Take class restrictions off weapons?

GoldSting

I would love it, just for looks, if I could have my characters use a weapon not assigned by class. I imagine it could work the same as being unarmed, so you wouldn't be able to use some class abilities. I would even be willing to buy an unlock from some random vendor or with cartel coins.

I would love it, just for looks, if I could have my characters use a weapon not assigned by class. I imagine it could work the same as being unarmed, so you wouldn't be able to use some class abilities. I would even be willing to buy an unlock from some random vendor or with cartel coins.

Hell NO

Really, there would be little or no change to any gameplay mechanics, and all changes would be aesthetical.

Are you referring to removing weapon proficiencies so any class can wield any weapon?

If so, I'm really not sure where you get that above assumption from. Just imagine a Marauder dual wielding... blasters? Now imagine what that Marauder's Gore, Rupture, Battering Assault, Dual "Saber" Throw animations would look like......

Really, there would be little or no change to any gameplay mechanics, and all changes would be aesthetical.

Except, you know... Stat differences, proficiency issues, mellee classes using ranged weapons... these are huge coding changes, huge design changes. It's already been states this won't happen. Thankfully.

While this would be cool, it's not feasible. At all.

If any class could wield any weapon that would be a major change to the gameplay mechanics. There are certain abilities tied into the weapons for certain classes and not being able to use that ability would be a problem especially in flashpoints, hard modes and operations.

*facepalm*

• 6 years later...

Yeah, I liked it better in the beginning when force users could

Equip any saber style they choose. Tho they would be limited to just a base attack if its not your class weapon, sometimes that's really all you need to use to kill enemies. Unless of course you implement forced level scaling and will usually need to use your class skills to fight with... Which by the way is the stupidest s*** to ever force on an RPG.. I get why its added but I don't get why it isint left up to the player to decide if they need to use it or not.. Sometimes its fun to overpower every enemy with ease. Its the whole reason a player puts in hours of time grinding to achieve that kinda power.. Every fight experience being the same at level 50 as it is at level 2 has no place in any RPG unless the player decides they want a challenge for a while in which case they can flip the switch

To satisfy this desire. I know equipment upgrades keep you ahead but that is no substitute for the real powerful feeling that's earned from the devoted time .. Unfortunately I know bioware couldn't care less about what we want so even saying anything is stupid on my part. Nothing will ever change, I imagine things will only get worse from here. But its their game if they wanna piss it away then by all means do it with bells on.. They could could really learn a thing or two from the world of Warcraft. They have gotten by just fine without a forced scaling player raper..

You should see the utter mess that is my dual wielding Gammorean Axe Marauder. Which over the years has worsened in gameplay to the crystals extending out the ends during combat as though they're lightsabers. And then the cutscenes, striking down a foe and missing them by 3 or so feet like an old 60s action TV show, striking with the back of the blade.

This was a weapon actually designed to be used for lightsaber/vibrosword wielding classes. They look good on my hips now, little else.

I would LOVE class restrictions off weapons, I'm tired of toting a rifle that only fires 10 meters, which AMOST reaches the range of this thing https://nerf.hasbro.com/en-us/super-soaker

So Yes! Let me load up new weapons have my 4-meter and 10-meter limitations converted to 30 meters! Yes!

Oh, and while we're at it, I'd like to dual-wield two dual-wield light sabers, one each in hand. 4 blades! Yes!