Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hacks in WZ still?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Hacks in WZ still?

Cognodaux
01.31.2016 , 02:07 AM | #11
There are hackers in PVP but no-one *********** listens and they all say "Aww git gud, you suck, you're just bad" until it happens to them and then they start complaining and the cycle of idiots repeats itself.
If there weren't hackers in the game, a **** ton of people wouldn't be complaining about it.
It's blatantly effing clear as to reason why there are so many people complaining about hacking but
BEAware doesn't do **** because they can't do ****.

Gogopher
11.21.2017 , 04:36 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Cognodaux View Post
There are hackers in PVP but no-one *********** listens and they all say "Aww git gud, you suck, you're just bad" until it happens to them and then they start complaining and the cycle of idiots repeats itself.
If there weren't hackers in the game, a **** ton of people wouldn't be complaining about it.
It's blatantly effing clear as to reason why there are so many people complaining about hacking but
BEAware doesn't do **** because they can't do ****.

actually i find that most people who are saying hacking doesnt exist are the very people running speed hacks and such...makes more sense for them drum up conspiracy theory bs...in life the people most in denial about a subject are most likely to be the ones doing it...hacks and cheats exist and since swtor is a dying game the mods and devs dont do squat about it...u see it in pvp all the time

the whole get gud thing is just cheat speak for "Lulz i just pawned u with my hack and there is nothing u can do about it"

Aeneas_Falco
11.21.2017 , 06:35 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Gogopher View Post
actually i find that most people who are saying hacking doesnt exist are the very people running speed hacks and such...
Where is your proof that the skeptics are running hacks?

Hacking certainly goes on but the responses in this old thread were likely on the ball, and the OP simply fell off the pipe. There number of hacking allegations made by PVPers far outnumber the actual amount of hacking that goes on.

Gogopher
11.21.2017 , 07:23 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeneas_Falco View Post
Where is your proof that the skeptics are running hacks?

Hacking certainly goes on but the responses in this old thread were likely on the ball, and the OP simply fell off the pipe. There number of hacking allegations made by PVPers far outnumber the actual amount of hacking that goes on.
yeah the OP most likely did fall off the pipe...since i play jug, maur, and PT i have never bounced off anyone...but i have encountered all manner of cheats, exploits, and most likely hacks (most via cheat engine)...and ur broken *** arguement of 'wheres ur proof' is just the main weapon in the arsenal of the deniers...where is ur proof that hacking DOESNT go on...

and no the amount of allegations USED to outnumber the actual amount when this game was vibrant and alive and regularily policed...but since im seeing the same people doing the same **** over and over i realized that the mods simply dont care/cant care/or dont have the ability to care about pvp anymore

and even in the 'good ol days' cheating went on with no punishment...who hasnt played huttball in the old days and didnt see the rubber banding exploit done time after time after time...i have witnessed everything this game has to offer in regards to pvp content and i can say with absolute certainty that it does go on and no one gets punished for it anymore

Hoppinswtor
11.21.2017 , 11:44 PM | #15
in 3 years of playing this game I haven't seen anyone hack in regs

people who accuse others of hacking in a reg are just not well versed in all of the finer details of classes, mechanics, engine flaws, etc.

I mean some of the tryhards out there will do things like phasewalk cap but those are exploits, not hacks.
Hoppin, The Cutest Mercenary <Death Smile>
Hoppinator (Merc), Hoppin (Sorc), Hopposites (Mara),
Hoptimal (Sin), Hopalicious (Jugg), Hopperative (Operative), Hoptimize (PT)

Draqsko
11.22.2017 , 04:32 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Gogopher View Post
actually i find that most people who are saying hacking doesnt exist are the very people running speed hacks and such...makes more sense for them drum up conspiracy theory bs...in life the people most in denial about a subject are most likely to be the ones doing it...hacks and cheats exist and since swtor is a dying game the mods and devs dont do squat about it...u see it in pvp all the time

the whole get gud thing is just cheat speak for "Lulz i just pawned u with my hack and there is nothing u can do about it"
Here's how to speed hack:

Roll Marauder or Sentinel, take your pick, side doesn't matter. Level up a bit, can't remember which level you get it but eventually you'll get an ability called Predation (for Marauders) or Transcendence (for Sentinels), and with the Masterful Utility Relentless/Ardor you can use it without fury/centering and with the Heroic Utility Unbound/Fleetfooted you go faster. There, speed hack for your entire team (within 40m) every 30 seconds.

There's also utilities in other classes that do similar things for that class, for example guardian has 2 good speed buffs, one on Combat Focus and other on Focused Defense, a moderate one on Freezing Force, and a root break on Blade Blitz. And you can pick all of them legitimately, and basically run at +35%/+70% the entire match, as a guardian. No speed hack there either.

Bird_of_Thunder
11.22.2017 , 01:10 PM | #17
I'm gonna assume you were on Queshball and just notify you that the pipes don't work very well. You might've gotten pulled back by one of your tanks though, or a lagspike hit and you were repositioned
Drazir
Carnage Marauder
Ebon Hawk, U.S --> Star Forge, U.S.

Gogopher
11.22.2017 , 03:15 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Draqsko View Post
Here's how to speed hack:

Roll Marauder or Sentinel, take your pick, side doesn't matter. Level up a bit, can't remember which level you get it but eventually you'll get an ability called Predation (for Marauders) or Transcendence (for Sentinels), and with the Masterful Utility Relentless/Ardor you can use it without fury/centering and with the Heroic Utility Unbound/Fleetfooted you go faster. There, speed hack for your entire team (within 40m) every 30 seconds.

There's also utilities in other classes that do similar things for that class, for example guardian has 2 good speed buffs, one on Combat Focus and other on Focused Defense, a moderate one on Freezing Force, and a root break on Blade Blitz. And you can pick all of them legitimately, and basically run at +35%/+70% the entire match, as a guardian. No speed hack there either.
its hillarious to read these responses and the utter assumption i have no idea what im talking about...i have played since beta...have every single sith class (yeah i have a maur, jugg, pt, bh, sin, inq, op, sniper...etc...) all at cap and all pvp as their primary lvling mechanism and then futher play at cap for funish...nothing u say here is relevant to me and yeah i can identify the diff between a jug tank speed buffing his whole team and maur with his speed buffs going vs a true speed hack...

a good example of the naive attitude about pvp hacks is some player in the forums stated he had never seen hacking except for operatives rolling twice in a row..and he attributed it to positional lag..now we all know that all operatives can as a class feature roll twice in a row with a 10sec cd...so pardon me while i dont give a **** about his opinio

TrixxieTriss
11.22.2017 , 07:37 PM | #19
Necro’d thread.

Regardless I need to say I came up against a hacker in lowbie arena yesterday. He was using the map exploit to get outside the map so we couldn’t kill him and neither could the green crap. He wasted both ours and his own teams time for both rounds. We killed their whole team in 20-30secs and then had to wait the rest of the time for this fool.

Aeneas_Falco
11.22.2017 , 08:31 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoppinswtor View Post
in 3 years of playing this game I haven't seen anyone hack in regs

people who accuse others of hacking in a reg are just not well versed in all of the finer details of classes, mechanics, engine flaws, etc.

I mean some of the tryhards out there will do things like phasewalk cap but those are exploits, not hacks.
I've seen it three times, and all were fairly recent. All three were also by a notorious hacker who used to post videos of his hacking matches on the forums (he was banned several times for it), or by someone else using a variation of prior logins he used. His name begins with a J. If you've been active on the forums for awhile you probably know who I'm referring to.

In one match he capped mid at Alderaan before our team was still on the speeders at the start of a match. He was then clipping into the walls at mid so he couldn't be targeted but was still spamming AOE to break cap attempts. The other was a Voidstar match he capped a door from the far side of the door, and likewise couldn't be targeted. He also announced his presence at the start of match by laying down an AOE inside the start point for the opposing team before the match had even started. I was on his team for the third match and he kept capping the enemy's node in Ancient Hypergate, saying in Ops chat that he didn't need any help holding it, and he was holding it by doing the same clipping hack he had used in Alderaan. He was also using a hack to cap the enemy's node before they got there.

Hacking definitely exists, even in regs. It just isn't anywhere near as common as some people make out, and most of the accusations of cheating boil down to people not understanding the abilities of classes they are faced with or misinterpreting errors like rubber banding as someone hacking.

I was on the receiving end of that recently in an arena where after we completely destroyed them in Round 1, one of them posted in Say, "Show me how to hack like you," or something to that effect. There were no hacks, they just got outplayed. I don't know specifically what the person was referring to but assume since it was a Sorc healer that posted it, that he or she didn't understand that electro net won't let them phase walk or bubble. (I was on a Merc and myself along with an Assassin teammate globaled him/her)