SERVER TRANSFERS! Seriously why are we still waiting?

Icebergy

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^this!

Hot on the heels implies "before" 2.2 or in 2.2 release and not 2.3 or later. IMO it is just frustrating to never really get a solid answer other than "soon" or "hot on the heels". :confused:

My thoughts exactly. I don't want an exact date, but some sort of official statement that cannot be interpreted to mean "anytime from next week until a long time from now" would be great! :(

Looks like the "6-8 weeks after 2.1" timeframe given on that German fansite might be right though, if they're talking about transfers coming between 2.2 and 2.3. Now if only some form of written communication would show up here or somewhere on this website and clear this up for us . . . maybe even in yellow text . . . crazy thought, I know. :p

Why did they say 'hot on the heels of 2.1' then....sigh..

To not lose the upcoming expiring subscription I guess...

Anyway I Agree. If server transfers were coming after 2.1 and before 2.2 they would already give some info right now.

Again, they can't keep a promise and another slap in the face to the people that are still beliving in this game and are PAYING monthly the subscription ._.

Hey everyone,

I wanted to give an update on paid character transfers as I know it is something that everyone has been chomping at the bit for. The reason for our silence on the issue is that we are still working through some issues with the transfer tool and so we didn’t want to set an expectation on timing and not meet it. Also, it was very important to us that we informed our APAC players of our plans first, since transfers related to their current issues as well.

With that said I wanted to let you know what our current plans are. As it stands today, our goal is to launch character transfers with Game Update 2.2. Now, as I noted above, we are still working through some things so please note that this is just our goal and that it is entirely subject to change.

I will update you with more information as I get it, thanks!

-eric

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6338612#edit6338612

That's GREAT news. Sure, it's not here already, sure it's not a 100% concrete answer, but it's actually a tentative release date. Yeah, I have some characters I'd like to rescue from another server, but I definitely want it done right, rather than fast. I suppose if they don't make it by 2.2 (which is possible), I'll be disappointed, but that's game development for you, and I know it'll happen in short order, since I know it's something on which they're actively working.

IMHO they won't happen with 2.2...

But don't worry... SOON!

Let's also be intelligent and remember that sometimes in the computer programming world, things don't always go as planned..

If it doesn't happen.. There is no reason to be a troll and throw a tantrum.. I am sure they will have a reason for it.. If it does then well.. There you go.. In either case.. Show some intelligence and some understanding..

I really wish people that think they could do better would just step up and do better instead of doing reviews from the closet.. :rolleyes:

Edited by MajikMyst

APAC is getting their free 1 time transfers this Tuesday, so that tells me we are still on target for 2.2! Yay!

I don't see why not. No excuse now, if they never were able to set freedom of transfer to any server, they can now, just slap a price tag and its good to go.