring master to Xalek when he finally joins the crew, but with Talos I can listen to him babbling about ancient artefatcs and stuff all day long :D

• 3 weeks later...
In regards to my female SI, i prefer him over the Andronikas. I don't know what it is about that guy, but I honestly can't stand him. However I still don't think I'd romance Talos. Though, on the other hand, watching him try to be flirty, and be all embarrassed and ****, would be a hell of a lot of fun. I wouldn't go out of my way to do that, but I might spare a minute or two on youtube to see his reaction to flirt options.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
is a perfect husband for a clever sith, bounded to the empire.

he's not in a relation with another npc (like gault) so i don't understand why he's not available to a romance...

In a very real sense, he's married to the Empire, and specifically to the Imperial Reclamation Service, to the extent that even though a Pub character can recruit him, if the character supports the Republic, Talos sends you a letter apologising, but refusing to continue working with/for you, and he does, indeed, leave.

I do have an Inquisitor who's stayed single in hopes of getting a little more personal with Talos. She's more of the Knowledge is Power and More Power's More Better type so they'd work out well as a couple of history nerds going off on digs together or honeymooning exploring old Sith ruins.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it should have been an option. It's one of the things that were a missed opportunity and a result of some miscalculated bias when the game was originally made, namely, that there were objectively more male romance options than female (for all classes combined).

The fact that in some classes (leaving out in case that it was still spoilers for someone), male character can romance two people, while the female can still mostly romance only one, could have been exactly counterbalanced by adding Talos.

It's a pity it was downplayed into a "joke" in the story, with no follow-up.

(Not that it was bad the way it turned out, but still, there could have been that option.)