Crafting Changes in Fallen Empire

TaitWatson

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First

To match the above listed changes. Augments have been reduced to 8 tiers. The MK8 Augment Kit is now the highest Augment Kit. Existing MK9 and MK11 Kits will turn into MK8 when Fallen Empire launches.

Buy up all those 10-20k MK-9 kits while you can boys.

Edited by Jinre_the_Jedi

All previously reusable Biochem Consumables are no longer reusable. This is to balance the crafting skill with others and to encourage a market of these crafted items.

You're seriously going to take this away although it's nowhere near the best? I can see if you couldn't craft them anymore, but why can't we keep what we have?

Just to confirm my understanding is correct, you can reverse engineer story mode operations gear to obtain hard mode gear schematics, correct?

You can craft story-mode-grade items, reverse engineer them, and know to craft hard-mode-grade ones.

Reverse engineering ops gear (looted in ops) works only on mods, in order to obtain them.

So... the Artifice... what does Artifice do now? Dyes? Because we can't craft relics either.

We can't no more craft green grenades. We'll have to combine many elements to craft each blue grenade.

The whole component system... how's that easy to understand?

How are we supposed to use the old schematics since all the materials get converted?

And to craft, we apparently have to meet conquest goals, cause the special materials come from a conquest?

That's on top of re-purchasing every schematic in the game?!

Wow. I am enjoying the changes already.

Ease the barrier of entry, making Crafting easier to understand for our newer players.

This is the goal?

Nearly all schematics require a new Premium (green) crafting material called a Component. This new Component is made by combining two existing crafting materials along with two vendor purchased materials, all of which are of the same Grade as the component. A unique Component exists for each skill and each Grade.

Example: An Armormech crafter wants to craft a Grade 6 Chest Piece (Level 46). This is a Prototype (blue) quality armor and requires 4 Ciridium and 4 Durasteel Armor Assembly Components. The player will need 2 Durasteel, 2 Zal Alloy, and 2 Thermoplast Flux to craft each component. Once they have the 4 Components and 4 Ciridum from Underworld Trading, they will be able to craft their chest piece.

So you add sub-components? And that's makes things easier how? :jawa_evil:

Not sure how I feel about this change personally due to the fact I have a LOT of cybertech's who now will have to change to other crew skills hell I have many non Jedi/sith character's who will be using synthweaving for the armoring's (I play dps solely) but I'm willing to give it a shot all mmo's eventually evolve so we as player's have to be willing to adapt to those changes.

Why you hate cybertech so much? I mean, you removed all the armorings, all the droid armor and what you gave instead? Some enhancements?!

It does not makes up for the loss of two things we could craft. If you took droid armor away, at least have some decency to add some cosmetic shells of cybernetic armor for players. It won't make up for it, but it would be at least something.

Not to mention that artifice got nothing to replace enhancements at all.

The changes to operations gear crafting are total BS.

The only way to craft them is buy them at the vendor (instead of earning the schematics by actually doing ops) then farm conquest (which means tons of pvp because that's the only repeatable option) for mats instead of running operations.

That's just as silly as saying that all operations bosses now have a chance to drop a recipe for pvp gear.

Neither this change nor the component thing make crafting any easier.

Sub-components will be immensely unpopular.

Reducing the number of materials per grade will be popular (storage issues will be helped).

Shifting what skills craft armoring and enhancements doesn't make a lot of sense. I suspect it will be unpopular, as it seems to effectively un-do a lot of progress and effort put into advancing those skills.

Does the news about REing mean that you no longer have a chance to learn an advanced schematic from REing an item? That's what it sounds like, but it is unclear from this blog.

Will enhancements still be in archive for artificers? Seems strange old schemes are going away.

Will Rakata Stim/Arden/Medpacks be included in the removed reusables?

Do we have two different purple crafting mats for SM and HM gear? Or personal conquest reward be the only way to get?

Will the personal conquest mat be Legacy bound or even salable on gtn?

Well, Synthweaving will finally be useful.

Im glad the crafting materials are being consolidated, but can we get bigger stack sizes please? How about 200 instead of 99?

I'm very pleased that operation gear will be craftable by us solo players who don't do operations but do everything else in the game.

I have a somewhat different question:

What happens with the "Gathering Decorations" (current conquest reward) which produce the materials being removed in 4.0 (for example, Neutronium Speeder Parts)? What happens with the Prestige which they provide(d)? And if they and their associated Prestige are being removed, will that have any influence on previously obtained Prestige Achievements?