Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How playable is pvp now with current bolster and lack of pvp gear?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How playable is pvp now with current bolster and lack of pvp gear?

Floplag
11.14.2017 , 11:40 AM | #11
100% viable. Of course it matters, its just not deterministic
As others have said it is a slight advantage, but youll still have a fair shot in most cases. The difference will come into play when all other things are equal, otherwise, its not that significant.
One thing i didnt see mentioned is augments. BIS players have the top gear and top augments. Those 2 things together matter much more. Augment your gear and bolster will carry most of the rest.
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

Turn-XGundam
11.14.2017 , 12:39 PM | #12
for some reason bolster helps my lv58 commando a lot more then my lv70 242 rating merc.
i crit more on commando then my merc.

anyone kind enough to explain why this is happening??

Wimbleton
11.14.2017 , 12:47 PM | #13
Same as its always been post expertise...

Wimbleton
11.14.2017 , 12:48 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Turn-XGundam View Post
for some reason bolster helps my lv58 commando a lot more then my lv70 242 rating merc.
i crit more on commando then my merc.

anyone kind enough to explain why this is happening??
Are you using 208s?

The expertise to mastery conversion and bolster don't know how to work together and you get a lot more mastery than normal.

Dayshadow
11.15.2017 , 05:10 AM | #15
But what about other stats like crit, end, mastery, etc.?

Does bolster merely effect the item ranking or does it give you stats too? Because a person with better gear will have better stats. So wouldn't they have an advantage over someone with empty slot orange gear or very low level gear?
SWTOR gameplay edited like a television series

funnypat
11.15.2017 , 05:24 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Dayshadow View Post
But what about other stats like crit, end, mastery, etc.?

Does bolster merely effect the item ranking or does it give you stats too? Because a person with better gear will have better stats. So wouldn't they have an advantage over someone with empty slot orange gear or very low level gear?
Never, ever go into a wz without any mods in gear, it's better if you use green stuff than empty orange gear.

Bolster only affects what is there, so only your basic armor stat gets bolstered (which is on empty stuff like 30 armoring or something like that). You want to have in every slot something, at least a green item or an orange one with lvl 10 mods.

The only reason you don't have any relics/earpieces/implants on your character should be if you are new and you just doing your very first wz with the introduction quest (that gives you all the missing stuff).

Bolster pushes your stats as well, but only those you have!
Ræly (Operative - Star Forge)
Cæly (Scoundrel - Star Forge)

AndriusAjax
11.15.2017 , 09:24 AM | #17
Anyone have the skinny on how bolster works with augments? Been playing my sage, and I'm not sure if it's worth it to get new augs now, or wait. Currently rocking 208 augs, 242-248 enh/mods, and 220-224 armorings for set bonus).
| O N D R | scoundrel | O F F D R | operative
Huttball All-Star

funnypat
11.15.2017 , 09:36 AM | #18
1 augment costs about 50k credits usually - they don't get bolstered. What you have is what you get.

So get them, since the new ones won't be around for some time after the patch or will be extremely expensive.

AndriusAjax
11.15.2017 , 09:50 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by funnypat View Post
1 augment costs about 50k credits usually - they don't get bolstered. What you have is what you get.

So get them, since the new ones won't be around for some time after the patch or will be extremely expensive.
I can make em, I have all schems and all crafting is maxed. I just heard new augs are a few weeks away. Is that not correct? What update has new augs coming?
| O N D R | scoundrel | O F F D R | operative
Huttball All-Star

funnypat
11.15.2017 , 10:15 AM | #20
As far as I could find there aren't any official patchnotes for that yet, but it seems you can get the "minor ones" from the new op and the legendary ones need to be crafted for a ton of materials including new ones.

Just google it and look into the reddit pages yourself :P

Either way, even if you learn the recipe right after patch, I don't think you're able to craft 14 right away - since mats will be damn expensive or not even available