Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Commandos still broken OP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Commandos still broken OP

Mephesh
11.18.2017 , 02:17 PM | #1
You wanna hear a joke? Let's reduce the OP selfhealing immortality skill that makes Commandos tanky as heck from 70% to 60%. That will fix it.

Biowares way of making fun of their players. Oh they just don't actually 'really' nerf their favourite class. Never.

Commandos are supposed to be DDs, but they are also decent healers and better tanks then all the "real" tank classes. Ontop of beeing one of the best DD classes in PvP.

It's annoying a.f., not fun to play PvP atm at all. (still need to do it for the weekly :/ )

funnypat
11.18.2017 , 02:35 PM | #2
Ohhh I think they are fun - if queues are too heavy with mercs I always swap to virulence sniper - do you know how funny it is to see those walking rocketlaunchers walk in slow motion and killing them from 30m distance?

It really is fun

But I agree their heal to full is still way too strong, although you see now how much people only played them for fotm purposes. Some of them fall really quickly.
Ræly (Operative - Star Forge)
Cæly (Scoundrel - Star Forge)

DzastinBiberi
11.19.2017 , 02:42 AM | #3
I dont mind them being OP, let them be. But I do mind the nerf to the sins that made their dps totally broken and totally RNG. The guy who did the nerf, clearly has no clue about that class.

For BW...sins were OP and they "overperformed" but mercs are just fine.

Typical BW, zero brains, max stupidity.

Csillagkari
11.19.2017 , 04:23 AM | #4
Well, it's always the same story in every even non skill based game....

"nerf the class ASAP that I do not want to play with! Since it's ****** OP!"

Side note: Mara and Jug are the all time OP classes in this game, but even they can be melted with the right combat spec. This game is PAINFULLY balanced! We have zero creativity offered, zero freedom... way too much balanced bobtrack clone roles / skills.
+
The one who is crying a river for a nerf is just a frustrated player arrived from a lost WZ match who is lazy to lvl up a new role.
Also, ppl who are crying for "balance" are basically crying for unbalance aka their own benefits. Classic kindergarten scenario : )

Alzim
11.19.2017 , 08:49 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Csillagkari View Post
Side note: Mara and Jug are the all time OP classes in this game, but even they can be melted with the right combat spec. This game is PAINFULLY balanced! We have zero creativity offered, zero freedom... way too much balanced bobtrack clone roles / skills.
Indeed, that's why SWTOR is the absolute go-to title in terms of eSport. Pro gamers can't wait to get their hands on millions of dollars in this competitive game. Painfully balanced - indeed, painfully ...

And oh yeah, I really hope they nerf op Jugg.

omaan
11.19.2017 , 09:05 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Mephesh View Post
You wanna hear a joke? Let's reduce the OP selfhealing immortality skill that makes Commandos tanky as heck from 70% to 60%. That will fix it.

Biowares way of making fun of their players. Oh they just don't actually 'really' nerf their favourite class. Never.

Commandos are supposed to be DDs, but they are also decent healers and better tanks then all the "real" tank classes. Ontop of beeing one of the best DD classes in PvP.

It's annoying a.f., not fun to play PvP atm at all. (still need to do it for the weekly :/ )
Thats the reason why almost all pvp players left. Well done biofail