Looking for advice - Just returned

PlasticCupMan

So I've literally just started playing again, last time I logged in was pre 1.2 so I've missed quite a bit

Back in the beginning slicing was seriously lucrative so I grabbed it on 2 chars, then after the nerfs I considered dropping them but ended up not playing.

So I now have 400 slicing on 2 chars and am not sure what its actually useful for, any advice on this front?

So I've literally just started playing again, last time I logged in was pre 1.2 so I've missed quite a bit

Back in the beginning slicing was seriously lucrative so I grabbed it on 2 chars, then after the nerfs I considered dropping them but ended up not playing.

So I now have 400 slicing on 2 chars and am not sure what its actually useful for, any advice on this front?

My friend has slicing and she gets me the tech stuff I need to make the augments and from my understanding that stuff is going to be needed when 1.3. goes life for the augment kits.

My friend has slicing and she gets me the tech stuff I need to make the augments and from my understanding that stuff is going to be needed when 1.3. goes life for the augment kits.

Aye, that is true. Only problem is, the success rate on those purple tech seems very, very low.

To give you a sense, I am Slicing 400 and I am using 2 10k Affection companions and 1 10k Affection companion with +2 Slicing Critical and I am running all 3 Slicing Parts missions back-to-back all day (and night, heh) and I am getting about 4-6 parts in 2 days worth.

keep it, keep running missions, make credits and sell the missions, hoard them for 1.3 and then buy everything you need.

In case one of your characters (or both) is a non-foce class pick either armormech or armstech +scavenging and level it up so you can make augments.