Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Following the server mergers, can we please now have objective-based ranked?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Following the server mergers, can we please now have objective-based ranked?

Icykill_
11.19.2017 , 10:44 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by zhradik View Post
playing competetive pvp with 15 fps is not ok
Try playing it with 300-400ms... thatís why I can no longer play ranked 4 man... but 8 man objective pvp is more forgiving than 4 man death match
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

Raansu
11.19.2017 , 11:07 AM | #12
I would kill for 8v8 ranked to come back. Arenas imo was the worst idea they ever had for pvp. It basically killed pvp guilds.

Icykill_
11.19.2017 , 11:08 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
I would kill for 8v8 ranked to come back. Arenas imo was the worst idea they ever had for pvp. It basically killed pvp guilds.
Agreed...
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

Floplag
11.19.2017 , 11:15 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by kissingaiur View Post
Objective ranked died for a good reason. It wouldn't work in the current state of the game where the engine can barely keep up as it is. There is also a other huge factors that would make it cancer: health pools huge, dcds are insane and everyone has a leaps/teleports. The game is extremely different from 1.0 and 2.0. It won't work, that ship has sailed, time to move on.

If anything you guys should be calling for matchmaking. That could actually be a possibility and have large impacts in the quality of the game.
100% this
Before ANY other PvP changes they need to fix matchmaking in ranked and even in regs. So many issues with this i scarcely even know where to begin, but fair and balanced sad much as possible matches should be the #1 goal. Of course a few select class balance tweaks would also be very nice on obvious cases for both nerf and buff but that would be #2.
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

yellow_
11.19.2017 , 12:40 PM | #15
the day pressing "Queue Solo Ranked" means I have to potentially backpack not just up to three but up to seven other players through quesh huttball or odp is the day I never press the button again

part of me would enjoy seeing this be implemented so you could see all the same people on this board make all the same complaints about the new solo ranked that they made about the previous iteration plus some new ones after it begins to dawn on them that the trickle of DCD/mobility buffs over the years has fundamentally broken many aspects of objective pvp

would that really be worth the satisfaction of feeling like you're helping because you're repeatedly dying on top of a node instead of unceremoniously lying dead on the floor in arenas where the consequences of being outplayed are so much more glaring?

ace_boogie
11.19.2017 , 12:55 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by yellow_ View Post
would that really be worth the satisfaction of feeling like you're helping because you're repeatedly dying on top of a node instead of unceremoniously lying dead on the floor in arenas where the consequences of being outplayed are so much more glaring?
Yes. Thatís exactly it. Not even being sarcastic.

Have you never been in a match where you were outkilled but managed to hold a node or got a clutch score and won?
Ksenia / Angie

yellow_
11.19.2017 , 01:12 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by ace_boogie View Post
Yes. Thatís exactly it. Not even being sarcastic.

Have you never been in a match where you were outkilled but managed to hold a node or got a clutch score and won?
Of course. And, generally speaking, I don't feel like I outplayed anyone or won legitimately. I feel like I cheesed my way to a win in a poorly designed game mode (literally none of the warzones are well matched with the current time-to-kill).

To me this just sounds like a thinly-veiled confession about wanting to be able to cheese your way to a win over better players. Props for being honest though.

Games where one team dies 10+ times the amount of the other and manage to die tactically enough and win because they've got the right combination of tank/heal spam and stealther stalls when the other is honestly trying to win are an insult to the concept of PVP.

ace_boogie
11.19.2017 , 01:27 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by yellow_ View Post
Of course. And, generally speaking, I don't feel like I outplayed anyone or won legitimately. I feel like I cheesed my way to a win in a poorly designed game mode (literally none of the warzones are well matched with the current time-to-kill).

To me this just sounds like a thinly-veiled confession about wanting to be able to cheese your way to a win over better players. Props for being honest though.

Games where one team dies 10+ times the amount of the other and manage to die tactically enough and win because they've got the right combination of tank/heal spam and stealther stalls when the other is honestly trying to win are an insult to the concept of PVP.
Sounds like that to you because youíre projecting. It has nothing to do with ďcheeseĒ. Maybe thatís how you play.

Sometimes the other team just has more/better healing than you do. Or maybe a tank with a clue. Or maybe itís a circumstance of fortunate respawns or just flat out playing huttball correctly while the other team deathmatches that helps you win in objective pvp whilst being outkilled. There are a number of factors that go into being outkilled in a win.

The real insult to pvp is you dorks who think you are pvp gods when you win and some nefarious ******** happened when you lose.
Ksenia / Angie

EnzoForMe
11.19.2017 , 01:38 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Coloneli View Post
Dcds are too strong you can already feel it in 4v4, 8v8 would be a **** show with the expection of huttball perhaps
This ^

I would take the word of people who thoroughly enjoyed and competed at the top level when 8s were around- it worked wonderfully when level cap was 50, but even at level cap of 55 there started to be serious issues as TTK got too long and classes became more mobile.

In games with even teams, civil wars were about whose combat sentinel popped transcendence fastest to cap the offnode in a 30 minute slugfest at mid. Voidstar became one of the first arenas essentially, the first door was never capped and it was about who had more kills. AH often ended because a hidden time limit was reached.

Novare partially worked because at the time, you could use seismic grenade mez rotations to cap the node. With the bastion debuff, that is no longer possible.

Vanilla huttball would still be fun, but unless it was a huttball-only queue, 8s would not be fun.

The tl:dr is the proliferation of defensive and mobility cooldowns outgrew the vanilla maps starting at level 55, and now at 70, 8s are not a viable form of competitive pvp. Arenas are what we have, and at this point, what I prefer.
Caprica <Lethal Dose 50> <The Crushers>
S-3 S-6 #1 Group Ranked Sniper
S-2 S-8 S-10 #1 Solo Gunslinger/Sniper

yellow_
11.19.2017 , 01:38 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by ace_boogie View Post
Sometimes the other team just has more/better healing than you do. Or maybe a tank with a clue.
oh no the other team has better players and it's causing them to win! better throw a poorly balanced objective into the mix to make sure the worse players still have a shot!