Allow Ignore To Work In Ranked

CaptRogue

The ignore feature really needs to work in ranked. I understand it could be abused, but on the flip side, we just had a troll stand there & throw a match. He did nothing but run in match & wait to be killed.

We couldn't even vote to kick him. This really needs to be addressed.

The ignore feature really needs to work in ranked. I understand it could be abused, but on the flip side, we just had a troll stand there & throw a match. He did nothing but run in match & wait to be killed.

Even post merge, yolos have to be poked and prodded into popping. with how volatile ranked PVPers are, we would not get any pops at all because everyone would have ignored everyone.

Even post merge, yolos have to be poked and prodded into popping. with how volatile ranked PVPers are, we would not get any pops at all because everyone would have ignored everyone.

Imp side it pops quite reguarly. Not much poking & prodding needed in EST afternoon hours.

While I do agree it could have bad usages, allowing someone to constantly troll/throw ranked is not right either. Dude did it 2 matches back to back. I'm not sure how he's not been banned since he's one of Imp side's biggest trolls, but this behavior does need stopped. (And this is from someone who doesn't have a huge rank, so I know the huge legit ranked players hate it.)

What do you mean allow it to work? If you mean about not popping with people in your ignore list, then you should know it is exactly the same in regs. The pvp queue isn’t like the flash point queue where you don’t pop with them.

It’s always been this way because it’s too easy to be abused by trolls.

Yes it sucks getting those sort of people, but that’s what vote to kick is for. The difference is you need your whole team to vote them out of arena/Ranked because you need more than 50%. The reason your vote to kick didn’t work is because not enough other people in your team voted.

What needs to happen is a better vote to kick feature, the same sort as in flash points. If I remember correctly, a pop up happens when a vote to kick is initiated in flash points. That doesn’t happen in pvp. Plus all the other person needs to do for it to be cleared is to iniciate combat. In the case of a stealth, all they need to do is stun someone.

We’ve all been victims of a scenario that you describe. Many of us have been victims to troll hackers who leave the map confines and don’t even die when the acid starts. We’ve all been victims or win traders.

It’s not the ignore feature that needs to work, it’s all the other problems associated with Ranked that encourage that sort of behaviour. If they fixed them and actually put a gate on Ranked, ie, a proper prerequisite of Valor and gear, then it would stamp out a lot of the casual trolls who don’t play enough pvp to even get into ranked.

Get 3 others, even just PvPers off chat, and form a group. Then you don't have to deal with a random person on your team.

Also, use ignore on everyone who defeats you :)

Edited by Foambreaker

What do you mean allow it to work? If you mean about not popping with people in your ignore list, then you should know it is exactly the same in regs. The pvp queue isn’t like the flash point queue where you don’t pop with them.

It’s always been this way because it’s too easy to be abused by trolls.

Yes it sucks getting those sort of people, but that’s what vote to kick is for. The difference is you need your whole team to vote them out of arena/Ranked because you need more than 50%. The reason your vote to kick didn’t work is because not enough other people in your team voted.

What needs to happen is a better vote to kick feature, the same sort as in flash points. If I remember correctly, a pop up happens when a vote to kick is initiated in flash points. That doesn’t happen in pvp. Plus all the other person needs to do for it to be cleared is to iniciate combat. In the case of a stealth, all they need to do is stun someone.

We’ve all been victims of a scenario that you describe. Many of us have been victims to troll hackers who leave the map confines and don’t even die when the acid starts. We’ve all been victims or win traders.

It’s not the ignore feature that needs to work, it’s all the other problems associated with Ranked that encourage that sort of behaviour. If they fixed them and actually put a gate on Ranked, ie, a proper prerequisite of Valor and gear, then it would stamp out a lot of the casual trolls who don’t play enough pvp to even get into ranked.

Yes, I know it's exactly like that in regs. In regs it doesn't matter. One person standing off in a corner is annoying but doesn't always hurt the team. One person doing nothing in ranked KILLS the team sometimes, depending on composition & who you're facing.

No, VOTE TO KICK was not even an option in the ranked match. We would have kicked him, had it worked. Not that it would have mattered because it wouldn't back fill.

In regs Vote to Kick needs to work like WoW. So many people & boom. Not all 7 have to vote. Some of them have no idea. But I do digress, this is not about regs. They have their own sets of problems.

You haven't been in ranked in awhile as ranked does have a gate now. You have to have a certain Valor rank & gear level, that doesn't stop & will never stop the ones who want to troll. They are geared & have the right valor. Most ranked trolls PvP a ton.

Everything that could be proposed has the possibility of being abused, by far & large, but they can't not act for fear of XX happening.

Will never happen. To easy to abuse in an already small group of players. People would immediately put all the trolls AND perceived bad players on ignore list. This would not only most likely kill the already slow ranked queue, but ensure only certain players get pops due to people ignoring each other to make the best teams possible.

Record and report. Send PM's on here to the devs in a respectful manner.

Add the trolls to your friends list and put a note next to their name. When you see they're on and doing ranked, just queue dodge.

Will never happen. To easy to abuse in an already small group of players. People would immediately put all the trolls AND perceived bad players on ignore list. This would not only most likely kill the already slow ranked queue, but ensure only certain players get pops due to people ignoring each other to make the best teams possible.

Record and report. Send PM's on here to the devs in a respectful manner.

Add the trolls to your friends list and put a note next to their name. When you see they're on and doing ranked, just queue dodge.

Oh I did open a ticket, but this said troll is around all the time. And it's hard to queue dodge as a tank. lol

I agree it could be abused, but maybe some sort of ignore feature that requires reasoning, or if X amount of players have said person on ignore & sends a flag to BW themselves. Not sure there is something that could be worked out that could fix that though. Aside from hoping others open tickets on them along with you. (Because be honest very few people open tickets on players because they're too lazy to be bothered with it. They'd rather rage in game & continue playing.)

Yes I agree I am finding myself constantly leaving because someone on my team is on my ignore or one of the enemey has a hacker that is on my ignore list. shouldn't put me against/with EITHER! Been prob since day 1. I just take the ELO hit wont waste time with that. Edited by WaveRun