Windows won't shut down properly after running SWTOR

GCrion

So I recently got into SWTOR (finally) and I'm having a weird issue where Windows will not shut down properly after running the game and I have to hold my power button to shut down. Windows shuts down fine so long as I haven't played yet. I've tried reinstalling the client and switching to the non-streaming version of the launcher as well. Neither have any effect. Other than that the game plays fine. Any suggestions on what else I can try?

Windows itself won't shut down? Or your game won't close properly? If it's the former, I can't tell you much unfortunately without me being at your computer. However, Windows is finicky and could maybe (strong maybe?) be hanging due to a SWTOR process not closing properly. Run cntrl+alt+delete and open Task Manager. Click on the processes tab and see if anything that says SWTOR is still running.

This is just a suggestion. I honestly don't know.

Good luck!

Run cntrl+alt+delete and open Task Manager. Click on the processes tab and see if anything that says SWTOR is still running.

I have a desktop that won't shut the game down properly. Using task manager to shut off the swotor process worked, but then I found that alt-F4 also worked. I don't quit the game anymore on that computer, just hit alt-F4.

• 2 weeks later...
Windows itself won't shut down? Or your game won't close properly? If it's the former, I can't tell you much unfortunately without me being at your computer. However, Windows is finicky and could maybe (strong maybe?) be hanging due to a SWTOR process not closing properly. Run cntrl+alt+delete and open Task Manager. Click on the processes tab and see if anything that says SWTOR is still running.

This is just a suggestion. I honestly don't know.

Good luck!

The issue seems to have resolved itself with the latest patch... It wasn't a stuck process though. Already checked for that.

• 9 months later...