Mythic Quest on AppleTV is what I imagine Bioware is like

TrixxieTriss

Has anyone watched this show on AppleTV called Mythic Quest : Raven’s Banquet? It’s what I imagine Bioware might be like and why content often feels pulled all over the place. LoL,

If you’ve not watched it and you have access to AppleTV, it’s worth a look for a laugh. I’m only on the pilot episode, but I can’t stop laughing at the personalities and office politics and personal agendas.

Edit: here’s a link.

Edit 2: the more episodes I watch, the more I’m sure they used EWare as their inspiration.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Has anyone watched this show on AppleTV called Mythic Quest : Raven’s Banquet? It’s what I imagine Bioware might be like and why content often feels pulled all over the place. LoL,

If you’ve not watched it and you have access to AppleTV, it’s worth a look for a laugh. I’m only on the pilot episode, but I can’t stop laughing at the personalities and office politics and personal agendas.

My wife got an iphone recently which came with a year of appleTV, no idea if they haave the same shows here, but will see if I can find it :)

Edited by DarkTergon

My wife got an iphone recently which came with a year of appleTV, no idea if they haave the same shows here, but will see if I can find it :)

Oh, you have to check. OMG, I’m on episode 2 and all I can think is this is soooooo swtor Bioware. Lmao

Just watched the season again with my wife (I binged it first while she was asleep). It’s funny the first time, but was hilarious the second time when we started matching swtor personal from the latest stream and past staff to the shows characters.

This is how we matched up some of them

Creative director : Ian (pronounced Iron) Grimm is Charles Boyd (@Charles_Boyd)

Ian

https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/7/21128489/mythic-quest-ravens-banquet-review-apple-tv

Charles

http://t.co/U4c2FZH6Bh http://t.co/xwF3xYm8c3

Executive Producer - David Brittlesbee - Keith Kanneg (not personality wise, just with his new look with the moustache)

Head of monetization - Brad Bakshi - Ben Irving (swtor’s old lead producer who comes across EAs monetisation person)

• 4 weeks later...
So I got around to watching this and enjoyed it a lot! The characters remind me a lot of Community or GLOW, and not just Danny Pudi's character (Brad).

Great recommendation Trixxie, it's probably my favorite new show of 2020.

Glad you liked it.

Have you tried “The Boys” yet? If not, you should.

It’s an anti-super hero show where the bad guys are the supes, but no one realises it. Season 2 just started yesterday.

I’d like to link a trailer, but it would be removed cause the language is a bit too much for good old swtor forums. So just google it. Ive not met anyone yet who hasn’t liked it.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Glad you liked it.

Have you tried “The Boys” yet? If not, you should.

It’s an anti-super hero show where the bad guys are the supes, but no one realises it. Season 2 just started yesterday.

I’d like to link a trailer, but it would be removed cause the language is a bit too much for good old swtor forums. So just google it. Ive not met anyone yet who hasn’t liked it.

Yup, I watch The Boys, great show. Did you see the movie Brightburn?

While it is a funny show, I have a completely different view / idea / opinion about BW. It doesn't resemble this show at all. My view is more based on a report about harrassment and toxic work environment that was published a few years ago by a former female employer of an unnamed game developing company. That report screamed BIOWARE to me in every paragraph and I still believe that it was written by one of the formerly present female yellow posters on this board. I forgot their names, sorry. I think one had a character named Pocketheals or so... maybe. :o

• 2 weeks later...
I watched this over the past couple days and thought it was good. However, I thought the earlier episodes were much funnier than the later episodes. That said, I'm still looking forward to season 2.

Yeah, I think the earlier ones were better. But I also think they ran into problems with the whole covid thing near the end. Not much they could really do. I did think the last mashup scene was pretty cool.

I’m also looking forward to season two, but I think it will be a ways off till covid is gone.