Death Mark Conquest and Bounty Contract Week

phalczen

TL, DR:

I think there should be some conquest objectives related to bounty contract week missions for the Death Mark Conquest week. Also, CXP rewards from the bounty contract week missions seem a little low.

Long version:

So, Death Mark Conquest (DMCQ) and Bounty Contract Week (BCW) almost always coincide. There have of course been times when they didn't, but it is usually related to a bug of some kind, or a planned extension of BCW due to other factors.

Yet, there are no objectives in the DMCQ that are related to BCW.

Is this because you (the Devs) didn't want to take anything away from pvp, which is the focus of most of this week's repeatable objectives?

Is this because you didn't want to have conquest objectives that were potentially not able to be completed because the event schedule didn't line up?

Also, since the topic of missions that reward paltry amounts of CXP seems to be up for discussion, I think that at least the kingpin missions, if not both the henchman and kingpin, ought to award more CXP. On my sub-300 characters, with a boost and all the legacy perks, not in a same-alignment victory state, kingpin and henchman and the interrogation mission award 176 CXP each. Dailies in the six bugged areas award 2644 each, of which there are enough areas and missions and planets so as to award probably tens of thousands of CXP while currently bugged. Just Black Hole and CZ-198 have 11 missions between them for a total of 29084 CXP (buffs and perks) and there are four other planets with lots more dailies. I would say the difficulty of the kingpin mission is more than the daily for the Czerka Eradictor droid champion (neither is terribly challenging with a high influence comp and end game gear, but that's a whole other story.) So, even if the daily interrogation mission for the henchmen is deemed too simple to increase the CXP reward, at least increase the kingpin, which is a weekly anyway. I know that the daily areas will not be bugged forever. But, there is some acknowledgement on the part of the dev team that their CXP yield is going to be re-evaluated and increased somehow, even if via some rotation. I'd ask the same for the BCW missions.

Lastly, consider the fact that players not inclined to pvp could still contribute to their guild's conquest totals if BCW objectives existed during the DMCQ week. Also consider that players might do bounties more often if the CXP reward wasn't abysmally low ... just like people started doing dailies more.

What do other people think? Devs, what do you think?

Thanks for reading.