Season 5 Update

AlexModny

• Dev Post

Hello PvPers! Season 4 has come to a glorious conclusion and Season 5 is underway! We hope y'all enjoyed the action and are looking forward to a new season to test your mettle. I have a quick note to share with y'all about the Season 5 Reward Teaser.

Unfortunately the teaser for Season 5 will not be posted this week. We strive to have the teaser come out at the start of the season but right now with everything that is going on this Spring we are in a bit of a log jam and unfortunately the teaser blog will be coming out later in May. Featured in the blog is concept art of a reward that we feel is the best we've ever released and a reward that y’all have been suggesting ever since Ranked started. We will keep you in the loop of when to expect it and we hope y’all agree about its awesomeness when it comes out!

We are excited to see all the brutal action in Season 5. Now get in there and go berserk!

Cheers!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's what we've been asking for since season 1 then it'll be looking a little something like this:

1000-1349 - Cross Server

1350 - 1649 - Updated Game Engine, allowing for open world pvp with reward system.

1650+ - PVP Developers Phone number to text or call at any hour.

Thanks Eric! This is what we've been asking for since season 1! You guys are the best <3.

i dont pvp for the rewards anyway so it wont affect my play either way... but please instead of working on the fluff we really desperately need some balance adjustments, 2 full seasons of a 3 class invitation party are unacceptable.

desperately need some balance adjustments, 2 full seasons of a 3 class invitation party are unacceptable.

I do not consider this to be exaggeration. honestly, the only significant difference has been a swap in the ratio of hatred to deception stances.

Edited by foxmob

I would love to see an overhaul of how ranked works. I actually love arenas and would gladly do a ton of ranked, but I haven't done any for the past two seasons because it's just too stressful trying to maintain a good score. Your score being tanked every time you lose a match is way too harsh and has no bearing on someone's skill in PVP. It's pure luck of the draw if you get on a good team or not, and no one player can carry the entire team every match. I wish it was based on individual performance somehow or that losses didn't count so harshly, but I guess that's a pipe dream.

i dont pvp for the rewards anyway so it wont affect my play either way... but please instead of working on the fluff we really desperately need some balance adjustments, 2 full seasons of a 3 class invitation party are unacceptable.

Well put.

Hey Alex would you mind changing the title? it's a bit misleading

I genuinely thought you'd be talking about updates and improvements to Ranked warzones in season 5, but instead you gave us some useless "news" about the rewards which 99% of people can't get because of the joke that is the ranked warzone system.

Cheers.

It is a shame that you still haven't learnt on how to deal with seasons. This blog post should be ready for weeks before the end of the previous season.

I'll be harsh but with the continuous drop in rated PvP participation, the crap PvP balance and overall population drop in PvP servers I wonder how you justify your job's necessity. I'm really sorry to attack you this way, but it gets tiresome to see the same flow of things for 3 years. Your lack of communication is so ridiculous that we got to a point in which THE ONLY THING THAT YOU DO is post about season rewards and not even that you can do timely.

The problem is not that you don't give a crap about PvP (we already know that), it is that you don't even know how to communicate about the game you make.

We gave up asking new features a long time ago (people, PLEASE STOP ASKING ABOUT CROSS SERVER). All we need now is basic stuff to make PvP active. One blog post each 4 months is not a lot of work. Neither should be communicating with the community, supporting streams/tournaments and so on.

But hey, since you obviously won't read this see you in another 4 months for another post like this. Keep up the great job.

Edited by Capote

Too bad only the top 5% of players will get to enjoy any rewards but a title and a poster to put on their wall. what's the minumum rating going to be this time 2400?

It's called ranked for a reason. The everybody wins mentality and giving everyone rewards is for kindergarten kids.

No reason to bother with it if there's no rewards. the gameplay and community in ranked pvp is beyond atrocious.

The rewards are nice, but also part of the problem. People are doing all manner of ludicrous things (win trading, botting, trolling for pay and the like) to earn trinkets they didn't really deserve.

I pvp for the fun of it, something which has also been lacking since i dont roll fotm, but the trinkets are not anywhere near the reason i do the things i do in game.

Hello PvPers! Season 4 has come to a glorious conclusion and Season 5 is underway! We hope y'all enjoyed the action and are looking forward to a new season to test your mettle. I have a quick note to share with y'all about the Season 5 Reward Teaser.

Unfortunately the teaser for Season 5 will not be posted this week. We strive to have the teaser come out at the start of the season but right now with everything that is going on this Spring we are in a bit of a log jam and unfortunately the teaser blog will be coming out later in May. Featured in the blog is concept art of a reward that we feel is the best we've ever released and a reward that y’all have been suggesting ever since Ranked started. We will keep you in the loop of when to expect it and we hope y’all agree about its awesomeness when it comes out!

We are excited to see all the brutal action in Season 5. Now get in there and go berserk!

Cheers!

Will the black-silver crystal become available again in season 5? I failed to get mine in season 4 :(

But hey, since you obviously won't read this see you in another 4 months for another post like this. Keep up the great job.

I'm generalizing here but I think it's safe to assume that 90% of the threads they participate in are like this. They drop in. They say tiny bit of random crap. Talk in parables. Then they are never seen again.

I would love for someone to point me to a thread where they actually participate in any kind of discussion in a meaningful way.