Sometimes you just gotta laugh at the GTN

JimG

Or, in this case, specifically at the guy on The Harbinger who keeps repeatedly re-listing his Varactyl at 25 million credits despite the fact that there are constantly 2-3 pages of them on the GTN for 3 to 4 million credits. I have no idea what's going through his head.....nobody's going to buy something that they can get 21-22 million credits cheaper, most people don't have that much sitting around on one character anyway, and there will be at least 3 more types of Varactyls on the way to keep supply fresh, lol. I guess it gives him something to do every 2 days...at least for a few seconds, lol.

Saw someone listing an item for 99,999,999,999 something credits (possibly the highest amount you can list an item for :rolleyes:) and the average price everyone else was listing was like 5k to 10k.... deluded much?:confused:? Edited by OwenP

Saw someone listing an item for 99,999,999,999 something credits (possibly the highest amount you can list an item for :rolleyes:) and the average price everyone else was listing was like 5k to 10k.... deluded much?:confused:?

When I see something like that, I tend to think it's a credit farmer. It's a common practice to transfer credits by putting a cheap item up for a price that nobody would ever buy.

When I see something like that, I tend to think it's a credit farmer. It's a common practice to transfer credits by putting a cheap item up for a price that nobody would ever buy.

This. Crazy priced items usually aren't that crazy.

I once sold a Republic Banner for 300k because I was actually selling a crystal to a F2Per who couldn't mail credits (but we didn't want someone else to buy the crystal because it was a good price for that particular one).

GTN is a good way to transfer credits to get around the F2P restrictions, although some of the examples here would obviously exceed that and are probably credit farmers.

Not sure about that first one though - a varactyl would be a weird item for credit farming because it actually holds value.

Overly high prices can also indicate full storage space. If you got everything filled up with items, probably even with yet-to-unbind items, then one way to store additional items is on the GTN for a price which is so ridiculous that nobody will buy it. And if one does: even better.

But in this case with the guy repeatedly listing for 25M, this sounds more like being stupid. ;)

OTOH: There are plenty of idiots who open hypercrates hoping to get that one special item, and then dump Grade 9 mats on the GTN at base price. (As well as other goodies) The clever people hoover them up, fill their cargo holds, and as supply dips, sell them on at the usual price.

Case in point: Grade 9 mats listed in batches of ten selling at 550 per piece. Usual price is 2-4K each. (On Progenitor) Wait a week or two and profit. -I made many millions during the last Freelancer's bounty pack hype. With the in-game credits, I can....Oh, lets see..... buy a Veracyl mount ...If I actually wanted one!

What was that about fools and money?