life warden - reduce the cooldown?

fire-breath

Life warden is a very nice tactical but when compared to other tacticals this one seems a bit underwhelming as you can only use it once per 10 minutes. This means you can only use it once per boss fight.

I would suggest reducing the cooldown to about 5 minutes so that it might proc twice during a typical boss fight. If this creates an imbalance with PvP then reduce the amount of healing.

Note sure what you mean but I think you misunderstood me ottffsse.

Its current intention is to only proc once per 10 minutes. Also you can't click off the debuff icon in the tray.

My beef is that a cooldown of 10 minutes means I can only use it once per boss fight.

Other tacticals will either:

- grant me 25% shield/absorb for about 100% uptime

- grant me 20+% DR increase (all types) and a reduced cooldown on oilslick

- apply 50% DR for 6s to my co tank

- << insert juggtank and assassin tacticals>>

Essentially other tacticals are just much better. There is little to no reason to take life warden as is. Not even in PvP I think (10 minutes in PvP is rather long ....... in regs I mean)

• 9 months later...
No one really cares about PVP. Devs have made stupid changes in the past because of pvpers whinging on the forums. However, my biggest gripe is that the tactical doesn't reset after I've raided and it's still active when I log in again 3 hours later.

No one really cares about PVP. Devs have made stupid changes in the past because of pvpers whinging on the forums. However, my biggest gripe is that the tactical doesn't reset after I've raided and it's still active when I log in again 3 hours later.

You should be using one of the many better Tacticals for PvE anyway. Life Warden is meant as a PvP tactical, not for PvE. Check your class guides for far better tacticals for your spec.

If you let us know what spec you are, I'm sure we can tell you the better choices for what you should use for PvE content.

Edited by Toraak

I just returned to the game a week ago, and it was the best I could get when starting out to gear my toons at level 75. Regardless as to that being the case, my point still stands that it is a useless CD, especially when logging out for a few hours.

In regards to classes, I started back in 2012 and have never had a main character since starting, I play every class with the exception of Vanguard tank (formerly my favourite tank class, but believe devs ruined it by changing it's abilities and the animations of those abilities which are now just ****). For the purpose of this particular post however, I was playing a Guardian tank. I've got a guildmate that has already talked to me about best stats etc so thanks for the offer but it's not necessary.

I have a bit of a "stick up my backside" when talking about pvp in this game, as some changes that have been made over the years have come from pvpers whinging, and these changes can sometimes negatively impact pve. If you think I don't know what I'm talking about, I don't care as I just don't have enough energy to argue.

Edited by Fastdoze

I just returned to the game a week ago, and it was the best I could get when starting out to gear my toons at level 75. Regardless as to that being the case, my point still stands that it is a useless CD, especially when logging out for a few hours.

In regards to classes, I started back in 2012 and have never had a main character since starting, I play every class with the exception of Vanguard tank (formerly my favourite tank class, but believe devs ruined it by changing it's abilities and the animations of those abilities which are now just ****). For the purpose of this particular post however, I was playing a Guardian tank. I've got a guildmate that has already talked to me about best stats etc so thanks for the offer but it's not necessary.

I have a bit of a "stick up my backside" when talking about pvp in this game, as some changes that have been made over the years have come from pvpers whinging, and these changes can sometimes negatively impact pve. If you think I don't know what I'm talking about, I don't care as I just don't have enough energy to argue.

You missed my point. The Life Warden tactical is meant for PvP, so if you tell us what class and spec your focusing on we can tell you the tactical you want to pick up from the class vendor that will be far more useful to you as a pure PvE player.