Renown crates with no loot

SparkySquirrel

Anyone else having an issue with renown crates randomly not having any loot ?

It was reported on PTS before 6.0 was released. (Eric Musco - BioWare's Community Manager - even answered one of my posts to say that it was a bug.)

It was claimed to have been fixed on PTS, but it appears that the fix never made it to Live. It has been reported several times since 6.0 went live.

They might as well not have anything in them. Was never a fan of the loot crate system being used for gear progression, but if they were going to remove cosmetic rewards like the empty gear shells that used to drop from crates, then they should have provided an alternative way to obtain them(like they did for the pets and mounts by adding vendors for them on the fleet).

The shells from command crates were a viable source of old gear models that used to be straightforward to obtain until patch 4.0 made them obscure and annoying to find. Now that the system has changed to renown and the shells no longer drop from crates, much of the gear from the vanilla game has once again become a pain to track down.

If you search for those shells on the GTN, people are trying to sell them for around 10 mil apparently. It shouldn't be that costly to obtain old gear models that were in the base game and perfectly obtainable until patch 4.0 screwed everything up.

It’s funny because when you do get an empty box, the window also bugs out and the only way to close it is by clicking on the X at the top right. I got them about four or five times in the past week on my smuggler, with three of them occurring while on Dantooine during the event last week. No other characters had empty renown boxes other than my smuggler. I wondered if Dantooine lag might be a culprit so I’ve been trying to open the renown crates in a stronghold or on the fleet but I still got a couple.

I will say that prior to last week, I have no recollection of ever getting an empty box post 6.0 launch. But there was no patch last week so I’m not sure why the sudden up-tick.

Edited by phalczen