Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Miss Understood Merc

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The Miss Understood Merc

VIZIOO
11.15.2017 , 07:16 PM | #1
Mercs we have/had been miss understood by the perception ppl have with us..we're not an Op class..we just an average class that can easily fall into the same category as PTs.. in total honesty, its everyone's perception that makes us Op..We have the same Combat Proficiencies as everyone else..no more no less..

So feel free to post your opinions in support of my thread.. share does wonderful experiences as a merc..and how u have overcome the stigma they have on us..

KendraP
11.15.2017 , 07:53 PM | #2
Have you played a pt, jugg, or sorc lately? Please tell me how average mercs are when you do.

Shoot i wish my tank had 3 heal to fulls and range to boot.

Lundorff
11.16.2017 , 02:58 AM | #3
1/10 try again.

merovejec
11.16.2017 , 04:46 AM | #4
Well sure, I mean in hands of a noob player a Merc can easily get globalled, OP defensives or not. There are several things that help the Merc be considered OP. However, it all depends on how the enemy players go against the Merc.

For example, you have reflect, which reflects and heals you, HOWEVER if the enemy does not attack you or uses aoe, the defensive is useless. It only buys you a few seconds of "not being attacked". Shield is the same, it provides damage reduction but if you are attacked it will heal you at the end. Again, if players dont attack u, even soft stun you for the duration of the shield, your defensive is useless. Lastly the Kolto heal, yes, that one is pretty good. Chaff Flare was nerfed already.

Playing a Merc also depends on the player. The Arsenal Rotation is pretty simple, but was nerfed already. That added to the fact that people chose to play it, cause it was too easy to play, there was no energy management etc.

Nevertheless, if you dont play the Merc at a good level you are still dead, mainly if up against good players. A Merc is only as good as the person that plays him. If you dont use your cds and stuns effectively, kite, keep your distance etc you will still be useless in the wz.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 69015

nate_river
11.16.2017 , 05:05 AM | #6
Well you are right and wrong in same time because mercs/mandos are not OP and are OP in same time mister....
We can say they are victims of incompetence and ignorance of developers and imbeciles players who always switch to OP classes because they are to lazy to put some effort to play... Basically same thing what happens to sorcs/sages back in the the days (sometime around patch 3.1.2 if I recall). Anyway mercs/mandos DPS are not OP this is true but thier defeneses still are so I don't want to be rude but if someone miss understood current state of this class is unfortunately you mister...

P.S. Sorry for my bad English

RafaelPeretz
11.16.2017 , 05:35 AM | #7
The real problem is when you get against a group full of em.
Its too much defensives and offheals to deal with. Not to say the nets.
7 Days for FREE to returning players: http://www.swtor.com/r/gTWgcW

reppaz
11.16.2017 , 05:41 AM | #8
LOL

Facetanking moonwalking with 3 heal to full is not OP
A monkey can play Merc

merovejec
11.16.2017 , 06:24 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by RafaelPeretz View Post
The real problem is when you get against a group full of em.
Its too much defensives and offheals to deal with. Not to say the nets.
OH YES! I have to agree there, its like you focus one, he pops reflect, you swap focus to another he pops reflect etc, this way they cycle through cds and your team is dying during that

But in general that goes for any class, if you get against 4 of them. The thing is just that you dont get 4 Maras or Sins or Sorcs (lol), just 4 Mercs sometimes.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 69015

xDaytona
11.16.2017 , 06:29 AM | #10
facetanking 500k is not op,i agree