Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PVP in this game is a complete ****

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PVP in this game is a complete ****

JD_Simmon's Avatar


JD_Simmon
11.19.2017 , 09:48 AM | #1
You guys tried to copy and paste WoW mechanics at the beginning and you never changed idea on that for years, but the HUGE amount of shields, self heal and CC alwasy destroyed the balance and the enjoyment because when parties have healers it becomes tedious, boring and unbalanced.

In addition to that, with the ability lag which always affected this game it becomes somethimes impossible to coordinate moves and choose the right ability at the right moment (but who cares, story and dubbing are good).

Lastly, abilities needs to be removed and purged. There are tons of high CD skills which keep you monitoring skillbars COSTANTLY so that you never actually know what the hell is going on the battlefeild.

Hope next time EA will move this IP to someone else as a GLORIOUS PVP MMO based on SW NEEDS TO HAPPEN! That pew pew Battlefront is an insult.

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
11.19.2017 , 11:08 AM | #2
I'll take the ability bloat over pressing the same 4 buttons over and over.

Romeugues's Avatar


Romeugues
11.19.2017 , 12:10 PM | #3
You just need to find the cliterious

hallucigenocide's Avatar


hallucigenocide
11.19.2017 , 12:20 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
I'll take the ability bloat over pressing the same 4 buttons over and over.
yes because pressing 3 that do the same thing instead of one is soo much more engaging right?

yellow_'s Avatar


yellow_
11.19.2017 , 12:56 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JD_Simmon View Post
Lastly, abilities needs to be removed and purged. There are tons of high CD skills which keep you monitoring skillbars COSTANTLY so that you never actually know what the hell is going on the battlefeild
PVP in this game certainly has a lot of issues and I take no pleasure in playing this card but this "problem" is totally a learn to play issue

dealing with it comes with practice and needing to learn how to manage your own abilities while paying attention to positioning and what the other players around you are up to is one of the ways to separate yourself from the pack and the game is better for it

if every rotation were as braindead as some of the simpler ones the game would be worse, not better

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
11.19.2017 , 02:02 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by hallucigenocide View Post
yes because pressing 3 that do the same thing instead of one is soo much more engaging right?
If its more engaging then yes. Keybinds are there for a reason.

hallucigenocide's Avatar


hallucigenocide
11.19.2017 , 02:17 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
If its more engaging then yes. Keybinds are there for a reason.
i'm well aware of keybinds.. i still don't feel a need to have tons of abilities that do pretty much the same thing.

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
11.19.2017 , 02:58 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by hallucigenocide View Post
i'm well aware of keybinds.. i still don't feel a need to have tons of abilities that do pretty much the same thing.
Define the "same thing" cuz thats not really the case in swtor.