Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Miss Understood Merc

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The Miss Understood Merc

Aeneas_Falco
11.16.2017 , 05:57 PM | #21
The OP was obviously trolling but I'm going to play along anyway, because I'm bored.

One of my PVP toons is an arsenal merc and I think the class needs nerfing. It is true that two of the merc/commando DCDs are easy to counter, but stuns, AOE, or switching targets is only viable if you have one merc or commando to deal with. In most warzones you have at least three. The previous post that talked about switching from one merc that popped reflect to another merc that popped reflect was on the money. When there is more than one merc there are two many rotating DCDs to deal with.

Also quite frankly most players do not play smart and you're just about guaranteed that someone will heal you to full rather than stun or switch targets. Marauders especially are bad at this...they will stand there wailing on you repeatedly with the reflect up never catching on that they are healing you. There are some great Marauder players in this game but for whatever reason that class as a whole seems to attract the dumbest PVPers. For every great Marauder there are at least ten who go into warzones with no brain activity beyond, "HULK SMAAAAAAASH!"

Either Trauma Regulators needs to be dumped entirely so that Energy Shield only absorbs damage and doesn't heal when it drops, or the heal effects of both Energy Shield and Responsive Safeguards (reflect) need some tweaking downward. Maybe move Trauma Regulators over to Powertech.

Greezt
11.16.2017 , 06:56 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by teclado View Post
If you want to talk about the Miss Understood Merc, we should probably also talk about the Mr. Understood Merc as well. For fairness.
I know him, he's a chill dude. Nets me once every 90 seconds (give or take) and always emotes the bare minimum after he sends me back to spawn.

Talon_strikes
11.18.2017 , 10:05 PM | #23
I <3 you Boluda
Do you want free 7 days of subscription time? And one free server transfer?
With a bundle of goodies? And obtain these rewards every 90 days?
Then click my referral link and login to an existing account, or create a new one, for these rewards today! Don't forget to bookmark it too!