Quinn finds me unloyal?

Talonstalker

To keep it short and simple.

During the betrayal he said i killed many loyal imperial loyelists and spared many of my enemies, and that he was not so sure i had the empire's best interest's. He even told vette she was a pain to him when i removed her shock collar.

Facts:

I removed vette her shock collar when i left korriban when i talked with her on the fleet.

I'm playing as a neutral sith, helping the empire and it's people, sometimes leaving enemies alive if i promised to let them live when they give me info or helped me.

Of course i did send karr to the jedi temple (because i like to confuse the jedi). Spared Jaessa her parents, did told they either join me or die and killed the jedi who protected them, Jaessa is light side (can't stand dark side version of her). Left Yonlach alive, did attacked first, told him he can be at peace, changed my mind.

Spared those Republic troops on Nar shaddaa, and told that sith guy to be my minnion.

Most times mocking Baras, staying neutral here and there and rarely respect him.

In the long run, i did what i could to help the empire, looking out for my own people and crew, always talking about crushing the republic and the jedi.

statement: He must be bugged.

Now it may be nothing, but i'm just annoyed that after everything i have done he just says this to me. :/

It's interesting that there is specific content for him being displeased with you. I didn't realize that. But I'm going to assume that it's a specific line he always gives if you if you've made enough decisions he disapproves of for him to be in an unhappy state. If he spared all those Jedi and Republic soldiers, then it makes sense he would be displeased. They are your enemies, he wouldn't think that is in the best interest of the Empire. And he's right, leaving your enemies alive is usually bad for your faction.

You also apparently constantly directly disobeyed Baras orders, so why would he think you are loyal?

Edited by OldVengeance

I didn't know it was possible for Quinn to call you disloyal. I've made similar choices with multiple Warriors though I was able to smoothtalk the Jedi with Jaesa's parents and set them up to be living large in Dromond Kaas with no threats, and took very chance to sass Baras I took because how can one not sass Baras every day.

Since you didn't say if you were in a romance with Quinn or not, I wonder if that makes a difference since my Warriors are in the romance with him and I just got a "I hate this but I have no choice but to side with Baras" type dialog.

Hmm, odd. Perhaps it is a specific thing that triggers him finding you disloyal?

My warrior was very lightside -- good to Imperials, merciful to enemies, LS with Jaesa (but sassed Baras a lot). But Quinn just gave him the "I'm so sorry I wish it were otherwise" speech. So I don't think he'd say you were disloyal for sparing Jedi/Republic forces. Maybe it has to do more with how you interacted with Imperials?

I just ran through the whole betrayal scene again with a LS female character very far into the romance and Quinn's companion story.

All throughout his story (especially the Broysc parts) and the class missions it's super clear that the Empire comes first for him. I get that he owes a lot to Baras but at that point in the class story it crystal clear that Baras is not working for the best interests of the Empire.

I can't tell if the whole betrayal sub-plot is poor design or just bad writing. At the very least he should have been significantly more conflicted. I got the worst case of cognitive dissonance on this play-thru.

Oh well *handwaves* Well that was a weird nightmare. Something must have been off with that Corellian Spiced Wine.

To add to it.

-I'm playing as a male cyborg. Romanced vette.

-Neutral, so making darkside and lightside choices, helped and praised imperials for their work. Even letting them live for there betrayel.

-I never did anything to harm the empire (aside from getting forced to kill my fellows during the storyline..) didn't let many of my enemies alive, atleast during chapter one much. On Taris i did left that one general alive at the end, because i wanted him to spill the secrets about project siantide for the empire's use. And i also letted Minst alive, for torturing him for info.

-I always took vette with me on my missions. Sometimes others companions as well.

With quinn i always (unless i could sass Baras) gained approval with him, even when i let those guys live when i was finding those people that were tracking my ship during chapter 1. Taris had him with me for a while, also got approval.

And i als had him with me during the mission where one of the imperial ships were attacked the one with admiral monk and stuff. Never had any disaproval, i took the lightside option with that one moff. (i want to help, but i don't have time.)

-Did Quesh planet storyline with quinn, oddly enough havend got any kind of approval or disapproval from him. Even thought i was pro empire during it i shall say.

I could post most of all the choices i did, but regardless, i did what i could do best for the Empire.

I can't tell if the whole betrayal sub-plot is poor design or just bad writing. At the very least he should have been significantly more conflicted. I got the worst case of cognitive dissonance on this play-thru.

I'd say it's a mix of poor design and bad writing. One of my Quinn romances was before the companion revamp so Quinn was married to my Warrior before the betrayal, and the other was for the DvL event. Both Warriors were pro-Imperials and Sith working together in mutual respect stance. The way the betrayal's handled probably works better if one's casually cruel to everyone they come across and dinged disapprovals with Quinn more often than not. To a romanced or best bros relationship, it just doesn't flow right. Just a line of dialog of something along the lines of "He'll kill me if I don't do this" or some Force fueled mind manipulation would've really helped.

My personal headcannon I've used to explain things is somewhere along the line Baras had Quinn go through something like the Thing the Agent has happen to them in their storyline as a backup if Quinn balked or refused to go through with the betrayal.

It doesn't have to do with any of the decisions you made during the game. It's all about how Quinn justifies his own decision to stay loyal to Baras. He had to come up with reasons not to sway from his course, even if he knows deep down he's backing the wrong horse.

Someone on the forums the other day remarked that Ashara wasn't getting any conversation influence from Quesh, either. Guess someone buggered the whole planet after 4.0.

I genuinely can't remember if there was any conversation influence with companions on Quesh prior to 4.0. I mostly remember feeling like I couldn't get off the planet fast enough.

I genuinely can't remember if there was any conversation influence with companions on Quesh prior to 4.0. I mostly remember feeling like I couldn't get off the planet fast enough.

There were a couple, yes.

I just played through Quesh again tonight on a Trooper and didn't get any companion influence from conversation choices. It does appear to be broken.

• 3 months later...
I am wondering if it is the way you handled the whole Moff Broysc situation. I have always encouraged Quinn to kill him, but Quinn hates Broysc with a passion, sees him as detriment to the empire, unworthy of the Moff title and totally bonkers. I cannot think of anything else that would set Quinn off except that whole thing. I'm not even sure if you can let Broysc live, I don't remember.

I'm still not sure why you are confused. You say Quinn called you disloyal, and then spend most of the OP explaining all the disloyal things you did.

I wouldn't call those things i did and said "Disloyal".

"Quinn: I saw how you killed many loyal imperial's, while letting many of republics alive."

(Forgot the exact quote, but it was something like this along the lines.)

While i did let many alive during chapter 1, and aleast that one general at the end of Taris for his plans for Project Siantide. I always stood up for the Empire and it's people. It doesn't make any sense for Quinn to say i killed many Imps then Reps.

"Quin: Vette, ever since my lord removed your shock collar, you have been insufferable to me."

I removed her shock collar on the fleet way before we even met Quinn, his line should be different.

"Quinn; Vette, ever since we have met, you have been insufferable to me."

From what i remember from vid on YT.

I made this thread to find out if Quinn is bugged or something.

I am wondering if it is the way you handled the whole Moff Broysc situation. I have always encouraged Quinn to kill him, but Quinn hates Broysc with a passion, sees him as detriment to the empire, unworthy of the Moff title and totally bonkers. I cannot think of anything else that would set Quinn off except that whole thing. I'm not even sure if you can let Broysc live, I don't remember.

I did said i find it amusing the way how Broysc was talking on the holo to me and Quinn. I also told him that he isn't fit for command anymore which Quinn aproved of what i said, and i let him kill Broysc.

I wouldn't call those things i did and said "Disloyal".

"Quinn: I saw how you killed many loyal imperial's, while letting many of republics alive."

(Forgot the exact quote, but it was something like this along the lines.)

While i did let many alive during chapter 1, and aleast that one general at the end of Taris for his plans for Project Siantide. I always stood up for the Empire and it's people. It doesn't make any sense for Quinn to say i killed many Imps then Reps.

"Quin: Vette, ever since my lord removed your shock collar, you have been insufferable to me."

I removed her shock collar on the fleet way before we even met Quinn, his line should be different.

"Quinn; Vette, ever since we have met, you have been insufferable to me."

From what i remember from vid on YT.

I made this thread to find out if Quinn is bugged or something.

Well clearly Quinn does find it disloyal. And in many cases he would probably be right.

You said you spared Noman Karr. He's an enemy of the Empire. That's disloyal.

You said you spared Yanloch. He's an enemy of the Empire you were explicitly ordered to kill. That's disloyal.

You said you allied with and then spared the Republic troopers on Nar Shadda. They're enemies of the Empire.

You also helped a Jedi infiltrate the Sith Order.

You also disobeyed an order from Baras to eliminate Jaesa's parents (although you can get him to approve of that).

After all those things you did, did you also spare Master Timmns on Belsavis or those two Jedi that were sent to arrest you by Noman Karr?

Maybe one or two these might have OK, but my guess is that you did enough general things that made Quinn angry. I think it is unlikely he has more than one conversation state, so my guess is if you either kill enough loyal Imperials or spare enough Republic enemies, he will say "You killed our allies and spared our enemies!"

With Vette, I imagine that he always says that about the shock collar because the devs assumed you'd probably keep it on longer? That one sounds like an oversight, but if you want to come up with some explanation, maybe he learned about Vette's shock collar afterward and realized he could have been shipmates with a quieter Twi-lek with a shock collar that bothered him less.

Well clearly Quinn does find it disloyal. And in many cases he would probably be right.

You said you spared Yanloch. He's an enemy of the Empire you were explicitly ordered to kill. That's disloyal.

You said you allied with and then spared the Republic troopers on Nar Shadda. They're enemies of the Empire.

You also disobeyed an order from Baras to eliminate Jaesa's parents (although you can get him to approve of that).

After all those things you did, did you also spare Master Timmns on Belsavis or those two Jedi that were sent to arrest you by Noman Karr?

Maybe one or two these might have OK, but my guess is that you did enough general things that made Quinn angry. I think it is unlikely he has more than one conversation state, so my guess is if you either kill enough loyal Imperials or spare enough Republic enemies, he will say "You killed our allies and spared our enemies!"

With Vette, I imagine that he always says that about the shock collar because the devs assumed you'd probably keep it on longer? That one sounds like an oversight, but if you want to come up with some explanation, maybe he learned about Vette's shock collar afterward and realized he could have been shipmates with a quieter Twi-lek with a shock collar that bothered him less.

In my defence. Light side Jaesa is better then Dark side Jaesa. I even threaten her before and after she joins.

Yep, i let Timmns alive and one of the two jedi's that where supposed to kill me - i did pushed that one to rage against me, while letting the other one alive to give Karr a message.

(Even Karr says or assumes i killed them, yet i got a mail from Jaesa stating that She and Karr where surprised i let that one jedi alive and what he told what happend.)

Letting those troopers go was a honourable. Anyone who says other wise can argue with my blade.

I'm pretty sure i heard a different dialogue about it regarding Vette's shock collar.

It may be all nothing but it's annoying to hear something like that that doesn't make any sense same regarding Quinn complaining i killed more Imps.

In my defence. Light side Jaesa is better then Dark side Jaesa. I even threaten her before and after she joins.

Yep, i let Timmns alive and one of the two jedi's that where supposed to kill me - i did pushed that one to rage against me, while letting the other one alive to give Karr a message.

(Even Karr says or assumes i killed them, yet i got a mail from Jaesa stating that She and Karr where surprised i let that one jedi alive and what he told what happend.)

Letting those troopers go was a honourable. Anyone who says other wise can argue with my blade.

I'm pretty sure i heard a different dialogue about it regarding Vette's shock collar.

It may be all nothing but it's annoying to hear something like that that doesn't make any sense same regarding Quinn complaining i killed more Imps.

I strongly disagree about Lightside Jaesa being better than Darkside Jaesa, but that's neither here nor there. The point is that Quinn is the one who would disprove of bringing a Jedi infiltrator into the ranks of the Sith with the ultimate goal of subverting Imperial ideology.

Maybe letting those troops go was honorable, but it's still an example conspiring with enemies of the Sith Empire and then allowing them to live to continue to fight Imperials in the future. It's not a shining display of loyalty. Plus that's a whole lot of Jedi you left alive. Based on what you've said, I believe you spared a full two thirds of Jedi that you could otherwise have killed. No wonder he's mad.

Edited by OldVengeance

But I've made those same choices and I've never gotten the disloyal dialog from Quinn, even worked with Timms when I could. As I've also never gotten the shock collar comment from him about Vette since I also always take it off her soon as I have the chance, I'm wondering if there might be some misfiring flags somewhere or being in a romance with Quinn changes things.

• 6 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but recently I found a clip of Quinn saying those things. I suspect it might have to do with his level of approval. I've noticed there are a couple different phrases over the course of seeing different videos of it.

Sometimes he says "I should have known" he defeated, and other times he says "What went wrong?" And perhaps the line about disloyalty is the result of the lowest level of approval. The game may assume that you must have done all the things to make him angry if his approval is below a certain level by that point in the game. AT least that's my guess at what causes the differences in his dialogue.