Diplomacy

Xarbide

Okay, I've got Diplomacy maxed out and am finding myself a wee bit frustrated by how many dark side missions there are as opposed to light side (on my Jedi Shadow), as when missions result in dark side point accumulation, my character takes a fairly substantial hit to endurance / hit points (to the tune of more than 1,000 hit points), and this affects my ability to play.

When this happens, I have to try and only do light side missions to get my light side points back up, but sometimes they are not even available, and so I have to go further into dark side corruption to get the light side missions to show up on the list. For instance, right now my character is 144 on the dark side, and only two missions are available for 30 points each on the light side, so it will be some time before I am able to get my hit points back.

I'm not sure what else dark side corruption affects character wise, but my character is noticeably weaker as a result, and it seems to me that the effect of dark side corruption on a light side character should be lessened or manifested in a way that does not interfere with actual gameplay.

Perhaps OP has some Light X gear and is dropping below the threshold to qualify to use that gear and is thus losing endurance/main stat points? That's the only debuff I could think of that would affect this.

Perhaps OP has some Light X gear and is dropping below the threshold to qualify to use that gear and is thus losing endurance/main stat points? That's the only debuff I could think of that would affect this.

I considered that, but he's 144 points into the darkside meaning he's neutral, and the only lowbie gear that still requires a side is relics.

Some time ago, BW made a decision to adjust diplomacy missions availability based on faction.

Many missions' flavour text indicated working for the republic or working for the imperials. Lore alone there were missions where a republic character was working for the imperials and vice versa. Treachery/Treason essentially. This was excluding whatever alignment gain the mission resulted.

So when BW divided the missions amongst republic and imperials based on the flavour text it resulted in the republic getting predominantly darkside tier 6 missions and imperials getting predominantly lightside missions.

This happens in earlier tiers where one faction gets all/almost all the rich/bountiful and the other almost none.

Messed up to say the least. /golfclaps all round.

What they should have done is split the lightside/darkside rich/bountiful/abundant/moderate evenly between imperial and repub and then split the missions flavour texts and mission names across each making it nice and fair instead of the abomination they have now.

Edited by Spaj

I considered that, but he's 144 points into the darkside meaning he's neutral, and the only lowbie gear that still requires a side is relics.

I'm assuming that he means that he has 144 darkside points, not that that is his overall balance (if he's maxed diplomacy, he's got to have more points than that). If you're maxed on lightside points and accidentally do one darkside mission, you're no longer Light V, since there's no buffer. I managed to do exactly that twice by running missions for companion gifts while not yet awake.

As with all mission selection lists, if you change zones in the game, or log out and back in, the list will reset and you may be offered more of the missions you want.

Does this still work? It always makes me mad when trying to get UT rank 5 metals because those missions are so hard to come by.

What they should have done is split the lightside/darkside rich/bountiful/abundant/moderate evenly between imperial and repub and then split the missions flavour texts and mission names across each making it nice and fair instead of the abomination they have now.

No, they should have just made the flavor text faction agnostic, or made factional versions of the flavor text, or simply not cared what the heck the flavor text says. After the first grade or 2, I stopped reading them anyways, and I expect most others did as well.

Does this still work? It always makes me mad when trying to get UT rank 5 metals because those missions are so hard to come by.

Yes it does, though it has to be a zone change that invokes a loading screen. So the fade to black when you go from the main ring to your starship hanger doesn't count, but entering the starship does. This also means that starting a space combat mission will do it as well, but that's not very useful because then you're paying to reset it, unless you were going to do the space combat mission anyway.

That's funny I usually need lower tier UWT metals so I often get tier 5 rich and bountiful missions to spite me. Doing a quick 3 minute gift mission rerolls your list too, and it may just be random but I feel like I get more metal missions after I do a gift one.

Hmm, well I don't know. All of my gear is orange / purple except for the two blue relics I have. But it is true that when I take dark side points, my hit points / endurance drops.

So is there a reason for this, or might this be a rare but pesky character bug?

Edit: Oh, by the way, my character is a level 50 Jedi Shadow with maxed archaeology and diplomacy.

Edited by Xarbide
More information

Hmm, well I don't know. All of my gear is orange / purple except for the two blue relics I have. But it is true that when I take dark side points, my hit points / endurance drops.

Edit: Oh, by the way, my character is a level 50 Jedi Shadow with maxed archaeology and diplomacy.

Do the blue relics require you to have light 5?

Your relics probably need light V to operate, if you take a darkside mission you will lose light V and the items will stop working. If they are about 50 endurance each, common for blue level 50 ones, you would lose about 1000 health. You really should avoid such missions and try to regenerate the list (by zoning) when there are not enough lightside ones.

Your relics probably need light V to operate, if you take a darkside mission you will lose light V and the items will stop working. If they are about 50 endurance each, common for blue level 50 ones, you would lose about 1000 health. You really should avoid such missions and try to regenerate the list (by zoning) when there are not enough lightside ones.

Or get purple relics, he is 50 after all.

Ah okay, the relics requiring light 5 makes sense. But thanks to the insight here, it's no longer a problem. I found that logging out and back in does reset the list.

Thanks, folks.

We the light side have no rich Med grade 3 missions....... cant even make stuff that uses Epic grade 3 in the game since 1.2. Bio get off your blank and fix this.

You do realize you don't need rich missions to get purple mats, right? I admit, the whole fubar about restricting missions to certain factions in diplo sucks, and needs to be fixed, but you can still make purple stuff without rich missions. ANY mission can give purple mats, yield only affects how many are returned, just like with the normal blue mats.

Why don't you guys just BUY the blue/purple crafting missions from the GTN and do them? They guarantee blue and purple mats and the cost of buying the item is usually far less than the worth of the mats you get.

For example, 340 diplo missions cost about 10k at most. The radioactive paste you get sells for about 5k each and you get 4. So just from that you just made 10k.

• 2 weeks later...
You do realize you don't need rich missions to get purple mats, right?

The other problem is that BW skewed the mission distributions when they made the change too (reference). You'd have to get lucky with the randomizer or play the 3min gift game (or zone/log/whatever) to actually see a Medical Supply mission in some cases. Grade 4 doesn't sound as bad, but the quality difference is present (Rich vs Moderate).

Grade 2 Imperial: 3/10 are med

Grade 2 Republic: 7/10 are med

Grade 3 Imperial: 6/12 are med

Grade 3 Republic: 4/12 are med

Grade 4 Imperial: 8/16 are med

Grade 4 Republic: 8/16 are med