This oversight killed the game for me

celldoom

The inoculation upon arriving on Quesh. You can't go down to the planet unless you get it and you can't get it unless you're lvl 33. One thing i wanted to do is to experience every single class story in the game and keep the characters i wanna play.

Knowing that i can't just do the storyline quests with a lvl 50 friend boosting me and being forced to lvl to 33 just to get through the Quesh shuttle simply killed it for me, so yeah i'm just waiting for the free 30 days to run off and i'm not subbing.

I know people don't care about it but i'll lay it down anyway cus i feel like it. It's just like EVE Online - i love the game, i love the setting but there are those gameplay "gates" that the devs put on the game that simply kill the enjoyment.

TLDR: I wanted to just do class quests with a lvl 50 friend boosting me, complete the whole story, unlock all companions and gring their affection to 10k/10k for the legacy unlocks thing. But i cant do it because ill have to lvl to 33 just to get past the Quesh but i cant be arsed to lvl up.

Edited by celldoom

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knowing that i can't just do the storyline quests with a lvl 50 friend boosting me and being forced to lvl to 33 just to get through the Quesh shuttle simply killed it for me, so yeah i'm just waiting for the free 30 days to run off and i'm not subbing.

Good bye lazy friend

The inoculation upon arriving on Quesh. You can't go down to the planet unless you get it and you can't get it unless you're lvl 33. One thing i wanted to do is to experience every single class story in the game and keep the characters i wanna play.

I know people don't care about it but i'll lay it down anyway cus i feel like it. It's just like EVE Online - i love the game, i love the setting but there are those gameplay "gates" that the devs put on the game that simply kill the enjoyment.

So, let me see if I understand your complaint.

You're upset that you aren't able to go to a zone that's a much higher level than what your character currently is? Is that what you're seriously saying? That the game has put in some form of barrier to prevent you from visiting a questing zone that's above your current level?

Really?

Edited by Kharnis

So, let me see if I understand your complaint.

You're upset that you aren't able to go to a zone that's a much higher level than what your character currently is? Is that what you're seriously saying? That the game has put in some form of barrier to prevent you from visiting a questing zone that's above your current level?

Really?

No, i don't do the zones, i only do the class quests. Im supposed to be able to go to any planet but there is this thing on Quesh (and only Quesh) that doesnt let me land.

Good bye lazy friend
You realise i have to do it over like 5 classes? It's not being lazy, i realy cba doing the same s**t over and over. Edited by celldoom

What is this?

You're actually complaining about an area wanting you to be a certain level before you join? And you don't see why they would possibly do this?

Again, the fact that it wont let me land has nothing to do with the area being to high level, i think its just an oversight. I can land on any other planet but this just because of a lore quest that isnt skippable. This only happens on quesh and nowhere else.

Again, the fact that it wont let me land has nothing to do with the area being to high level, i think its just an oversight. I can land on any other planet but this just because of a lore quest that isnt skippable. This only happens on quesh and nowhere else.

You're right, they should have something where you have to be a certain level to get onto any planet. Being level 33 isn't even within level range of the planet you tried to land on.

Someone just realized the game gives no freedom and you can't do anything that deviates from what BioWare wants you to do.

Really? Really? You think that this, this one thing, proves that there's no freedom?

Edited by MikelGoff

TLDR: I wanted to just do class quests with a lvl 50 friend boosting me, complete the whole story, unlock all companions and gring their affection to 10k/10k for the legacy unlocks thing. But i cant do it because ill have to lvl to 33 just to get past the Quesh but i cant be arsed to lvl up.

So because you need an inoculation to go onto a planet that has poisonus air due to what is being harvested there, it ruins your experience.

I think its only down fall is that it did not follow through with the required shot. Make so that when you got the shot you had a buff for an hour or two. And when it ran out you got a debuff that caused you to take more damage, heal slower, or move slower. Thus making it required to get additional shots. This would of added more to the immersion for me personally.

Just my opinion.

No, i don't do the zones, i only do the class quests. Im supposed to be able to go to any planet but there is this thing on Quesh (and only Quesh) that doesnt let me land.

You realise i have to do it over like 5 classes? It's not being lazy, i realy cba doing the same s**t over and over.

No, YOUR Buddy does the Class quests, you just tag along for free xp (your words)

Knowing that i can't just do the storyline quests with a lvl 50 friend boosting me .

Yeah, while I routinely stick up for those upset with game.

You dont have a foot to stand on about this.

Had a friend get locked out of Quesh last night cause of this limitation, his reaction is to unlock the planet, yours is to quit!

Cyas

So because you need an inoculation to go onto a planet that has poisonus air due to what is being harvested there, it ruins your experience.

I think its only down fall is that it did not follow through with the required shot. Make so that when you got the shot you had a buff for an hour or two. And when it ran out you got a debuff that caused you to take more damage, heal slower, or move slower. Thus making it required to get additional shots. This would of added more to the immersion for me personally.

Just my opinion.

Yeah, as MikelGoff said the quest level requirement isnt even within the planet level range. Its a design oversight (or bad intended design) to have this.

No, YOUR Buddy does the Class quests, you just tag along for free xp (your words)

Yeah, while I routinely stick up for those upset with game.

You dont have a foot to stand on about this.

Had a friend get locked out of Quesh last night cause of this limitation, his reaction is to unlock the planet, yours is to quit!

Cyas

You do realise am "forced" to level 5 characters to 33 because of this "gate"? That i am forced to farm a three lvl50-worth of EXP just to get this single limitation? Sorry but no.

I love the class quests, i realy do. I love what Bioware made with them. I just wish there were no limits like this.

Edited by celldoom

You're not forced to do anything other than level each character that you want to go to Quesh with to 33. It isn't hard, it doesn't take much.
You're right, it's not hard. I despise leveling. I hate the mechanic. It was alot of fun the first time on either faction. Doing it again is extremely boring. That is why i wanted to only do class quests and skip leveling alogether because that was the only realy fun thing left to do in the game for me.

Yeah, as MikelGoff said the quest level requirement isnt even within the planet level range. Its a design oversight (or bad intended design) to have this.

You do realise am "forced" to level 5 characters to 33 because of this "gate"? That i am forced to farm a three lvl50-worth of EXP just to get this single limitation? Sorry but no.

I love the class quests, i realy do. I love what Bioware made with them. I just wish there were no limits like this.

You know, I really hate to be one of those guys who uses an overly-used meme, but you keep using that word "oversight..."

You know, I really hate to be one of those guys who uses an overly-used meme, but you keep using that word "oversight..."
I did not participate in this game's development, i don't know what it is. But as i said before it feels like an ovesight, i think it is, it is my personal view on it and unless a dev comes here and actually comments on it stating otherwise i'll keep on the same track.

Seriously? That's the game breaker for you? A "working as intended" phase in the game that just happens to be a inconvienence to a person trying to get dragged through content they shouldn't be in? It wasn't the other long list of things this game missed/bugged since launch?

Can't really blame the game if your not playing it the way it is intended. I'm not saying your lazy cause your having your friend power force you through content faster, but I will call you stu-pid for complaining you can't skip NEEDED content.

Honestly, you said you were wanting to go through all the classes and "experience" their stories.....how you plan to do that having a friend blast you through content you shouldn't even be at. Your experiencing nothing.

You're right, it's not hard. I despise leveling. I hate the mechanic. It was alot of fun the first time on either faction. Doing it again is extremely boring. That is why i wanted to only do class quests and skip leveling alogether because that was the only realy fun thing left to do in the game for me.

Then most MMOs are not for you, since the system is based completely around leveling.

This is hilarious. People really will complain about anything. And in this case, they'll complain about having to lvl up, instead of getting walked through their class story by someone much higher lvl then them.

If this is how you treat lvling in most MMOGs? Then MMOGs are not for you.

Edited by TheGreatEski

You win todays coveted Fur Lined Bathtub for this pathetic whining post.