Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Easiest to Hardest Class Spec for PvP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Easiest to Hardest Class Spec for PvP?

MrNihulus
11.19.2017 , 05:20 PM | #1
I'm just curious on which class spec is the toughest to master in PvP. I find that most melee classes like marauders and dps operatives to be much more challenging than ranged classes since the enemy can easily kite you.

I find the easiest to be arsenal mercs since the rotation is very simple and they have lots of defensive cooldowns.

What would be your thoughts on the most difficult or easiest class spec?
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, RevanÖ and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."

KumbayaGOD
11.19.2017 , 09:51 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by MrNihulus View Post
I'm just curious on which class spec is the toughest to master in PvP. I find that most melee classes like marauders and dps operatives to be much more challenging than ranged classes since the enemy can easily kite you.

I find the easiest to be arsenal mercs since the rotation is very simple and they have lots of defensive cooldowns.

What would be your thoughts on the most difficult or easiest class spec?

from my personal experience i play most spec in this game even some i dont play very good but i know the mechanic behind it . but i think IO merc is quite difficult to play due to high heat management issue from dot spreading but soon be address by bioware to make dot spread by either fusion missle or explosive dart

so easiest i think jugg vengeange , madness sorc , hatred sin, arsenal merc, immortal
hard : io merc , sniper can be hard too since it has cover mechanic so you have to be in cover all the time and if you are not used to it you maybe need adjustment to do , operative i think its also challneging since you need to try keep hots all the time while dpsing
http://www.swtor.com/r/vczzh2 click here for referal code you you get: FREE TRANSFER , FREE STUFFS, FREE 7 DAYS SUBSCRIPTION, FREE UNLOCK AND MORE

Kaedusz
11.20.2017 , 03:03 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by KumbayaGOD View Post
so easiest i think jugg vengeange , madness sorc , hatred sin, arsenal merc, immortal
Vengeance is easy to play, but the class is weak, so that makes it hard in my book. Trying to play skillfully with an easy to play weak class is harder to play than a hard to master class with a high skill cap, that is strong if utilized to the fullest, imo.

For example, I felt like a powerhouse with my merc before the they got buffed. Much easier to play than my Jugg/guardian.
7 days free subscription ---- > http://www.swtor.com/r/k9W2FP

reppaz
11.20.2017 , 05:49 AM | #4
Eazy = Arsenal Merc and Madness Sorc (even a monkey can play those specs)

Romeugues
11.20.2017 , 06:00 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by reppaz View Post
Eazy = Arsenal Merc and Madness Sorc (even a monkey can play those specs)
Madness can fluff it's way to top dps but the class isn't anywhere close to being in the same league as Arsenal, since the dcds suck for Madness and lightning, you gotta play smart to survive under focus fire(gore/net so you may not get to PW or barrier if your stun break is on cd), whereas Mercs can simply hit their kolto, shield or reflect, even if you don't time them perfectly you'll still probably be fine unless you used them all at the same time.

Lundorff
11.20.2017 , 06:33 AM | #6
It's hard to say which spec is the hardest to master, as several of them are underperforming at the moment. Like a dps juggernaut is relatively easy to figure out, but it requires a lot of experience to be able to hold your own in ranked. Same goes with PT and Sorc these days.

On the flip side we have engineering sniper. I consider this one of the hardest specs to master, but it's overperforming quite a bit, and even a mediocre eng.sniper will be more useful in ranked than a good dps juggernaut.

And what about healers? Healing is hands down the most stressful profession in general, so perhaps all 3 of them should be considered the hardest spec in general?

It's much easier to talk about best vs. worse.

kissingaiur
11.20.2017 , 07:32 AM | #7
For heals?

Corruption - by far the easiest , Bodyguard, Medicine - by far the hardest.
Hothothothothothotho
"I need you all to know that Iíve transcended ranked pvp by reading about it on the forums"
5.6 PvP Operative Healing / twitch.tv/kissingaiur

merovejec
11.20.2017 , 08:07 AM | #8
This is very hard to answer, since it depends on how much into detail you wanna go. For examle you can consider it from the rotation perspective. The simplest rotations are (lets use rep terms) for Gunnery (Mando), Serenity (Shadow), Telekinesis/Balance (Sage), Sharpshooter (Slinger), Tactics (Vanguard), Vigilance (Guardian). Those are very easy to execute since the rotation is plain and simple.

However that is just dps rotation wise, the classes still have many other abilities and ofc utilities. Like if you have a very skilled Scoundrel he can make good use of cc, sap etc. Also, a slinger can rotation through his defensives, then reactivate them again, also use cc like scoundrel etc. There are also classes that have way more abilities to use than other classes.

In general I would say its very easy to play Mando (Gunnery) and Sage (TK, Balance), also Vanguard (Tactics) for the rest you do need to learn a bit more about the class and what it can really do.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 69015

yellow_
11.20.2017 , 08:43 AM | #9
it depends a lot on whether or not you want to take the current balance meta into account

for example, if you don't then a class like powertech skews much more towards the easy end: few DCDs and generally simple rotations that often have a lot of filler spam

if you do want to then powertech skews much more towards the hard end simply because of how bad it is in many scenarios: playing pyro in solo ranked is probably the single most brutal situation you can put yourself into in pvp in the current state of the game