Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Skank/Shank tanks still OP in dps gear

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Skank/Shank tanks still OP in dps gear

supertimtaf
11.16.2017 , 05:40 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Severith View Post
I think we both agree that Bioware Austin is bad at seeing eventual concequences of decisions, but this is different from that in my opinion. It's a straight up buff. There isn't anything subjective about how it's going to play out. All of the utility changes for 5.6 seem to be directly related to pvp, and it's not complicated in the least to see that skank tanks would benefit from the changes. I think they knew what they were doing. I see it as an acknowledgement that skank tanking in pvp is encouraged.

Remember Snave's interview with Eric Musco, and the question regarding skank tanking? The dev team is definetly aware of skank tanks. I think it's simply transitioned from tolerance to being outright expected to do so in pvp.
They should add a disclaimer near the description of underpowered spec in pvp :
"This spec isn't recommended for PvP content"

and put another under the tank spec :
"recommended for PvP content, along with damage dealing gear"

Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

KendraP
11.16.2017 , 07:08 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Severith View Post
Remember Snave's interview with Eric Musco, and the question regarding skank tanking? The dev team is definetly aware of skank tanks. I think it's simply transitioned from tolerance to being outright expected to do so in pvp.
At this point it's either accept that skanking is the way to tank in PvP or attempt to overhaul the entire system so that def/shield/absorb do something to help survivability.

Guess what's easier for them?

Korrii
11.17.2017 , 04:05 AM | #43
Most of the problems with PVP tanks are in my opinion due to the fact that devs were unimaginative with how the skills do damage. Damage is tied to crit/power/mastery and that's it.

Take this made up skill :

Shield Bash: do damage equal to two times your shield level.

Problem solved, tanks would stack shield, which would work both in pve and in pvp.

But as it were, the easiest way to survive a pvp encounter is for the other guy to be dead before you are. Which means stacking crit and mastery.

Skanks are just PVP tanks. PVE tanks are useless in PVP.

Aetideus
11.18.2017 , 04:44 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
At this point it's either accept that skanking is the way to tank in PvP or attempt to overhaul the entire system so that def/shield/absorb do something to help survivability.

Guess what's easier for them?
Exactly that. The outrageous Critical chance of the current end game gear gives no chance to pure tanks.

Icykill_
11.18.2017 , 09:04 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Zidovain View Post
6-8M is highly unlikely. Highest could be 4M and that's already a stretch. Nothing constructive here, I think you're just butthurt and you need some cheese for that whine.
Yep... Iím butt hurt... only been pvping for 6 years straight and have more pvp hours under my belt than most...
Just because you canít do 6mil or havenít seen it... doesnít mean others canít do it...
Most ledgitmate pvpers know that skanks are OP... there is no whine.., just an observation that Bioware nerfed every class for ďbalanceĒ... but didnít bother balancing tanks in dps gear...

I agree with some of the other posters... they need to make defence and shield stats count for something again... then add a debuff to tanks wearing ďtooĒ much dps gear...
It they were to do both at the same time... it would fix the problem
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

Kaedusz
11.19.2017 , 02:32 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
That's one cozy *** apartment.
7 days free subscription ---- > http://www.swtor.com/r/k9W2FP

Lunafox
11.19.2017 , 08:13 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
That's one cozy *** apartment.
Thanks.
Lunafox's Stories🌙🦊Lunafox's Decorating
Koona t'chuta, Solo?
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
omg Darth Lunafox in the house

Jrbabar
11.19.2017 , 08:15 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
Common Bioware... you nerfed every spec into the ground.., but skank tanks can still do 6-8 mil in pvp and not die

Iím not asking you to nerf their abilities or their proper dps output in while in tanking gear (which is how you balance the numbers internally).... but there needs to be something done to change this situation of them stacking dps gear...

The only solution I can think of that doesnít require ability Nerfs is a debuff if they wear dps gear... this should work like Bolster used to when we had expertise.., if the tank goes over a certain amount of stats... they lose something else like health or power... this would stop them from stacking crit and power at the expense of defence and shield

I know this will be controversial for all those people using these dps builds... but if you want to dps... change spec... or learn to tank
Working as intended.