New Locations for the Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Cantina Tour

CourtneyWoods

Hey everyone!

As promised last week, here is an update on the new locations for the Community Cantina Tour this year. You can check out our blog here or just take a look at the list below. :jawa_smile:

•  
  • May 2013 – Dallas, TX

• June 2013 – Los Angeles, CA

• July 2013 – San Diego, CA

• August 2013 – Chicago, IL

• August 2013 – Cologne, Germany

• August 2013 – Seattle, WA

• October 2013 – New York, NY

• November 2013 – Austin, TX

Please keep in mind that these dates and locations are not final and subject to change.

We hope to see you at one of our Cantina Tours!

Notice something? ALL AMERICAN CITIES and one in nowhere's ville Germany!

BioWare was founded in Canada, a chunk of their staff is Canadian, and yet WHY ARE THERE NO CANADIAN CITIES? I mean hell, you got a city in GERMANY there, why not Toronto, hm? Biggest city in the country of Origin and we get the shaft? BAH!

No Northern California love eh?

Well..lets change that..how can we get a San Francisco stop?

They were just in San Francisco March 1st. :p How'd you miss that?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=606283

http://torwars.com/2013/03/02/swtor-community-cantina-san-francisco-food-drinks-and-a-lot-of-laughter/

But yay for LA and San Diego, easy ones for me to make it to.

Edited by chuixupu

While I understand your annoyance, I am glad to see one European location... also, Cologne is not in the middle of nowhere. Germany is too densely populated to really have a middle of nowhere ;)

Layna

Edited by LaynaTan
Bad grammar, countries are denseLY populated ^^

Hey everyone!

As promised last week, here is an update on the new locations for the Community Cantina Tour this year. You can check out our blog here or just take a look at the list below. :jawa_smile:

•  
  • May 2013 – Dallas, TX

• June 2013 – Los Angeles, CA

• July 2013 – San Diego, CA

• August 2013 – Chicago, IL

• August 2013 – Cologne, Germany

• August 2013 – Seattle, WA

• October 2013 – New York, NY

• November 2013 – Austin, TX

Please keep in mind that these dates and locations are not final and subject to change.

We hope to see you at one of our Cantina Tours!

No Denver? Poo. Having it during Denver Comic Con would have been really awesome.

They were just in San Francisco March 1st. :p How'd you miss that?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=606283

http://torwars.com/2013/03/02/swtor-community-cantina-san-francisco-food-drinks-and-a-lot-of-laughter/

But yay for LA and San Diego, easy ones for me to make it to.

March 1?...well I have a pretty decent excuse :-) My son was born that day and my heads been sorta elsewhere :-)

Well bummer, sorry I missed it, and excuse my post :-)

BioWare was founded in Canada, a chunk of their staff is Canadian, and yet WHY ARE THERE NO CANADIAN CITIES? I mean hell, you got a city in GERMANY there, why not Toronto, hm? Biggest city in the country of Origin and we get the shaft? BAH!

Ha Ha Ha! I don't interpret it as a *shaft* but you'd think a company born in Canada would see value in reaching out to fans in the motherland ;). Given the number of Canadians I see online I'd hazard that we have enough players to warrant a nod ;).

As a Torontonian I'd of course like it here... Toronto... 5,583,064 people? ;)

- Arcada

Edited by Nydus

Hey everyone!

After each event, we’ll be publishing a meet & greet summary blog so that those of you that aren’t able to attend will be caught up with any relevant information.

Any chance we'll start seeing these get put up? By memory, none of the events have gotten one.

Thank you for finally coming to Chicago area. I said if you'd make this a destination that I'd come, so now I have to live up to my part of the deal.

May I make a suggestion for Chicago and have it in the west burbs. Near Napperville/Aurora ( yes like Wayne's World). You have over 300k population in that area alone and you won't have to deal with downtown. Food for thought, ill come to any location.

Feel free to come on out to Melbourne Australia any time you want! I'll put you all up in my barn for the night too!

And I'll feed you a lamb roast. Why not come down for PAXAus in July? You can make a holiday of it, and get out of the oppressive Northern heat, and experience a frosty Melbourne winter ...

... hmmmmm.

Perfect lamb roast weather, though.

I went to the Cantina tour in SF. I must say I was sorely disappointed. I didn't hear anything useful in the way of ( The time line for the Hutt Cartel coming out or the Cathar.) The Cathar where supposed to come out last year. Yet here we are still waiting for them.

They only wanted questions about why they did things this way. Or why they decided to put this in the story line. The place it was held was, not really a place I would expect a Star Wars The Old Republic to be at. Yes it is the Cantina Tour. Yet holding a get together at a sports bar isn't the best place to hold it. You have to be 21 to even enter the building. Which makes it hard for a lot of players under the age of 21 to have their voices heard.

The only saving grace of the who get together was the guy from Lucas Arts. Props to him. He listened and talked with me and a few friends.

As a gamer and a loyal Star Wars fan. I think we deserve more than what we are getting.

Notice something? ALL AMERICAN CITIES and one in nowhere's ville Germany!

Ha Ha Ha! I don't interpret it as a *shaft* but you'd think a company born in Canada would see value in reaching out to fans in the motherland ;). Given the number of Canadians I see online I'd hazard that we have enough players to warrant a nod ;).

As a Torontonian I'd of course like it here... Toronto... 5,583,064 people? ;)

- Arcada

Why you never come to Canada?

I too must express my disappointment in the exclusion of Canada, specifically Toronto. At the same time, I can't say I'm surprised by this.

Edited by Tordos