Whatever happened to the Foundry?

dark_wolf

As far as I know the Empire claimed it from Revan during the Foundry flashpoints and Magus mentions using it for the war effort, but as far as I know we don't see it used or mentioned ingame after that point. It doesn't make sense for the Empire to waste such a resource especially considering that they are losing the war right now.

As far as I know the Empire claimed it from Revan during the Foundry flashpoints and Magus mentions using it for the war effort, but as far as I know we don't see it used or mentioned ingame after that point. It doesn't make sense for the Empire to waste such a resource especially considering that they are losing the war right now.

Spoilers for False Emperor Flashpoint and the end of the Ilum quest-line (play through those if you want your answer without being spoiled):

Malgus had the Foundry integrated into the Emperor's Space Station (by his allies in the the Anomid's Schism Collective) before he took control of the station as the headquarters of his New Empire. When the station is destroyed at the end of the False Emperor Flashpoint, it takes the integrated Foundry technology with it.

Edited by DarthDymond

Malgus claims he had "harnessed" -- with the Schism Collective's help -- the Foundry's power.

As such, seeing that the Foundry was initially built into an asteroid, and they probably weren't too keen on moving it around, the Schism Collective must have somehow "disassembled" its main components and incorporated them into the Emperor's Space Station.

I know it's not the greatest explanation or anything but that's what I always came to assume.

Edited by Darth_Wicked