Shipment 1 packs lost forever?

Antissa

I am currently in this mode where I am addicted to get all the cartel packs.

It says in the cartel coins purchase thing that on June 11 shipment 1 packs will be temporarely gone.

What does this mean? Why? How long? Will the packs be gone and I will no longer be able to get those items?

• Dev Post

Shipment 1 will be leaving the Market on June 11 as you indicated. The reason we say temporarily is that they are subject to return in the future. I have no information on how, or when, but you can rest assured that you would likely see some or all of the Shipment 1 packs return to the Market at some point.

However, if you are a lover of packs and the items in Shipment 1... I would get them before they leave the market!

Shipment 1 will be leaving the Market on June 11 as you indicated. The reason we say temporarily is that they are subject to return in the future. I have no information on how, or when, but you can rest assured that you would likely see some or all of the Shipment 1 packs return to the Market at some point.

Here's the big question though. Will they be the EXACT same packs that are available now or will you be adding a few new items to them just to get people to buy more of them?

With the way the new collections window is setup, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the pack items eventually come back and be purchasable individually through the collection window.

With the way the new collections window is setup, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the pack items eventually come back and be purchasable individually through the collection window.

They should be that way anyway. With collections requiring a full set, they really need to give you the option to buy and unlock the whole outfit as long as you have 1 piece.

Here's the big question though. Will they be the EXACT same packs that are available now or will you be adding a few new items to them just to get people to buy more of them?

I would venture to guess that even Eric does not know the answer to your big question. :)

Besides... if he said yes.. exactly the same.. and then you later found they added a gold plated tiddily-wink to the packs... you (or someone on the forum) would do a /virtual_burn_at_the_stake on him... wouldn't you? :D

Edited by Andryah

I love the advice from the team telling us to hurry up and buy buy buy before the deadline. Like every player is made of money and have jobs in real life where they earn millions to be able to fund this habit.

Guess what?

1) I don't have enough real money at my disposal to be able to spend in such a fashion.

2) I don't earn enough in-game credits due to real life and being more casual in my play style.

Due to these two reasons BW is discriminating against people like myself who do want the stuff but are not in a position to be able to acquire everything by the deadline they set.

This only further encourages me to cancel my subscription and quit the game. I am struggling to see reasons to play the game when BW keep taking all the fun and enjoyment out of it again and again and offer little incentive to make me want to keep spending my money.

"We are going to temporarily remove items from the cartel market so that we can re-add them later and act like we are providing something new. As you saw with the huttsbane outfit, we are running out of ideas already."

Will the packs be gone and I will no longer be able to get those items?

If you want the packs, then buy them before June 11th. They'll be back eventually at some point, but the packs and items will continue to be on sale on the GTN so you'll be able to get the packs or the stuff from someone else if you really want them.

oh don't worry. the items in them will ALL be back. Some recolored. other's not.

all sold to you on the CM again and touted typically by BioWare as "new content"

Wow, someone's testy. They've never touted anything on the CM as "content"...lol....it is and has always been cosmetic fluff. I like the fact they release things in multiple colors because sometimes I don't like one color for a speeder for example, but I might like that speeder in a different color. These people who expect BW to come up with 20 completely new, super rare and shiny things in every CM pack need to get over it already.

I doubt they'd make any major changes to the previous packs....possibly a change to the crafting mats received or tweaking the drop rate up or down for some items. Besides, why would they filter new items through old packs when they are going to be releasing new packs anyway.

That's definitely a possibility and also I expect some of those items to appear on the Cartel reputation vendor too.

"We are going to temporarily remove items from the cartel market so that we can re-add them later and act like we are providing something new. As you saw with the huttsbane outfit, we are running out of ideas already."

They announced several months ago that eventually they'd be rotating out shipments of packs as new shipments came in. That has always been the plan.

Guess what?

1) I don't have enough real money at my disposal to be able to spend in such a fashion.

2) I don't earn enough in-game credits due to real life and being more casual in my play style.

Due to these two reasons BW is discriminating against people like myself who do want the stuff but are not in a position to be able to acquire everything by the deadline they set.

Discriminating against you? LOL, get real. Sorry, but your personal finances are not their responsibility and the structure of the game isn't going to revolve around 1 particular player's situation. Guess what, none of us get everything we want in life. The items and packs will be available all over the GTN still and eventually the packs will come back. You'll live. Frankly, if you have that little ability to buy packs or accumulate credits, then you have no realistic hope of making a dent in collecting all of the various items from any particular pack anyway. You'd have to buy a lot of packs or spend a lot of credits on the GTN to do that.

IDue to these two reasons BW is discriminating against people like myself who do want the stuff but are not in a position to be able to acquire everything by the deadline they set.

This only further encourages me to cancel my subscription and quit the game. I am struggling to see reasons to play the game when BW keep taking all the fun and enjoyment out of it again and again and offer little incentive to make me want to keep spending my money.

Discriminating? If you are poor you won't be buying a yacht or a Beemer. Is BMW "discriminating" against you because you can't buy a $120K 750i? If you want "stuff" in this life, you generally have to pay for it, that is, unless you can get the government to give you "free" money the rest of us pay for.

I love the advice from the team telling us to hurry up and buy buy buy before the deadline. Like every player is made of money and have jobs in real life where they earn millions to be able to fund this habit.

Guess what?

I don't get it. How does not getting the cosmetic gear on the cartel market affect your gameplay in any way?

The Huttsbane outfit is something I've been wanting since beta. While there is a similar outfit in game, it's rather hard to find as it's a rare drop (not to mention it's something like level 35) and the colors are not the same, nor are the pants. Actually pretty sure the Huttsbane pants are unique, and if they aren't then at least I've never seen them that I can recall.

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

Guess what?

Guess what?

Bioware is a company that wants to make money.

You don't get everything in life you want either, because most people aren't filthy rich. You gonna unsub to life as well?

Guess what?

Bioware is a company that wants to make money.

You don't get everything in life you want either, because most people aren't filthy rich. You gonna unsub to life as well?

Great point, I can think of a ton of DVDs I want but can't get anymore because they aren't made. Maybe I can get lucky and find them used, but I'm not holding my breath. Should I boycott the entire movie industry now because they quit producing the DVD of a movie I didn't get a chance to buy?

So knowing the Shipment 1 packs are going away I decided to try my hand (and my wallet) on hypercrates. Biggest ripoff ever. I have a ton of companion gifts and even most of the purple weopons from the Blockade Runners pack. Some Cyan crystals also. That was the extent of 4 hypercrates. You would thing out of 96 packs that one would drop Revan's Mask. But no. I get partial sets of Perceptors and Shadow armor. Didn't even get full sets out of all of them. I know the Tythonian lightsaber and Revan's mask are super rare, but really after 96 packs you would think that I would get one of those. Almost 100 packs and not the items I was really hoping for. Especially since Revan's mask is awol on the GTN lately at least on Bergeren Colony. So, I know I could probably sell some of these items for a nice profit but the whole point of blowing my entertainment budget for the month is to try and get what I wanted. Oh well. Live and learn.

So knowing the Shipment 1 packs are going away I decided to try my hand (and my wallet) on hypercrates. Biggest ripoff ever. I have a ton of companion gifts and even most of the purple weopons from the Blockade Runners pack. Some Cyan crystals also. That was the extent of 4 hypercrates. You would thing out of 96 packs that one would drop Revan's Mask. But no. I get partial sets of Perceptors and Shadow armor. Didn't even get full sets out of all of them. I know the Tythonian lightsaber and Revan's mask are super rare, but really after 96 packs you would think that I would get one of those. Almost 100 packs and not the items I was really hoping for. Especially since Revan's mask is awol on the GTN lately at least on Bergeren Colony. So, I know I could probably sell some of these items for a nice profit but the whole point of blowing my entertainment budget for the month is to try and get what I wanted. Oh well. Live and learn.

You probably could sell all that junk for near enough to buy a Revan's mask. It will take time to sell it all, though. The point is everything sells if it's priced low enough, even covert torso energy armor.

I am currently in this mode where I am addicted to get all the cartel packs.

It says in the cartel coins purchase thing that on June 11 shipment 1 packs will be temporarely gone.

What does this mean? Why? How long? Will the packs be gone and I will no longer be able to get those items?

The why is so they can drum up interest in these older items now and boost sales, as they are about to become scarce for players. It will also likely help sales of their newer market releases as there will be less variety for pack buyers. The removal will also likely help their sales when they rerelease these products.

My guess would be 3-6 months, I would specifically guess right around black friday.

It will mean for a time the only way you will be able to buy these items is if people have been holding onto them, but honestly I'd be absolutely shocked if they don't bring these packs back within the next year.

Some items you will be able to get still I think

... you (or someone on the forum) would do a /virtual_burn_at_the_stake on him... wouldn't you? :D

Well yes, but only because Eric is a vampire.

While I don't doubt about the efficiency of the "modus operandi", I don't recall of this as way of killing vampires...

but rather as way to kill witches and heretics during inquisition.

I recall of killing vampires by piercing their heart with a stake, so maybe a little confusion here.

Sorry to ruin the joke.

Though I've never bought a hypercrate, I probably have bought at least one equivalent since the cartel launch, so I kind of know your pain... but that's the pitfalls of a random number generator. :(

While I don't doubt about the efficiency of the "modus operandi", I don't recall of this as way of killing vampires...

but rather as way to kill witches and heretics during inquisition.

I recall of killing vampires by piercing their heart with a stake, so maybe a little confusion here.

Sorry to ruin the joke.

No, the stake just paralyzes them. But fire works great, if you can get them to stand still long enough and not run screaming to the nearest lake. Hence the need for the stake.