10% R/E chance is stupid

clearsighted

All right. So about 300 electrum, polyplast, who knows how much blue 5 compounds later...I still haven't managed to get an advanced schematic for a measly lvl 41 vibroknife.

I've probably had about 25 fail to give a purple schematic at this point. It's just ridiculous. The minimum lowest should be 15 or 20%. Each Investigation mission is nearly 45 minutes long as well. So it's just days and days of effort. Repeatedly logging into to R/E five at a time and getting nothing.

Before 1.2 there was some that was on 4-5 % chance on RE.

I do a lot of augments atm and there is 20% and normally i get it when i RE 4-5 sometimes I do it on the first. BUT in some cases it can take more then 10 to get even a blue schem. thats the thin with chance. it is 20 or 10 % chance on each one. you have to RE maybe 100-1000 to get a fair evaluation of each schematic =)

Each attempt still has the same 20% for a successful RE. Technically it's a 1 in 5 attempts success rate but previous failures does not increase the chance on the next attempt. I've revieved blue and purple schematics after 2 attempts in some cases, after 20 in others.

random number is random.

sometimes it takes you 20 tries, other times you get 3 different blue schems in 3 RE's. keep trying OP

Yup. You have to keep at it.

I have run strings of thirty plus tries to get a blue at a 20% rate and then hit the purple within the first two or three shots at a 10% rate. The same is true with adding augment slots.

Op is right ... mainly becuase of the out dated items you can uncover.. And how mesy it is when you do. Ie: half the stuff you spend ages getting ie: General Or leadership no one wants... EVER... its not even like maybe someone wants a little bit of presence.. NO one...

The whole system needs to be revamped, and the community needs to be at least told that at some point it will get a look at, we dont mind waiting as long as its at least on someones radar thats its rubbish...

I WANT to enjoy uncovering and REing stuff to uncover new schems but its sooo out of date its basically pointless. Spending all that time just to uncover something no one wants or even if someone does want it no one is willing to pay the price you HAVE to charge to justify all the ingrediant cost and time thats gone into making it.

I must have 200 + unlocked now of blues and purples nearly everything in cybertec and artifice.

Ie if i have to spend 10 + missions just to get 4 mandalorion iron... I would like a decent return on that but no i have to price at at 30 - 40k just to get a sale... Its rediculus ..

The developers have ignored crafting for tooo long.... I just cannot be arsed anymore, my servers lost a crafter who used to post 250 plus items.. becuase of the tidium of having to relist, every 2 days and only 50 at a time. beucase of the rubbish returns on missions and not being able to que them up. And at the shere volume of pointless duplicates and worthless items you have left over in the crafting system which we uncover and find out its the same as another or basically used by nothing. And at the lazyness that you cant be bothered to add the new system that you have at being able to RE new items , and back date it to older items already available, ie Revitalising the old items. And at ignore / casting aside items like rakata relics etc, some people actually still think they are a highlight of a crafting proffesion. If The system you have built cannot handle everyone learning that many schemes then you need to abandon it now and think of something else dont just ignore the old system and say "its all ok becuase weve fixed it with the 10 new items you can learn at blackhole level" ...

Dont say that its a crafting system designed not to be top level but to support leveling players and slap us with a 2 day listing time limit and a 50 limit max, when the only thing people buy are low priced blues... becuase no one can afford the cost of a purple becuase of the high cost to make it...

Developers have there heads in the clouds...

I once went so far into RE'ing blue to purple I started to lose all hope, but kept going out of perversity. I think I had a streak of 44 with no RE's before I finally got it.

A few days later I was doing blue purple at got three sucessful RE's (10% chance) IN-A-ROW.

Without doing the math, I would guess that the odds of going 44 with no RE are comparable to getting 3 in a row.

Over the life my crafting career across 5 alts, 20% averages to 20% and 10% averages to 10%.

If you hit a bad streak you can either give up or keep going. It all averages out if you spend enough time on it.

Each attempt still has the same 20% for a successful RE. Technically it's a 1 in 5 attempts success rate but previous failures does not increase the chance on the next attempt. I've revieved blue and purple schematics after 2 attempts in some cases, after 20 in others.

Cybertech, Artifice, or possibly Biochem I take it? Only linear RE's have 20% across the board. Tier 2 RE's (redoubt/overkill/critical to whatever) have 10% across the board. Which really makes sense. Not only do you have a lower chance of success, but when you finally DO succeed, in most peoples opinion, you only have a 1 in 4 or 1 in 5 chance of getting a worthwhile prefix out of it. (Yeah, I think the linear ones should have been 10%, and the tiered one should have stayed 20%... or possibly even bumped up to 30%.)