When will this nightmare end?

HexDecimalUK

I hate to post threads complaining or demanding change that effects others i really do, makes me feel like a dictator of the worst variety as i am not a dev myself so do not presume to know better than those in control but i must mae an exception to add my voice.

The bolster system is beyond a joke! we all know why i don't need to go into details but i will stand and see that as imperfect as it was the recruit gear mechanic worked better!

It only takes a weekend to unlock the partizan shells having a base line expertise while we do so is better that getting destroyed by PVE heros. This is proven by how many people cant take more than a couple of hits in the gree event because they don't care to get PVP gear.

Ideally a diminishing return system should be placed between bolster and gear like having more than partisan standard DPS (1k) should reduce the bolster expertise given or whatever but since i highly doubt BW are prepared to work out the exact maths if they can be standardized just giving the old war hero sets as recruit gear seem more fair than party time whoever killed you with 10K smash/ambush/ETC

TLDR bolster not working out, recruit gear probs the best way

EDIT: heres what i put in response to being told that BOLSTER is to prevent gear to win,,,

Here is a screen shot of a random mara with about 35K which is not possible in pvp gear unless maybe possibly he stacks all on endurance with augs and crystals and such perhaps never the less its pretty obviously PVE gear.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...51780524_o.jpg

so you may think well its pve gear he cant have done that good DPS or its all super stacked endurance, guess again he got 700+k

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...52289208_o.jpg

Now im not saying 700K isnt realistic it is for well PVP geared player, but this joker is not in PVP gear and if he was he would be at most 26k HP to pull that damage as adding more power/crit/surge takes away endurance if your min/maxing. (like my jug is, yes i know the numbers for warrior gear get at me)

As you can plainly see its now PVE gear to win and since PVE gear take alot longer to obtain than partisan its far less balanced than having to take a day or so out to unlock the pvp set while getting a half way good recruit gear set ever was.

and we got recruit pve gear if the pvp recruit set is so great why cant it also be used to get started in PVE its not gunna be better than the vender stuff is it.

need i go on?

Edited by HexDecimalUK

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why is bolster a joke? exploit has been fixed and PVP is still > overall that PVE gear. so what is the problem? you want to go back to pre-2.0 where gear gap made WZs totally one sided most of the time?

also, bolster isn't just about PVP, its also about PVE. end game PVE can have a proper gear progression for the content that isn't limited by PVP concerns. making free recruit PVP gear to be competitive pvp would mean it would be better than the lower tiers of end game PVE gear. bolster removes that problem.

bolster is a good thing and at this point, the only reason not to like is because people want big gear gap advantages. destroying undergeared people is not my idea of fun.

why is bolster a joke? exploit has been fixed and PVP is still > overall that PVE gear. so what is the problem? you want to go back to pre-2.0 where gear gap made WZs totally one sided most of the time?

also, bolster isn't just about PVP, its also about PVE. end game PVE can have a proper gear progression for the content that isn't limited by PVP concerns. making free recruit PVP gear to be competitive pvp would mean it would be better than the lower tiers of end game PVE gear. bolster removes that problem.

bolster is a good thing and at this point, the only reason not to like is because people want big gear gap advantages. destroying undergeared people is not my idea of fun.

For all dps and healers, there are currently a minimum of 5 pieces of pve gear they should be wearing to be BiS in warzones. 5/14 is huge. It'll be even more when you consider set bonuses.

Ok you want to talk about gear to win?

Here is a screen shot of a random mara with about 35K which is not possible in pvp gear unless maybe possibly he stacks all on endurance with augs and crystals and such perhaps never the less its pretty obviously PVE gear.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/468817_10151942152467067_151780524_o.jpg

so you may think well its pve gear he cant have done that good DPS or its all super stacked endurance, guess again he got 700+k

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/980727_10151942152462067_452289208_o.jpg

Now im not saying 700K isnt realistic it is for well PVP geared player, but this joker is not in PVP gear and if he was he would be at most 26k HP to pull that damage as adding more power/crit/surge takes away endurance if your min/maxing. (like my jug is, yes i know the numbers for warrior gear get at me)

So what is happening is PVE heros are consistently coming into warzones with maybe just enough expertise pieces and utterly dominating i mean this is hut ball no one should be pulling more than 500k i would understand novara or void star but not HB.

PVE gear should offer NO advantage in WZs over the pvp counterparts. I have long excepted that being balanced in the reg WZs is something you have to earn witch is fine because one they are regs and two it takes not long if you want perfect balance play guild wars 1, BW's solution to a none existent problem has back fired profoundly.

PS this basic evidence, i see players pull over 1mil in WZs under 10 mins long regularly.

Edited by HexDecimalUK

It only takes a weekend to unlock the partizan shells having a base line expertise while we do so is better that getting destroyed by PVE heros. This is proven by how many people cant take more than a couple of hits in the gree event because they don't care to get PVP gear.

Just so we're clear, is this just in relation to the Ilum PvP zone? Because I have been told by many people that expertise has no effect on world PvP. Not sure if it's true or not, but if it is then, yes, PvE gear would have a tremendous advantage over PvP gear but it wouldn't be due to bolster.

Edited by SlightlySychotic
Edited for clarity

Just so we're clear, is this just in relation to the Ilum PvP zone? Because I have been told by many people that expertise has no effect on world PvP. Not sure if it's true or not, but if it is then, yes, PvE gear would have a tremendous advantage over PvP gear but it wouldn't be due to bolster.

It should have an effect if I'm not mistaken... at least that's what it says on the tool tip, I guess.

2018 expertise nets you like 65% damage increase against players, and 35% damage reduction from player, I think.

I don't have my game up atm, but i think the percentages are right around there :confused:

lol sorry but warzones are still mostly onesided. bolstering bads doesn't all of a sudden make them skilled. gear gap was an excuse they used. Now that bolster is for the most part fixed I don't have a problem with it. I still think bolstering end game content is stupid, but it is what it is.

Rellik

NO, and in any case he who is dumb enough to play a pvp server and go wandering round end game worlds in PVE gear deserves to get smashed the second he puts his noob boots on the ground, am i the only person in this game that only puts pve sets on when im queing for flash points but keeps the PVP set on at ALL times when planet side???

can we please give over with the whole expertise is OP in world areas QQ? your in a PVP server no one is making you leave the safety of your fleet, you signed up for PVP dont cry if you get roled because you never played for what you need in what you paid for!

lol sorry but warzones are still mostly onesided. bolstering bads doesn't all of a sudden make them skilled. gear gap was an excuse they used. Now that bolster is for the most part fixed I don't have a problem with it. I still think bolstering end game content is stupid, but it is what it is.

Rellik

OK look at my links thread above, 35k pve gear, max DPS! im going to edit the OP to include this so its not overlooked

Edited by HexDecimalUK

To me as a player who does his share of pvp I would like to see the gap between the gears go away for good. What I mean by that is a pvper and pver have access the same gear with the same exact stats. No more special stats for pvp, and this will require enlarging and enhancing the bolster system. This would mean pve gear would no longer have any edge over pvp gear. I think it could be done. Now before everyone say I am insane, what the hell am I thinking. Consider this.

If by some Miracle the devs, by the way they did this in swg with way less resources, add a awesome world pvp zone with a mixture of pve units to it. Such a system would only encourage people to get involved. I can not speak for other pvpers but I would take a level playing field and a well built world pvp zone over a thousand wzs, and some damn special pvp stat. Then again thats me.

There is definitely a huge advantage having expertise in open world pvp but none in warzones.

I don't really mind pve'rs coming into a wz and being on an almost even ground as the pvpers but system's borked. they're stronger.

I started playing my assassin, bought him partisan items from my main. Had a buddy craft me an offhand, used my old elite war hero weapon with no expertise. Crafted my own implants and ear piece and augmented them.

My newbie partisan with five pieces of gear containing no expertise is bolstered to 2000 expertise. My full conqueror character is at 1970 something because I use one power crystal.

Those crafted implants are better than conqueror, they have more stats and bolster just the same. So I'm working on making some good ones for my warrior for wz's and will only equip the conqueror ones in open world pvp. It shouldn't be this way.

Something's wrong with this picture.

To me as a player who does his share of pvp I would like to see the gap between the gears go away for good. What I mean by that is a pvper and pver have access the same gear with the same exact stats. No more special stats for pvp, and this will require enlarging and enhancing the bolster system. This would mean pve gear would no longer have any edge over pvp gear. I think it could be done. Now before everyone say I am insane, what the hell am I thinking. Consider this.

If by some Miracle the devs, by the way they did this in swg with way less resources, add a awesome world pvp zone with a mixture of pve units to it. Such a system would only encourage people to get involved. I can not speak for other pvpers but I would take a level playing field and a well built world pvp zone over a thousand wzs, and some damn special pvp stat. Then again thats me.

The devs wont do this because they do not care about the game. I mean, waiting til 2.4 to do anything pvp related is kind of a joke in my opinion.

What's the problem is first the matchmaking system. It's honestly stupid in how it A)picks the players on the team, B) thinks it's fun to mismatch the two teams IE one team has 2-3 healers with a bunch of smash Arrtards vs a team of squishies and no healers, and finally c) puts these same people in warzones back to back with no random variation of who's in the group.

Second is of course the gear difference as pointed out in the opening post. It only works for certain classes like healers (because the boost for pve gear is outweighing the detriment of not having the expertise to heal) , and those who auto crit big AOEs.. If bioware is wanting to say that skill > gear, they are currently failing. There are some classes that currently come to mind in terms of either fixing their survivability (dps ptechs, and operatives) or decreasing their damage output (all these classes that are hitting for 9-11k with ease such as snipers, smashers and mercs).

I am honestly about to give up on pvp in it's entirety because of how much anger it gives me when trying to finish the weekly (honestly 9 wins? Get with the fracking program bioware and solve the rage problems by saying either win 9 or play 18 games)

The devs wont do this because they do not care about the game. I mean, waiting til 2.4 to do anything pvp related is kind of a joke in my opinion.

What's the problem is first the matchmaking system. It's honestly stupid in how it A)picks the players on the team, B) thinks it's fun to mismatch the two teams IE one team has 2-3 healers with a bunch of smash Arrtards vs a team of squishies and no healers, and finally c) puts these same people in warzones back to back with no random variation of who's in the group.

Second is of course the gear difference as pointed out in the opening post. It only works for certain classes like healers (because the boost for pve gear is outweighing the detriment of not having the expertise to heal) , and those who auto crit big AOEs.. If bioware is wanting to say that skill > gear, they are currently failing. There are some classes that currently come to mind in terms of either fixing their survivability (dps ptechs, and operatives) or decreasing their damage output (all these classes that are hitting for 9-11k with ease such as snipers, smashers and mercs).

I am honestly about to give up on pvp in it's entirety because of how much anger it gives me when trying to finish the weekly (honestly 9 wins? Get with the fracking program bioware and solve the rage problems by saying either win 9 or play 18 games)

your right there, snipers and smashers are the common culprits alright, with sorcs playing a close second (recklessness on chain lightning) (not seen it from a merc though but then they cant proc their crits they can only just go through their rotation and hope they get lucky on the heat seeker and unload (not nearly as often as you would think)

Rellik

It was not an excuse. No matter how good you were, in recruit you were nothing. Having said that, the reason I have a problem with bolster is that an army of pve numbnuts thinking they will be just fine in pvp wearing what they are wearing and not having a clue on how to actually pvp are now stinking up the wzs to high heaven.

It should have an effect if I'm not mistaken... at least that's what it says on the tool tip, I guess.

2018 expertise nets you like 65% damage increase against players, and 35% damage reduction from player, I think.

I don't have my game up atm, but i think the percentages are right around there :confused:

Expertise absolutely affects world PvP, and 2018 is 60% damage.

I hear you on the mismatching. I played a wz recently where my republic team just owned the Empire team, I thought we did a good job, then I looked over to see what the classes were on the empire team. To say the least it was a bad joke. 90 percent of the empire team was all sorcs, and not a single tank like class, while my republic team had a good mixture. A mixture that was mostly troopers, Jedi, and smugglers. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out why we were able to own the imps that match.

The other thing is this in a wz you are confined to a small space so if there is unbalance between the teams you are screwed. In open world pvp zone you can always find a good place to hide or kill off stragglers, even if your side is outmatched.

I hate to post threads complaining or demanding change that effects others i really do, makes me feel like a dictator of the worst variety as i am not a dev myself so do not presume to know better than those in control but i must mae an exception to add my voice.

The bolster system is beyond a joke! we all know why i don't need to go into details but i will stand and see that as imperfect as it was the recruit gear mechanic worked better!

Ideally a diminishing return system should be placed between bolster and gear like having more than partisan standard DPS (1k) should reduce the bolster expertise given or whatever but since i highly doubt BW are prepared to work out the exact maths if they can be standardized just giving the old war hero sets as recruit gear seem more fair than party time whoever killed you with 10K smash/ambush/ETC

TLDR bolster not working out, recruit gear probs the best way

EDIT: heres what i put in response to being told that BOLSTER is to prevent gear to win,,,

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...51780524_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...52289208_o.jpg

As you can plainly see its now PVE gear to win and since PVE gear take alot longer to obtain than partisan its far less balanced than having to take a day or so out to unlock the pvp set while getting a half way good recruit gear set ever was.

and we got recruit pve gear if the pvp recruit set is so great why cant it also be used to get started in PVE its not gunna be better than the vender stuff is it.

need i go on?

Recruit gear is a joke, any gear progression in pvp which opens up hugh gaps between players is a joke for that matter. I can't open your links in my country, however I don't believe a 35k marauder is optimized for damage and 700k for a marauder in Huttball is supposed to be huge? I don't think so.

Recruit gear is a joke, any gear progression in pvp which opens up hugh gaps between players is a joke for that matter. I can't open your links in my country, however I don't believe a 35k marauder is optimized for damage and 700k for a marauder in Huttball is supposed to be huge? I don't think so.

I have already answered this in detail, you should try giving the same kind of arrogant unsupported argument to an oncoming train and let me know how it works out for you.

I have already answered this in detail, you should try giving the same kind of arrogant unsupported argument to an oncoming train and let me know how it works out for you.

Comprehension, apparently.

Did you try your advise on yourself yet?

I think I mentioned that I can't see your pics and since you only mention health and damage... that doesn't say very much does it?

Therefore you fail to:

• deliver evidence that this numbnut didn't stack endurance
  • deliver a fully endurance stacked pvp marauder for comparison

OK look at my links thread above, 35k pve gear, max DPS! im going to edit the OP to include this so its not overlooked

700k in Huttball is nothing special, it just means that there were no quality dps player at work and he didn't get focused (as not dying is the largest boost to your overal damage number in a warzone) which means there wouldn't have been any difference if he had just 25k life.

Now im not saying 700K isnt realistic it is for well PVP geared player, :rolleyes: but this joker is not in PVP gear and if he was he would be at most 26k HP :rolleyes: to pull that damage as adding more power/crit/surge takes away endurance if your min/maxing. (like my jug is, yes i know the numbers for warrior gear get at me)

So what is happening is PVE heros are consistently coming into warzones with maybe just enough expertise pieces and utterly dominating i mean this is hut ball no one should be pulling more than 500k i would understand novara or void star but not HB. :rolleyes:

PVE gear should offer NO advantage in WZs over the pvp counterparts. I have long excepted that being balanced in the reg WZs is something you have to earn :rolleyes: witch is fine because one they are regs and two it takes not long if you want perfect balance play guild wars 1, BW's solution to a none existent problem has back fired profoundly.

PS this basic evidence, i see players pull over 1mil in WZs under 10 mins long regularly.

:rolleyes: = no evidence and your own opinion

I guess I'll have to report pvp player in pvp gear having more than 25k life and pulling out more than 700k in Huttball as cheater because... obvously you saying it's not possible means that this is not possible right?

Bolster is broken from 50-54 compared to 10-49 and I agree that maxed out PvP gear should be better than the best PvE gear.... however your comprehension of what player should be able to do and what not are way off.... .

Edited by Sziroten

See, here's the biggest problem with bolster:

The devs supposedly want to close the gear gap and "idiot proof" pvp so that regardless of one's gear, they would get equal stats more or less.

Naked PVP actually felt the most balanced, since everyone had high crit, damage, hp, etc.

But then to fix naked they nerfed bolster, which resulted in a gear gap.

Then apparently pve gear was outperforming pvp gear, so they "fixed" that by nerfing bolster, which resulted in a gear gap.

Then the augment removal glitch showed up...they fixed it by nerfing bolstering of augment slot, which resulted in a gear gap.

This will trend will continue indefinitely so long as this fail system is in place. Expect more bolster bugs to pop up within the next month as 2.2 goes live and a new tier of pve gear is introduced.

Bioware claimed the purpose of bolster was to make people equal regardless of gear....but then they nerfed bolster, repeatedly. So now the gear gap is back, but because "bolster" is in place, new pvpers are lulled into a false sense of security and don't realize that the gear they're wearing is probably going to pull their team down.

TL;DR, Bioware has created an invisible gear gap by implementing and repeatedly nerfing bolster.

the bolster system works towards

making people in ultimate pve gear as efficient as conqueror pvp gear in WZs

making people in elite pve gear as efficient as partisan pvp gear in Wzs

i think that is a good objective, i would only bolster expertise in 55 bolster but with a formula i already detailed on another post but heck thre is nothing wrong with the above principle. bolstering exp in WZ on pve gear is convenient for everyone.

the bolster system works towards

making people in ultimate pve gear as efficient as conqueror pvp gear in WZs

making people in elite pve gear as efficient as partisan pvp gear in Wzs

i think that is a good objective, i would only bolster expertise in 55 bolster but with a formula i already detailed on another post but heck thre is nothing wrong with the above principle. bolstering exp in WZ on pve gear is convenient for everyone.

whats the point of expertise then? you do know ultimate gear has much more stats then conqueror and the diference on expertise isnt that much, fail is fail and bioware failed hard on this one yet again.