Suggesting Reverse Engineering "Slaughter Rule"

Syron

No, then everyone will have said schematic on a schedule and now the product will be of less value. Also, the RNG crafting is a perfect time and money sink and is keeping the economy for going out of wack/inflation. Edited by MakuBenjami

i agree doing the same schematic over and over again and get nothing is anoying,

what id like to see is a legacy option that much like the "critical" boost you will get in 1.3,

that also much similar boosts the chance for learning schematics from perhaps, 20% to 30 or 40%

any idea of feedback to that idea?

No, then everyone will have said schematic on a schedule and now the product will be of less value. Also, the RNG crafting is a perfect time and money sink and is keeping the economy for going out of wack/inflation.

You what.. if nobody bothers to make items beucase it takes ages, 90% of schems are pointless or duplicates and the item produced costs more than it will sell for then what economy is there.

All op is saying is add a counter to the crafting to give you a break if you have a large amount of fails. Something greg suggested himself i might add in a forum dev post.

The problem is crafting needs a massive revamp there just no point defending it in any form or fashion, its just been moved to the bottom of a very large to do list. which sucks.

Hi OP:

So if a random number generator gives you too many bad results, you want it changed?

OK, sounds fair to me.

I vote to send this post straight to the devs.

(but only for you, and don't tell anyone else, hehe)

I don't think it's silly. They already kinda doing it with the augment kits mats for 1.3.

You craft something that could get an augment slot. You weren't lucky enough to get one ? Well, you RE the failed attempt and get something in return. You do that a fixed number times and you get to create and slot regardless of bad luck. I don't see many people crying over the loss of RNG God. If there's complaining, is because not all crafting professions will be able to do that.

Learning a schematic is a dumb process. Adding a counter of some sort, or a very small increase in its chance would prevent from being struck by a god awful streak of bad luck. That's not unreasonable. It's not like asking, "hey, we wipe 30 times against Zorn and Toth, and the 31 is an automatic win"

Edited by wainot-keel

Learning a schematic is a dumb process. Adding a counter of some sort, or a very small increase in its chance would prevent from being struck by a god awful streak of bad luck. That's not unreasonable. It's not like asking, "hey, we wipe 30 times against Zorn and Toth, and the 31 is an automatic win"

In theory, this is definitely a reasonable request, however from a technical perspective, I can forsee a major issue with implementing a system like this.

You would have to keep track of a counter for every single schematic that can be RE'ed into an improved version. That might be kind of straightforward for items that only improve by increasing the stats, but for the items that RE into new items with an extra stat, like synthweaving and armormech items, the amount of unique items you are keeping track of can skyrocket.

In either case, when you are tracking this information for every character on every account, it does require a signficant amount of database storage. Its not impossible to do something like this, but in order to come up with something that is efficient and would work in a practical MMO situation, its quite an technical undertaking.

In theory, this is definitely a reasonable request, however from a technical perspective, I can forsee a major issue with implementing a system like this.

You would have to keep track of a counter for every single schematic that can be RE'ed into an improved version. That might be kind of straightforward for items that only improve by increasing the stats, but for the items that RE into new items with an extra stat, like synthweaving and armormech items, the amount of unique items you are keeping track of can skyrocket.

In either case, when you are tracking this information for every character on every account, it does require a signficant amount of database storage. Its not impossible to do something like this, but in order to come up with something that is efficient and would work in a practical MMO situation, its quite an technical undertaking.

One easy solution to your problem, would be don't keep track of every item for every character. Only keep track of one item for any character that is logged in.

Log out, your counter resets, switch to a different schematic, counter resets.

Also this really would be nice for Artifice, Biochem, Cybertech, and Armstech for the stat increase schematics, but wouldn't really be needed for them. No one really complains that they crafted 50 Blue Endurance color crystals and didn't get the right schematic. You might not get one when you think you should, but you don't get a completely useless item either.

Getting a Medium armor item with shield and/or absorb on them would be completely useless. Of course I don't think that will ever get fixed unless they completely rework the random stats generator that creates Assault cannons with cunning.