Ordered New PC.... Now Bitraider....

akdonkey

So when My New pc gets here I must reinstall. My intentions are to install it from my original Game Disks then copy my Current game folder over the install.

My question installing from the disks will that insure I don't install Bitraider? Or will I be prompted to install using it?

Lastly, Why do they even use that knowing it causes so much trouble for everyone?

Installing from the disk should give you a non-bitraider install, however if your current install uses bitraider, then you cannot use those files to update the game, you'll have to patch the slow way.

If current install is using non-streaming patching, then you should be fine to copy files

Edited by MadDutchman

You can edit the .INI file to change launcher to non-streaming before you start downloading patch files. You'll probably be forced to update the launcher once the CDROM-based version finishes installing the game. Let the installer open up the launcher, but don't enter your display name, password, security key, etc. Just exit the launcher and edit the .INI file to disable bitraider and then re-start the launcher.

After doing some digging. I am going to install my game with my original CD's Copy the game onto an external harddrive then overwrite the cd installed game files on my new pc. I don't have Bitraider on my pc now. I looked I just don't want to end up with it. especially since I have great internet.

Although I now have 500mbp internet download speeds. I am tempted to just update and see how long it takes.

Edited by akdonkey

After doing some digging. I am going to install my game with my original CD's Copy the game onto an external harddrive then overwrite the cd installed game files on my new pc. I don't have Bitraider on my pc now. I looked I just don't want to end up with it. especially since I have great internet.

Although I now have 500mbp internet download speeds. I am tempted to just update and see how long it takes.

If you do that, I would still probably do a repair scan of the game files before trying to play.

• 1 month later...
I just called about my PC. They claim it will ship next week ibuypower claimed they had a covid infected employee that slowed their Production. So I figured when I ordered this may happen or be a delayed delivery. I will post my findings once I get it and set it up.

• 2 weeks later...
So after Covid delays. I called. ibuypower that was their excuse. My pc is slated to be delivered on Friday the 21st. I am on Night **** at the moment but I should set it up Saturday and I will let everyone know how my copying and transferring the files works.

So I installed off my Original game disks. Then I copied the current files over the old cd install. I had to run a repair mode to get into the game. It took about 2 hours to do it all. I still bet it was faster this way than a full install from online. Any ways I got to go test this new Rig out!