Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do Dark Side Jedi Knights have "Master" titles instead of "General"? (Knight spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why do Dark Side Jedi Knights have "Master" titles instead of "General"? (Knight spoilers)

ArkhaanPremiare
04.14.2016 , 01:23 PM | #1
The Consular gets the rank in Chapter 2 so I'd understand that, but Satele specifically said that the Knight isn't a master due to the darkness inside him. He was instead made a Jedi General in the Republic. So why do I have a Master title instead of a General title?

adormitul
04.14.2016 , 01:25 PM | #2
You will be one in the end if you play further anyway its just a issue the devs never fixed.

psandak
04.14.2016 , 01:27 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ArkhaanPremiare View Post
The Consular gets the rank in Chapter 2 so I'd understand that, but Satele specifically said that the Knight isn't a master due to the darkness inside him. He was instead made a Jedi General in the Republic. So why do I have a Master title instead of a General title?
basically the same reason why we could kill companions in beta but in live we can't (up until KotFE that is); because enough players failed to realize the consequences of their story actions and turned into crybaby whiners who b****ed and moaned enough that BW said, "F*** it" and altered it so it gave the title of Master even though the story calls them a General.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Jedi_riches
04.15.2016 , 02:15 AM | #4
I think DS jedi moaned about the fact that they did not get a master title.

This is why we can't have nice things someone will always complain if they don't get something and someone else does.
How PvP balance is achieved - Bioware please nerf paper its OP, scissors are fine as they are.
Regards,
Rock

Andrellma
04.15.2016 , 02:23 AM | #5
Back in beta, people cried.

Just like how Sith Warriors didn't used to get the Darth title, they got Emperor's Wrath instead (seriously. At no point in the SW story is he/she promoted to Darth). But people cried.

There are other examples of things that were removed in beta because people some people threw a fit.
Dat referral link, tho
You get free stuff. I get free stuff. We all win.

adormitul
04.15.2016 , 02:32 AM | #6
They really should do pools to see where the majority leans for things like this.

Jedi_riches
04.15.2016 , 02:57 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Andrellma View Post
Back in beta, people cried.

Just like how Sith Warriors didn't used to get the Darth title, they got Emperor's Wrath instead (seriously. At no point in the SW story is he/she promoted to Darth). But people cried.

There are other examples of things that were removed in beta because people some people threw a fit.
I did not know that one, do you still get Emperor's wrath title?

using Darth never made much sense to me as you never officially became a Darth I may use Emperor's Wrath on my next warrior.

Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
basically the same reason why we could kill companions in beta but in live we can't (up until KotFE that is); because enough players failed to realize the consequences of their story actions and turned into crybaby whiners who b****ed and moaned enough that BW said, "F*** it" and altered it so it gave the title of Master even though the story calls them a General.
Yeah this is a pity, people not wanting consquences of their in game actions annoys me and I think that that is a big reason that the game does not include choices that matter because when they do people moan about it.

In a way I feel that doing this stifles the game.
How PvP balance is achieved - Bioware please nerf paper its OP, scissors are fine as they are.
Regards,
Rock

Aeneas_Falco
04.15.2016 , 04:25 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by adormitul View Post
They really should do pools to see where the majority leans for things like this.
Or just stick to what is lore/story appropriate and completely ignore the crying babies.

DarthDymond
04.15.2016 , 04:31 AM | #9
Originally, in Beta, that was how it was - DS choices got you the "General" title, LS choices got you "Master" - but enough players didn't like that their Knight character could end up without the Master title that BW changed it so that everyone got Master, instead.

Side note: it occurs to me, reading this thread, that there may be an interesting conversation to be had over "BioWare needs to listen to player feedback more!" versus "people whined and BioWare pandered / caved to their whining!" narratives.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

Drudenfusz
04.15.2016 , 04:43 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by adormitul View Post
You will be one in the end if you play further anyway its just a issue the devs never fixed.
Well, actually they did fix it, to the current way it is. Since it was in beta that the Jedi got the title of General, but some players had not been happy, same on the imerial side with Sith Warrior, who didn't got the Darth title, so they fixed it that no matter the class, your Jedi will become a Master and your Sith will become a Darth.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version