Penetrating Blasts Bug

NeoNSoNicXJR

Still buggy maybe this next expansion it will be fixed or when they look at classes again. Right now Sage / Sorcerer is over the top in pvp with a tank and they go and mess with Sniper when it wasn't even broke, now its broke, been like this for over 1 year this move still hasn't been fixed. They should just revert it back to the old animation it was far superior.

• 4 weeks later...

Penetrating Blasts Bug for Snipers that been on going for over a year

Bioware you need to fix this on going issue that you keep promising us paying customers.

Each patch we look for a fix for Penetrating Blasts Bug that does not knock back .

the knockback when specialized in the utility points works for me its just the penetrating blasts doesnt fire all 5 rounds 100% of the time like it used to. when it was series of shots and just made it 5 shots for penetrating blasts and quicker firing speed before the animation change it worked perfectly fine. ever since they changed the animation its been a buggy 4 shots 70% of the time and sometimes 5 shots 30% of the time. Also you just stand in 1 place the animation isnt dynamic if someone moves behind you and you are facing forward you fire forward and the shots shoot backward to the target. the move is severely broken and its in dire need of a better animatiion, rollback of animation, or a fix.

• 2 weeks later...

I am running my Sniper Marksman and Penetrating Blasts Bug that does not knock back .

Its making PVP no fun when you have mele pounding on you and shoot Penetrating Blasts does not knock them back. I have put in so many Penetrating Blasts Bug tickets that support tell me it will be fixed in next patch.

I am am still waiting for the fix.

I made a new Gunslinger for Dark & Light at L55 and it works fine.

When I get on my Sniper Marksman L65 it continues to have the Penetrating Blast Bug that does not knock back anything.

Make me wonder if the issue is with The Shadowlands server if other Sniper are not have the issue?

• 1 year later...

Devs this is still an issue and its been years imperial sniper marksmanship penetrating blasts (usually) does not fire all 5 rounds but rather bugs out and fires 4 rounds ever since you changed the animation for penetrating blasts please fix!

Also players that are aware of this issue should file bug reports in-game since this post had over 5,000 views and still no fix!

Also an admin should probably sticky this until its fixed!

Thank you for your time!

Edited by NeoNSoNicXJR

So since you've had three years worth of time...

Have you managed to produce combat logging of the claim you are making.

It was asked of you several times.

If you don't understand combat logging I can describe how you can do it.

Edited by Gyronamics

So since you've had three years worth of time...

Have you managed to produce combat logging of the claim you are making.

It was asked of you several times.

If you don't understand combat logging I can describe how you can do it.

it fires 4 rounds instead of 5. no combat logging needed.

Also, its the devs that had that much time to fix it, and its still broken for snipers i noticed nothing wrong on my gunslinger but when they screwed with the animation for snipers its been broken ever since,, tahts 3+ years. try a sniper for yourself to find out.

(no offense please dont take it as so, i just dont have time to be messing with additional crap when people with eyes should have just seen by now that it is broken,, anyone who plays sniper who is not trying to get it secretly nerfed/broken knows this!)

Edited by NeoNSoNicXJR

it fires 4 rounds instead of 5. no combat logging needed.

Also, its the devs that had that much time to fix it, and its still broken for snipers i noticed nothing wrong on my gunslinger but when they screwed with the animation for snipers its been broken ever since,, tahts 3+ years. try a sniper for yourself to find out.

(no offense please dont take it as so, i just dont have time to be messing with additional crap when people with eyes should have just seen by now that it is broken,, anyone who plays sniper who is not trying to get it secretly nerfed/broken knows this!)

This is the point where I say you're showing no proof despite 3 years of being asked for it.

It's no big deal to open your combat log and show where an action, the number of hits and the effect applied occurs.

...unless of course you have no idea whatsoever what a combat log is and are falling back into acting as if its a terrible ordeal and its someone elses problem to provide evidence.

Whatever.

I offered to show you how to look at your logs but you hide and make a smokescreen.

Visuals are not the same thing as actual game effects. Visuals bug all the time.

This is the point where I say you're showing no proof despite 3 years of being asked for it.

It's no big deal to open your combat log and show where an action, the number of hits and the effect applied occurs.

...unless of course you have no idea whatsoever what a combat log is and are falling back into acting as if its a terrible ordeal and its someone elses problem to provide evidence.

Whatever.

I offered to show you how to look at your logs but you hide and make a smokescreen.

Visuals are not the same thing as actual game effects. Visuals bug all the time.

Anyone with a sniper knows its bugged no proof needed.

I’ve mained a sniper for most of my time since penetrating blasts has been a thing and have never had this happen to me and marksman is my preferred spec so I play it a lot. The only time when I haven’t gotten every tick of PB is if I accidentally clip PB and don’t allow the full channel to go out. Edited by shyroman

Bah u guys dont know what u are talking about, its been bugged ever since they changed the animation from series of shots for marksmanship someone sticky this until its fixed and developers please read the sniper forums because you still need to revert the animation for penetrating blasts back to series of shots to fix its brokenness.

Also if you disagree with me dont even post here, i know how some of you trolls get. its the animation and its broken for penetrating blasts. series of shots work fine, 4 shots. penetrating blasts, 4 shots like 70% of the time and after a sniper volley u usually get 5 shots. anyway its been this way for 3+ years. i made a new sniper and its still like this. i bugged it but its still an issue, it needs fixing ASAP. so im keeping this bumped until it does cause its gone on LONG ENOUGH.

another example would be the stronghold defender blaster rifle and sniper. it was broken to where u couldnt claim duplicates of it on other chars but with the recent cartel update they fixed that. they just need to do this for the marksmanship penetrating blasts animation, revert it BACK to series of shots but fires 5 rounds instead of 4 for penetrating blasts like how it was before they CHANGED the animation for NO GOOD REASON since it wasnt even BROKEN. AND NOW IT IS AND HAS BEEN FOR 3 + YEARS.

Also Gyronamics or w/e if u come back here with that nonsense why dont you post a recent video of you playing YOUR sniper in a pvp match, marksmanship build of your penetrating blasts firing 5 rounds 100% of the time. and if u can prove that i will say its a bug on some peoples characters otherwise dont even bother coming back to my thread to derail it trying to turn it into a flame war when the ISSUE IS CLEAR. PENETRATING BLASTS needs to be REVERTED back to SERIES OF SHOTS animation to properly fire 5 rounds 100% of the time since i know the devs are too lazy to fix their crappy penetrating blasts animation which SUCKS and is CRAP series of shots is way better and always will be FIX THIS ****.

Seems to work just fine.:rolleyes:

And if it's only the animation: calm your ****. There's far more serious, even gamebreaking bugs that are around far longer.

So you really think that the Devs will divert resources to fix something that doesn't have an impact on anything? Think again.

Also, if your biggest problem with the game and especially in PvP is a bugged animation, count yourself lucky.

The second vid proves you don’t know what you’re talking about (because I’m not going to watch a 9 min video for something I know doesn’t exist). The only time where all 5 shots didn’t go off was when you got interrupted, so the enemy died or you got stunned. The only time the fly text didn’t appear for all 5 ticks was when you hit it into the boss when he dodges every attack and sometimes flytext doesn’t always appear for that.

I watched the PvE vid, yes, it indeed sometimes shoots 5 times and sometimes 4 times. But the damage is always registered for all 5 shots anyway.

Before I read your post, I have never even paid attention to this. And even now i don't think it's such a big deal, it's just an animation, and the bug isn't even huge, just an animation of one shot missing...

Edited by Equeliber

Flytext glues together hits that are close enough.

Your combat log shows every single hit separately even hits which you think are single hits but are really cluster hits. It even shows dodges and missed hits.

If you ever get round to turning on combat logging all these things are visible.

Also give me a timestamp for an exact moment you think you see 4 hits.

Edited by Gyronamics

As others have said, the actual damage-ticks work just fine, you always get 5 ticks, unless you actually clip PB befor it's finished. And if we're talking about visuals, I don't think missing a shot of PB is anywhere near the top of the list of bugged animations, that could/should be fixed.

Shooting with your gun on the back, while pretending to hold a gun, a constantly whirling lightsaber after you through your LS or the fact, that my merc needs to absolutly finish his unload/BB animation, even if the enemy dies after the first tick are just a few on the top of my head, that are way more irritating than firing 4 instead of 5 shots, IMO.

thats not the point. the point is its bugged as u all clearly now see since i posted videos this issue is not present on gunslinger but it exists for sniper so its an imbalance that the developers should fix thank you for the feedback everybody but i now think a dev needs to respond to this so im gonna keep it bumped /bugged in 2 threads until a dev responds to it because this issue has gone on long enough.