Why are the event activated

Hexxas

why are the event activated when we are not allowed to complete the droides quest

this is typical bioware / EA games , lunching something that does not work

Once again i SAY "test the damm thing before release it "

this not first time this **** has happent and its pissing me off

that you havent learn anything at all

why are the event activated when we are not allowed to complete the droides quest

this is typical bioware / EA games , lunching something that does not work

Once again i SAY "test the damm thing before release it "

this not first time this **** has happent and its pissing me off

that you havent learn anything at all

They're artificially extending the life of this event. Its to stop people burning through it in one night (and you know people will).

What happens after people get it done in one night? they spend the next 6 complaining about new content.

look at it this way if those three quests was not there, you would be aimlessly looking round the planets looking for items that are not there

then you would be on here QQ'ing that they never put the items in and you spent how ever long looking for them

so ether way BW lose out

by the looks of it the will roll them out over the next fre days like they did with the last event so stop wining like a baby and get on with it

Mmmm how do you know its not working? What if you need to wait 24 hours from the time you picked up the quest to complete it? I suspect its on a timer.

becouse i have 3 quest that says i have to get back to them later , and i started on thouse yester day.

and the game buggs all the time , the travel ablity shows as ready when its not , so im pretty sure it was not tested before the released it or thouse bugs i and others run into would have been fixed , and so what if you finish it on 1 day , its your loose , not the dev team.

i can tell you this , i got in on the rakghoul event late and it was on daily quest , and i didnt complete the event becouse of it , i think they have to let people quest when they can , and not on the game dev timers. after all its the gamers that pays for their wages. wiht out player there is no gaming company , with out game company , the dev. team wouldnt have a job.

Edited by Hexxas

look at it this way if those three quests was not there, you would be aimlessly looking round the planets looking for items that are not there

then you would be on here QQ'ing that they never put the items in and you spent how ever long looking for them

so ether way BW lose out

by the looks of it the will roll them out over the next fre days like they did with the last event so stop wining like a baby and get on with it

no i wouldnt , i been hunting datacons , with out QQ as you nicely put it , point is the dev team shouldnt put timers on quest in events , my reason for that it above this post

Edited by Hexxas

They're artificially extending the life of this event. Its to stop people burning through it in one night (and you know people will).

What happens after people get it done in one night? they spend the next 6 complaining about new content.

This.

people will cry either way though...

"waahhhh i can't complete the event immediately right now"

"wahhhhh i finished my event faster than anyone and now i still have nothing to do in this game."

bioware should release a cosmetic item......a comically large pacifier and a box of tissues for characters.

This is stupid. I'm at a Droid Storage Crate on DK along with about 4 or 5 others wondering why when there isa Droid Mechanic working on it and when we click on it we get the following message.

BD-11 is bing reprogrammed. Check back later when he is ready

LATER? *** IS THAT!? Is it 5 minutes? 10 minutes? a half hour? 8pm tonight? tomorrow? this friday? Come on Bioware, use your brains here! With no information (ubber vague is the same as none) and no direction, why should we even participage. Am I supposed to stop waht I'm doing on my lvl 50 dailies to fly out to DK multiple times a day to find out of Mr. Droid Mechanic is done doing his repairs?

Rhakgoul was a great event, this one however is grabage!

I wouldn't mind if BioWare does something to slow us, but the way they have chosen seems odd to me. Last time, I had at least my quest log free to do other stuff meanwhile. Also last time with a new day I knew I can progress, but with the daily resets today nothing happened. So I can understand that people feel like this might be a bug (bugs are still not especially rare in this game).

becouse i have 3 quest that says i have to get back to them later , and i started on thouse yester day.

and the game buggs all the time , the travel ablity shows as ready when its not , so im pretty sure it was not tested before the released it or thouse bugs i and others run into would have been fixed , and so what if you finish it on 1 day , its your loose , not the dev team.

i can tell you this , i got in on the rakghoul event late and it was on daily quest , and i didnt complete the event becouse of it , i think they have to let people quest when they can , and not on the game dev timers. after all its the gamers that pays for their wages. wiht out player there is no gaming company , with out game company , the dev. team wouldnt have a job.

You couldn't have done it yesterday, cause it only started today! Just do the other quests and wait till tomorrow when they will unlock more.

This is stupid. I'm at a Droid Storage Crate on DK along with about 4 or 5 others wondering why when there isa Droid Mechanic working on it and when we click on it we get the following message.

LATER? *** IS THAT!? Is it 5 minutes? 10 minutes? a half hour? 8pm tonight? tomorrow? this friday? Come on Bioware, use your brains here! With no information (ubber vague is the same as none) and no direction, why should we even participage. Am I supposed to stop waht I'm doing on my lvl 50 dailies to fly out to DK multiple times a day to find out of Mr. Droid Mechanic is done doing his repairs?

Yes, how dare they give you a temporary break from the daily grind? Amazing. People rant, cry, and throw temper tantrums like a 2-year-old over 'no content' and what do they do as soon as some is implemented? Gripe about it. Yes, burn through this as fast as possible, just like everything else, and then scream about having nothing to do.

On a happier note, thank you devs for the community event. It provides a nice reprieve from dailies.

GRRRrrrr, rar, rar...

Is everyone here grumpy or what. Why can't anyone just give an answer instead of blasting someone for asking a question. You can just easily answer them and say that the missions are timed to be unlocked later. Instead people have to blast them and call them whiners. There are people that will get upset that missions are timed SO WHAT. Instead everyone has to have a grumpyfest and blast everyone. I have never seen such a hostile community in a game.

Edited by DjDouglas

GRRRrrrr, rar, rar...

Is everyone here grumpy or what. Why can't anyone just give an answer instead of blasting someone for asking a question. You can just easily answer them and say that the missions are timed to be unlocked later. Instead people have to blast them and call them whiners. There are people that will get upset that missions are timed SO WHAT. Instead everyone has to have a grumpyfest and blast everyone. I have never seen such a hostile community in a game.

People did say it was a timed unlock, then people who were complaining responded with how stupid bioware was at giving poor QA testing and not having the journal show that the quests weren't ready.

This event was rather poorly done so far from the amount of cross planet movement to the lack of instanced areas for things like killing falaeen or whatever his name is. People will first say "people complain regardless".

It's a rather silly false dichotomy to say either everyone will complain about lack of content or people will complain about this event.

Regardless of the amount of end game content there is for any game, any content that requires you to waste a ton of time moving back and forth between two places for no reason is silly. Any content that has an arbitrary waiting period for you to finish it, that the game never explains or clarifies, is silly. These 2 factors are magnified when the content is some kind of "event" that people are going to be excited about and want to complete quickly due to their excitement.

Then they say "welcome to mmos".

I'm sure there are a lot of games that used a similar formula, that doesn't make it a good one. If a quest takes a long time because it is challenging or their is a puzzle that is great. If it takes a long time because of arbitrary movement (go to your ship, go to the fleet, go to nar shada, go to dromund kas, back to nar shada....) that is lazy design.

world events are not content, its a small time waste if anything, content would be more warzones more story more ops and so forth, a world event with only range weapons and a bleh speeder does not count for content.

I don't think this event is that good the one HUGE problem dragging it down is that u have to wait next to a droid all day just to do one quest after waiting for two hours i just gave up. Im not going to try and play this event anymore as its just become a huge waste of time. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I Agree ^_^

This event was rather poorly done so far from the amount of cross planet movement to the lack of instanced areas for things like killing falaeen or whatever his name is. People will first say "people complain regardless".

It's a rather silly false dichotomy to say either everyone will complain about lack of content or people will complain about this event.

Regardless of the amount of end game content there is for any game, any content that requires you to waste a ton of time moving back and forth between two places for no reason is silly. Any content that has an arbitrary waiting period for you to finish it, that the game never explains or clarifies, is silly. These 2 factors are magnified when the content is some kind of "event" that people are going to be excited about and want to complete quickly due to their excitement.

Then they say "welcome to mmos".

I'm sure there are a lot of games that used a similar formula, that doesn't make it a good one. If a quest takes a long time because it is challenging or their is a puzzle that is great. If it takes a long time because of arbitrary movement (go to your ship, go to the fleet, go to nar shada, go to dromund kas, back to nar shada....) that is lazy design.

I agree with this 10X.

There is a lot of these kind of quest already in the game; "go to this planet and pickup this, then go to this other planet and talk to this npc but nothing more, then go all way back from the planet you came from and talk to this npc to turn it in.

loading screen, loading screen, loading screen. No fighting just loading screens

Edited by redsovereign

The problem is not that the quest it gated. The problem is that it is not clear that it is gated. If the next lead simply said come back tomorrow people would not be sitting around spamming it for 15 minutes getting frustrated. I'm all for new ideas and extending the life of things but this event has been poorly thought out and implemented.

GRRRrrrr, rar, rar...

Because of the context and manner that they ask. If the OP had just posted a simple question, rather then ranting and raving about it then more then likely, would have received a positive response.

Because of the context and manner that they ask. If the OP had just posted a simple question, rather then ranting and raving about it then more then likely, would have received a positive response.

Look this simple.

I retired from programming and a rule of thumb is do not put out anything that does not work right.

Would you sell a car with only 3 wheels on it and tell the customer he has to wait for the forth one?

This is what happened to me with this quest line, now my quest log has to be edited to make room.

(or the car analogy would be this car is sitting and I can not drive it)

SOLUTION:

A. Increase number of Quests allowed in Quest Log.

B. Do not put out quests with a unknown timer on them.

C. Make the quest unavailable till the rest of quest is ready to be released.

D. Think ahead some for the sake of customer pleasure.

Edited by Metalmac

its sorta funny they tried hard to make it a time sink and ultimately it was a fail. why put a stop on a mission for a later date when that mission only takes 3 minutes to complete after that? really poor design imo.

one there is no way it should have been such that you had 50 people all clicking on the dame box or laser. two why combine smuggler boxes with just comms outside of only wanting to make it a little longer and bore the hell out of your customer. two why is it that the events all seem to be time sinks for very very little reward.

how about bw you focus on adding in new FP, new ops, new wz and oh most importantly making it STAR WARS as in stop using lame events to guild world pvp when you need to build a proper system for world pvp that gets people to pvp. not see people mindlessly drive by faction and just do their quest. it was hilarious watching imp and pub just standing around in conversation with an npc and just mount up and drive off.

i applaud you for adding a mini event in but honestly it was a 2 out of 10 and only a fraction of a small step to keeping your this game going for a while longer.

I am in favor of people thinking before QQing because it was obviously meant this way.

There really is nothing wrong with it either, it was the same with the rakghoul event. This time they gave us information on where the next chapter is, thats all. Grow up...