Spying for the republic or vice versa

Iceslasher

Ok ..so there is this..All of my toons are lightside and most of them are imp ( sorry the stories are better). Problem is when Iokath popped ..it just seemed right to help the republic..Sorc..well she was enslaved ( not her choice to be sith) Imperial Agent ( the empire brainwashed her) ok yes..the pubs used it ..but srsly if it wasn't there to use..they wouldn't have been able to actually use it. Bh's are following Mandalore ( Avenger in lore helps the jedi). That just leaves my warrior who is not Darkside but she is loyal to her people. Come Onslaught ( LOVE this expac fyi) But Malgus says he will wipe out the Jedi..my Alliance has Jedi in it ...none of my toons can join the empire..not and protect my people. Even when my Warriors are loyal ( all of them are) . Thus is the conundrum. How can a lightside character join the empire? The republic is willing to take all my people ( i have pub characters) I can see one way through it..With our activities icon at the top of our menu..really all our heroics etc are all old stuff so we could still do those, but anything going forward would mean we were pubs. so as not to make things complicated...:rolleyes: Anyways thoughts? ( I really don't want my characters to be messed over by being spy's we are doing a lot of stuff for the pubs. :(

Hmmm. How can a lightside Char join the empire?

I'll give you 2 examples from my toons:

1. Light side Sith Warrior. A Sith Pureblood. When the Alliance desperately needed help, who gave it? Not the Republic. The Empire was there when he needed it. The Republic more than once attempted genocide of the Sith Purebloods. During the orig. story, pay close attention to what happens in the Raven flashpoint.

He feels he can make a difference, with the Power he has accumulated, to change the Empire from within.

2. Same for my Darth Imperious. Whenever confronted with Jedi, they almost every time out came the lightsaber, there was no benefit of the doubt.

My LS Mandalorian was also a loyalist, but did not officially join. She wants to remain independent, and is every bit a Mandalorian. Let's not forget, Shae Vizla, whom she greatly admires, joined up with Malgus at the very beginning of the story (sacking of Coruscant, in the introductory sequence to the game).

Hmmm. How can a lightside Char join the empire?

I'll give you 2 examples from my toons:

1. Light side Sith Warrior. A Sith Pureblood. When the Alliance desperately needed help, who gave it? Not the Republic. The Empire was there when he needed it. The Republic more than once attempted genocide of the Sith Purebloods. During the orig. story, pay close attention to what happens in the Raven flashpoint.

He feels he can make a difference, with the Power he has accumulated, to change the Empire from within.

2. Same for my Darth Imperious. Whenever confronted with Jedi, they almost every time out came the lightsaber, there was no benefit of the doubt.

My LS Mandalorian was also a loyalist, but did not officially join. She wants to remain independent, and is every bit a Mandalorian. Let's not forget, Shae Vizla, whom she greatly admires, joined up with Malgus at the very beginning of the story (sacking of Coruscant, in the introductory sequence to the game).

I really love the Empire Anti-Hero stories, I mean, its just so interesting! It almost feel like the Force is trying to bring balance through LS empire characters... not sure if it was intended for the writters but these character really make the story interesting...

Basically they are Sith Warrior, Inquisitor Bounty Hunter or Imperial Agent because they are force or born into it... AND omg if you make them Chiss, later when you interact with a representative of the Chiss Ascendancy, you get a few unique dialog that lets open to interpretation all sorts of possibilities for your PC, SPECIALLY if your a Force user... almost implying that you been help/watching you from the shadows from the beginning or how you migh have been given to the Empire because of your "impurity"... GOD I really hope they explore this in the future!

So many layers of complexity for a LS Empire character that its just mind blowing... I don't think it was intended but MAN if it was the writers are geniuses... just a few steps of creating a real movie/series selling saga of these characters in this SWTOR legends universe. :eek:

Opps, sorry my inner nerd got carried away again... :o

Better get all this exes fandom out of me and play with my Sith Inquisitor (Darth Imperious) haha lol

See ya in game! :D

Edited by Zehal

I'd say that a Lightside character can remain loyal to the Empire, but probably not if morals are their highest concern. They'd need to also believe very strongly in loyalty or in the prospect of somehow making the Empire a better place.

Basically, I'd say you don't necessarily have to be a straight up villain if you side with the Empire, and can play various very interesting types of characters, but you can't play as a standard hero.

Edited by OldVengeance