Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Miss Understood Merc

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The Miss Understood Merc

funnypat
11.16.2017 , 06:47 AM | #11
OP is clearly a troll or somebody who hasn't a single keybind and is klicking everything :P
Ræly (Operative - Star Forge)
Cæly (Scoundrel - Star Forge)

Wimbleton
11.16.2017 , 07:30 AM | #12
I agree, lets buff mercs. They are in such a horrible place. I'd probably want to nerf Juggs, PTs and DPS Sorcs at the same time since its opposite day.

Floplag
11.16.2017 , 10:11 AM | #13
Although im reasonably certain this is a troll post, ill bite cause why not.

I have mained a Merc since day 1 of beta. Pre 5.0 I was as vocal as anyone about the class needing help defensively in PvP. I left that game for a year and came back to find they had literally thrown the kitchen sick at us in response.

Bottom line the incoming nerfs are needed, warranted, and appropriate. Mercs are however not the only class in this place, we all know who they are, and the other 2 often have significantly higher damage output potential. Mercs are the current poster child for the problem, and that is one thing that is misunderstood as it certainly isnt unique to them but thats another discussion.

PTs are to me in the sample place where Mercs used to be. One can only hope they dont make the same mistake twice and over compensate.
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

xDaytona
11.16.2017 , 10:27 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Wimbleton View Post
I agree, lets buff mercs. They are in such a horrible place. I'd probably want to nerf Juggs, PTs and DPS Sorcs at the same time since its opposite day.
that would be perfect

Foambreaker
11.16.2017 , 11:17 AM | #15
Gee and people call me a troll

supertimtaf
11.16.2017 , 11:33 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
For example, you have reflect, which reflects and heals you, HOWEVER if the enemy does not attack you or uses aoe, the defensive is useless. It only buys you a few seconds of "not being attacked". Shield is the same, it provides damage reduction but if you are attacked it will heal you at the end.
Quick reminder, aoe doesn't work that well. A lot of class with procs on their aoe (every sin spec, Carnage mara, fury mara, rage jugg... ) will trigger the defensive anyway even if they aoe. Also... "Not attacking" ? Well damn, I'll be sure to do this next time I play ranked. Freecast is always the best solution

Back to topic. 1/10, try better man. Subtle hint, nobody yet asked to nerf PT, you should check this out and make a post about this too.
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

Severith
11.16.2017 , 05:29 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by supertimtaf View Post
Quick reminder, aoe doesn't work that well. A lot of class with procs on their aoe (every sin spec, Carnage mara, fury mara, rage jugg... ) will trigger the defensive anyway even if they aoe. Also... "Not attacking" ? Well damn, I'll be sure to do this next time I play ranked. Freecast is always the best solution

Back to topic. 1/10, try better man. Subtle hint, nobody yet asked to nerf PT, you should check this out and make a post about this too.
Ironically, one of the classes with great spammable aoe for dealing with the merc situation.......is a merc. (sweeping blasters)

supertimtaf
11.16.2017 , 05:37 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Severith View Post
Ironically, one of the classes with great spammable aoe for dealing with the merc situation.......is a merc. (sweeping blasters)
Funny, never thought of it that way
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

teclado
11.16.2017 , 05:45 PM | #19
If you want to talk about the Miss Understood Merc, we should probably also talk about the Mr. Understood Merc as well. For fairness.
Teclâdo - Deception, SF

KendraP
11.16.2017 , 05:50 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by supertimtaf View Post
LOL that's just another reflection on the sad state of VGs. No one can even pretend they're op.