There is something wrong with...

Alpine

...me. I like this game. It's provided me with nearly a years worth of fun. Is it imperfect? Yes! So is every other game I've ever played. Is it getting better? Yes!

If you aren't happy with SWTOR or angry why not go play another game? Nothings stopping you! :cool:

...me. I like this game. It's provided me with nearly a years worth of fun. Is it imperfect? Yes! So is every other game I've ever played. Is it getting better? Yes!

If you aren't happy with SWTOR or angry why not go play another game? Nothings stopping you! :cool:

Id actually like to know what other game these ragequitters are going to. WoW? lol, maybe now its "omg GW2" but before I mean.

Wonder what itll be in 3 months.

There's a lot of positives in this game. The first time levelling to endgame experience is the best in the MMO market right now (in my opinion) even if it is all incredibly linear. And they have made efforts to attempt to make the endgame more accessible through the addition of the group finder. But even with the amount of positives, there are just too many negatives which could be easily solved if they hadn't already made the mistakes they did at launch.

I don't want to see the game die. I want it to be super successful and I do still enjoy it to some extent casually pvping at level 50 and levelling my alts up, but I will be dropping it if it isn't improved before one of the major contenders are released in the next few months.

I'm also wondering what everyone is going to when they quit this game? It seems to be GW2 now, but they said the same about Tera and Diablo 3

My dibs are on planetside 2 (for being within the sci-fi genre) and archeage for its sandbox features. Of course we'll see both games have little impact on SWTOR in the end.

Just like TERA, we'll probably also see C9, Blade & Soul and ein epicous incognitos for their actiony combat getting quite some attention. Just alike, they'll probably attract a different crowd.

My dibs are on planetside 2 (for being within the sci-fi genre) and archeage for its sandbox features. Of course we'll see both games have little impact on SWTOR in the end.

Just like TERA, we'll probably also see C9, Blade & Soul and ein epicous incognitos for their actiony combat getting quite some attention. Just alike, they'll probably attract a different crowd.

I'm also going to try Planetside 2, but I figured since it's F2P I could play that whenever I didn't feel like playing Old Republic, hell, right now I'm changing between playing SWTOR, Civ 5: Gods & Kings, Diablo 3 and Battlefield 3 depending on what I'm in the mood for playing, who needs to be a one game guy?

Yep the release of other games has little impact on SWTOR....

SWTOR goes from 2.4 million subscribers to under 1 million on its own.

Yep the release of other games has little impact on SWTOR....

SWTOR goes from 2.4 million subscribers to under 1 million on its own.

Hyperbole boy, the highest amount of subscribers reported was 1.7 million, and the last reported number is 1.3, anything else is speculation, I believe it probably might be below the million range now, but you're exaggerating for effect

Edited by SNCommand

i love this game. some people claim this game is going to die. it won't. the core community will keep playing, just like every other MMO's core communities have kept playing those games.

The silent majority is a good way to refer to us.

i love this game. some people claim this game is going to die. it won't. the core community will keep playing, just like every other MMO's core communities have kept playing those games.

The core community are the ones saying it's going to die and are the ones 'ragequitting'.

The core community are the ones saying it's going to die and are the ones 'ragequitting'.

Not really core when they "ragequit" are they? The core community will always be for example those thousands of people that kept playing SWG until the servers were taken down and who's now creating it from scratch so they can keep playing.

I think the game is fun as hell. I had the coolest huttball match ever last night ( scored 5 of the 6 goals ) with my jugg and I'm really digging my trooper's story line. There's also been some really good world pvp on Tatooine lately so I got my jedi shadow stationed there for just the occasion.

But it's not WoW! Boohoo!

But it's not SWG! Whimper!

There's a reason for it. All the QQ babies need to just relax and enjoy the game the way it's designed to be played.

• 5 years later...
My game won't load it says something has happened to this application.

ROFL you necroed a 7 year old thread that doesn't relate to your question, and whatever happened to the OP alpine? lmao no where to be seen now. His last post was 5 years ago. :D

Edited by SaerethDL

You really should be more careful with your advice. What YOU suggest is BAD for the game.

While this is an utterly and completely shameless necro, the above is a prescient gem from 2012. Pretty much exactly what TUXs warned people about who take the position that if you don't like the game you should just leave. Welp, looks like OP has been long gone and many others too -- TUXs is still here. Let's see, who had the better approach for the game? Silencing criticism is always the wrong way to go...